Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's greater than before the patch, because before the patch you got your BiS relic and it was the best(ignoring titanforging crap), end of story. Now it's potentially not the best trait.
    Please read more carefully. The point isn't that it's the best trait, the point is that it is not one of your worst traits. Thus, someone crying because of the huge difference between best possible and worst possible is merely constructing a straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Please read more carefully. The point isn't that it's the best trait, the point is that it is not one of your worst traits. Thus, someone crying because of the huge difference between best possible and worst possible is merely constructing a straw man.
    It is no longer guaranteed to be your best relic(assuming no TF shit), thus it is worse(relative to other relics, which is all that matters) than before the patch.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It is no longer guaranteed to be your best relic(assuming no TF shit), thus it is worse(relative to other relics, which is all that matters) than before the patch.
    worse != worst

LOL

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The relic trait is never changed. However, traits in the Crucible changes randomly. You can have 3 identical relics and it might pop 3 totally different sets of Crucible traits. But you won't know until you preview the individual relics. Once you do, they are bound to you and any trade timer is removed.

From the Wowhead guide
    Okay, so still best then probably to pop in shadow damage % or similar for shadow priests trying to do... Well, what we do: damage.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Okay, so still best then probably to pop in shadow damage % or similar for shadow priests trying to do... Well, what we do: damage.
    The abilities have modifiers built in so your class will benefit from shadow or holy if they normally don't. So shadow isn't automatically better just for a shadow priest. In reality the type isn't relevant and is just the "lore" of how it works.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard must be run by a pack of blind monkeys. First they remove everything that makes gear fun (reforging, hit/expertise, colored gems and diverse enchants) with the motivation that they want us to be able to know if an item is an upgrade or not and be able to equip it right away.

Then they immediately start to work against that vision with RNG item levels, RNG sockets and now this.

At least with the previous system if the item I wanted dropped I knew it would be an upgrade, now I haven't got a fucking clue. It could be the best thing since sliced bread, or it could be a massive turd or anything between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    Honest Blizzard answer: "We removed reforging because there was no RNG involved. Kappa"
    Haha that is fucking great. I`ll use that for my sig if you don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Blizzard must be run by a pack of blind monkeys. First they remove everything that makes gear fun (reforging, hit/expertise, colored gems and diverse enchants) with the motivation that they want us to be able to know if an item is an upgrade or not and be able to equip it right away.
    None of that was fun.

Reforging was bull!#@$ busywork that added nothing to the game. Hitcapping was another headache for everyone involved... gotta set up one set of gear for if I have a draenei in my party, one if I dont... and oh @!#$... an "upgrade" just dropped for me, but I can't use it until I get another "upgrade" that adjusts my hit.

I main enchant/JC, and while I disagree with how trivial the crafting professions have become, I agree that dialing back the sheer quantity of gems and enchants needed was a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What spec do you play? What sims can you point to that back up this claim?

I'm going to call bullshit. I think you are greatly exaggerating the impact.

There is another thing you are logically wrong about: there is not a realistic scenario where player A has the best relics possible and player B has the worst relics possible. Relics within the same ilvl range get melted all the time, so if player B has shit relics, he will continue to get chance after chance for upgrades. Past this week (some ppl may be stuck with some pretty bad luck for the short-term with the crucible having just opened) nobody who is raiding is going to be rocking the worst relics possible. Even this week it is pretty much impossible. Why would someone even have a relic with a bad primary trait socketed in the first place? The real comparison is between the best and middle of the pack. I do not believe that difference is any greater than have the RNG gear drop differences ever been in the past.
    well it took goroth 2 months to drop even one fel relic(with me rolling him every single week), so yeah it's entirely possible
    as for the numbers, my best trait is simming 40k over my worst one (tier 2)
    that times 3 is 120k right there, and we didnt even talk about the tier 3 differences

https://www.raidbots.com/reports/8PA...pgW/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    None of that was fun.

Reforging was bull!#@$ busywork that added nothing to the game. Hitcapping was another headache for everyone involved... gotta set up one set of gear for if I have a draenei in my party, one if I dont... and oh @!#$... an "upgrade" just dropped for me, but I can't use it until I get another "upgrade" that adjusts my hit.

I main enchant/JC, and while I disagree with how trivial the crafting professions have become, I agree that dialing back the sheer quantity of gems and enchants needed was a good thing.
    yeah, but on the other side of the coin waht you have now requires zero thought, you just equip items that has your main stat and higher ilvl
    i kinda liked that you had to minmax your gear and sure, eventually they made an addon for that, but as stats are right now they might as well remove everything and just put %dmg on the items, because that's what all of them do, and you just need more of each, there are no caps, no tradeoff, no sacrifices, nothing that makes gearing really interesting
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-13 at 07:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post

Then they immediately start to work against that vision with RNG item levels, RNG sockets and now this.

At least with the previous system if the item I wanted dropped I knew it would be an upgrade, now I haven't got a fucking clue. It could be the best thing since sliced bread, or it could be a massive turd or anything between.
    I must admit, the fact people have to sim almost every item if it isn't more than 10 ilevel upgrade just to see if the math adds up higher, is kind of annoying.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I must admit, the fact people have to sim almost every item if it isn't more than 10 ilevel upgrade just to see if the math adds up higher, is kind of annoying.
    You don't have to sim every item. You just have to look at a sim already done. It tells you the rank of each trait and you can determine from their what your best path would be. In general though if you already know what is good for your class you don't have to sim anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    FYI a 955 Unstable Arcano Crystal is marginally better than an 880. Stop it. The game gives you the opportunity to continue improving beyond the parameters of what is needed to kill the raid bosses, only awful try hards that suck at this game manage to turn that around and claim it's harder to gear up. It isn't, what is absolute BIS now is just a plateau you don't even need to worry about.
    Just simmed it, the difference between an 880 and 955 Arcano crystal is around 45k dps, that isn't marginal.

I'm of the camp that you should only receive gear that you earn, getting a lucky RNG roll isn't skill based, you didn't earn it, you got lucky on the crapshoot dice roll.

Want better gear? Do harder content and earn it, that's how it has, and should always be. If you want better gear, you should be clearing content that tests your skill and be rewarded for it, not farming piss easy content and hoping for a titanforge.

I play an elemental shaman and so far the guides for the crucible are saying the sims say that +5 ilvl on relic is more dps than any teir 2 trait So for me im always going to go with the higher ilvl relic as thats going to be almost always an upgrade dps wise. Now once its starts getting into equal ilvl relics then its gonna cause some issues in raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very frustrated with the crucible. Not being able to see the crucible traits without the item becoming soulbound is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, but guy 1 always stands in fire, guy 2 is actually a girl and sleeps with the GM and guy 3 is an awesome player no matter what. Then ofc there is guy 4, who has the most awesome gear and BiS legendaries, but a specc that "Blizzard does not care for" and not to forget guy 5, who is never prepared because he is constantly bitching on forums how everything is Blizzard's fault, why guy 6 just joins a guild and gets things done.

I am guy 6...who are you?
    I can be guy two if they want me to be .

Serious though, I just roll with whatever loot I do or don't get. None of it is guaranteed anyway, so I don't exactly expect to always get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    Haha that is fucking great. I`ll use that for my sig if you don't mind
    I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Not while I was a member of a serious guild.
    Considering this happened to Blood Legion several expansions ago (riggnaros had to miss part of the progression race due to a family emergency). By that logic a top 5 world guild isn't "serious" either.