Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I this the Alleria stuff is probably something we'll get a new class for but I don't think it'll be in 8.0, it'll probably be in 9.0

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Demon hunters are melee while Warlocks are ranged. Even with that glaring difference they only managed to get two specs out of the idea. Too many people think that a successful spec only requires a cool spell effect and lore source.

You need a "fantasy" to fulfill in order to produce a popular spec. Lots of people would be interested in a angsty shadow magic ranger but that is the only archer fantasy hunters don't already fulfill. Dark Ranger is already too niche, it might as well be a hunter spec. Name the significant thematic difference between a ranger who shoots purple magic attacks and one that shoots purple magic attacks but its "void."

I think blizz should be more ambitious and add one new spec to every class (its a lot of work but it'd bring back players). Hunters could then have a Dark Ranger spec.
    Agree agree, and agree sumore. To build on this; I would even go a step further; add some racial flavor to it- what if the Horde hunters (through the forsaken) received the Dark Ranger spec; thematically based off Sylvanas and the wc3 dark ranger. While the Alliance received the Void Ranger spec; thematically based off what Alleria has become?

Mechanically they would need to be the same spec (Though I am not against differences personally) but effects could be different for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Rather than adding a new (and unnecesary imo) class, I'd like each spec to be reskinned (if possible) according to the race, for example:

Undead Hunter => Dark Ranger
    Blood Elf Mage => Blood Mage
    Gnome Warrior => Tinker
    Troll Shaman => Witch Doctor
    Tauren Paladin => Sunwalker (not only lorewise)

And so on. You could also introduce new race/class combos like:

Blood Elf Shaman => Spellbreaker
    Draenei Warlock => Demonbinder
    Undead Paladin => Redeemer

You get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Rugaru78 View Post
    I think Dark Ranger sounds a lot better than a Tinker class. I do not understand the appeal for a Tinker class, where did it come from?
    Those who like Gnomes and Goblins and feel they need to have their own class to help define them.

Hearthstone Goblins and Gnomes expansion and Mekkatorque's appearance in the Legion cinematic has definitely helped reinvigorated interest in them.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-09-13 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If this class was to happen, no tank/heal spec.
    Leave it purely ranged DPS.
    Of the new classes added to this game, none have been ranged.
    Make 2 or 3 ranged DPS specs and call it a day.

I mean, r eally, they still owe DHs another spec and honestly, neither one of their 2 feel that great.
    I would prefer no new class due to the bloat of race/class/spec combos out there, but if they do, keep it DPS.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Or we could take a twist to the tinker idea which is a technology based class and merged it with a void theme... hmm why does that sound familar o right Ethereals are both a technologically advance race and void themed so it could be based on them instead of gnomes and goblins
    Dude....wow....this guy. You know, I never liked the idea of a tinker class. I've always been in the "So, make engineering a class?" camp. But this idea right here? I can now concede to the possibility of a tinker class in WoW if done this way instead of goblins/gnomes. Kudos to you sir!

(Of course I don't think it could still be called "Tinker", but another name more fitting the Etherium would be fine; could we be from the Consortium too please? I love those guys)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Fel magic predates demons and the Legion, so it's not like new fel magic can't continue to be invented. If anything, you'd expect to see more of it now that the Legion is out of commission and all demonic entities kinda have the choice of either becoming neutral/friendly or being killed. Without the Legion, I'd imagine Fel would be a great deal less taboo, though not any less destructive or chaotic. So you might also see things like the Kirin Tor allowing more study of it.~snip~
    Basically this regarding fel magic. With the end of this xpac, presumably, the legion will be over. But remember, "The Burning Legion" is merely the army of near infinite demons commanded by Sargeras; most of whom he imprisoned himself on mardum and other worlds. The end of the Legion doesn't mean the end of Demons, or fel magic for that matter.

"Who doesn't want it?"
    This guy. This guy right here.
    (Granted, I'd take it over Tinker any day of the week.)

Sounds more like a fourth spec for Hunters/Priests/Paladins that focuses on magical ammo. As a spec? Okay. But as a class? Heck no. There's not enough obvious fantasy to make other specs. They'd have to be forced. And, like, okay, but if they're forcing new spec concepts, why didn't Demon Hunter get a third? We going to get another class with only two specs? That'd suck.

I'd rather they make something with already strong untapped class fantasy like Runemaster, Bard/Dancer, etc.

Void Ranger - Ranged shadow/void dps, has the cool cloaking stuff that I saw Alleria do in another video. Summons voidy pets.
    Light Ranger - Shoots healing arrows, can play buff music like the one the light gods play (I remember seeing musical tunes next to them before?). Probably has to cast arrows like aimed shot onto players.

What is Varessa or w/e her name is gets consumed by the Light!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by baldmonki View Post
    Thoughts?
    What races would you make playable with that concept? I think the shadow/light combo is interesting, but curious what races you'd think would fit the ranger concept as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They quoted me saying my argument is stupid. The thing is there's not much animation to shooting arrows. Unless they make Dark Ragner reeeaaallly flashy I don't see how they can be very different from Hunters from a purely asthetic point.
    Like how all casters animations are exactly the same aswell?

Have you no imagination at all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    What if Alleria and Sylvanas are being used to set up a new class *dark ranger*

think about it, it's highly sought after and they even added a dark ranger talent to hunters in legion but took it out before release if i remember right.

all are new classes have been MELEE

easily could have a dark arrow spec *sylvanas style* and void spec *alleria style*, or even a mix of the two with a duel wielding melee spec *void tank?*

it adds another class that can use bows and guns which only 1 CAN *granted only DH can use WG*

adds a new MAIL CLASS wearer

it;s gives void a new playstyle. other then shadow priest *caster* where dark ranger would be *physical/magic ranged + maybe melee spec?*

holy has paladins *melee* and priest *caster*
    fel/demon magic has warlocks *caster* and demon hunters *agile melee*
    death/shadow has affliction warlock *caster* and death knight *melee*
    NORMIES *warrior hunter rogue*
    monks are well.......monks
    arcane/elements has mage as caster, shaman as all roles but tank
    druid is special with the only nature based class but has 4 spec's

now i know people like the idea of a tinker, but dark ranger is probably more popular..... *cause elf woman > short people*

fit well with Night Elf*maybe high elf subrace instead?*/Blood Elf/Human/Undead
    *as we got sylvanas, Nath, Alleria to base them off and connect to both factions and the 4 races

also WE KNOW WE ARE GETTING A VOID EXPANSION *probably with naga to*

also WHO DOESN'T WANT A VOID SKINNED character like alleria?

although she could just be the one to betray us and go CRAYCRAY and kills us all till we kill her for loot?

ALSO IT WOULD BE A HERO CLASS WITH YOU AS A *ranger* following the same path as alleria/sylvanas *aka dark deals/magic*
    *we just don't get to suck on a void naruu, but maybe void something, or hell make it a naruu too*
    I said the same thing about jaina. ill say the same about the windrunners blizzard would be foolosih to have them go full evil and we have to kill them off.. besides you already got to do that in the cataclysm end times dungeon.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised if in an upcoming expansion, our "paragon/artifact" type progression was a talent tree divided in shadow and light options, with the direction that the story seems to be heading in Argus.
    not only alleria, but the lightforged draenei too. y'mera fires bolts of light and arcane, telaamon is a warrior but lashes out with light whirlwinds, and baraat is blasting hundreds of light arrows all the time.

so, this could be a good sign imo.

My feeling is that hte next expansion will add "sub-classes" to current ones, and thats how we get dark ranger, there will be basically the 3 main talent trees for all classes (save druid/DH) and basically this sub-class which serves as a sort of seperate talent tree, adding new abilities, and working as an artifact style paragon class.

There would be two choices, a good/evil option for each one desgined around the temptations of the gods power vs the fight against it, each one, even classes traditionally known for being evil might have redeemed versions and good ones corrupted ones.

Paladin for example could be Good: Vindicator, and Evil: Zealot/Crusader (Scarlet Crusade themed) represneting the light that guides vs the light that blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    They could add a 4th spec for every class (a 3rd for DH and revamp the Feral Druid's poor gameplay ) and use some lore characters and the fact that Order Class worked together and learned from each other.

Death Knight: I love the Unholy, really, but Blizzard should exploit more the range aspect and the combination with the abomination. Rework this spec, and add "Necromancer" spec, a Healer spec with Staff and/or Polearm that use the entire knowledge of the Death Knight (Blood / Frost / Unholy) with different skills to heal and protect using Death Runes. Adding to that a knowledge into the Shadow/Void that allows the Necromancer to auto-rez and battle-rez an ally (Lich's phylactery) or use Banshees and skeletons. Lore character could be KelThuzad.

Hunter: "Shadow Hunter". That class has 2 range and a melee specs. I don't think adding a 3rd range spec is usefull if Blizzard keeps the 2 others like this. Marksmanship focus on shooting powerful hits, Beastmaster should exploit more the interaction between the hunter and his pet (more than 1 or 2 buttons), Survival is cool. Shadow Hunter should be a Tank spec, Melee with 2 one-hand swords, with some skills to escape.

Priest: "Inquisitor". A melee Damage Dealer spec that use 2 daggers and light magic, just like that good old Scarlet Crusade boss.

Warrior: "Commander", a Heal spec using a Shield and one-hand mace. The Commander can use his melee skills to feed his rage and use Battle Cries to empower/protect his allies and buff the heal done on targets and provides buffs to leech life from their enemies.

Shaman: "Rune Master". Using the Earth Element to protect, this Tank spec use a Shield and one-hand mace.

Rogue: "Bard", a heal spec like in the "Rift" game.

Warlock: "Void Guardian", a Tank spec that uses the Warlock knowledge to tap into the Twisting Neither and empower him with the Voidwalkers.

Demon Hunter: "Warden", a Range Damage Dealer using Warglaives.

Paladin: "Light Fury", a Range Damage Dealer using the Light to attack his enemies.

Mage: "Spellblade", a Melee Damage Dealer using Arcane Magic to empower is 2 hands Sword and other schools to control or burst their enemies.

Monk: "Jade apprentice", a Range Damage Dealer using Polearm that can cast Nature/Spirit spells and summon Jade Serpents

Druid: Despite Blizzard separated the Feral spec in two (Guardian/Feral), the Melee DD spec lacks of fun gameplay. They should keep the base of that spec in the Feral Form for other specs (with some mechanic changes depending on the spec) and go further for this melee spec. For example "Scythe Wolf", you play an original spec using the power of the Druids of the Scythe, mastering the Full Feral Form and the Emerald Nightmare's power.

So, this would add 3 Heal / 3 Tanks / 3 Range DD / 3 Melee DD and allow players to switch their roles more often depending on the situations.
    I like this alot, a few things to adjusted but overall, very solid. I would play this! Specially tank Shaman and tank Warlock~

As for the Dark Ranger, sorry but no please, we don't need an other special class for elves(Humans and Forsaken also?) I rather see Tinker, give some love to the little folk, and less focus on the fanservice elves.