Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Have Heroic KJ on farm, now what?

Hey guys,

My guild was struggling on heroic KJ but now we are killing him in one raid night. Sadly we don't have 20 people that can make the raid on time. I really want to try mythic but I love my guild and don't want to leave.

From what you say recruiting seems to be the only option.

Recruiting is hard but if you and your team all want to step foot into Mythic it's the only way.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Wait until the next raid tier unlocks pal.

You started killing him in one raid night after him being needed for the third time and having the NLC unlocked...
    That's anything but farm status.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many players short are you? If you are in a good server, you can pug 2-3 DPS and do Goroth and Harjatan. Alternatively, you can talk to your guild and ask them if you can raid Mythics with another guild while waiting for next tier.

We are in a similar boat as your guild. We have 17-18 consistently. We have a couple of raiders from other guilds who regularly raids with us.

The last option is to wait till they open x-server mythic TOS.

Recruitment kinda sucks for casual mostly heroic/some Mythics kinda guilds. Raiders are either super hardcore and want to go to complete Mythic guilds, or they are so casual, that they don't care to move at all. No country for the middle men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    How many players short are you? If you are in a good server, you can pug 2-3 DPS and do Goroth and Harjatan. Alternatively, you can talk to your guild and ask them if you can raid Mythics with another guild while waiting for next tier.

We are in a similar boat as your guild. We have 17-18 consistently. We have a couple of raiders from other guilds who regularly raids with us.

The last option is to wait till they open x-server mythic TOS.

Recruitment kinda sucks for casual mostly heroic/some Mythics kinda guilds. Raiders are either super hardcore and want to go to complete Mythic guilds, or they are so casual, that they don't care to move at all. No country for the middle men.
    Anywhere from 5-8

You farm the shit out of it to prepare for the next tier.

That's what we do in my cross-realm group, because yes, we can't do more than heroic... and we do have the numbers, we're 30 every week.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

My guild was struggling on heroic KJ but now we are killing him in one raid night. Sadly we don't have 20 people that can make the raid on time. I really want to try mythic but I love my guild and don't want to leave.
    As far as getting enough people you can always try pugging a few or if it's more then a few people you need you can try can find another guild in the same spot on your server and do a joint run. Another option may be to run mythic nighthold which can be ran cross server which will make pugging easier.

Either recruit or do the same thing we've been doing for years when we finish a tier: Keep farming it until the next tier, and if it's an end tier, feel free to take a break (we usually break the last month or two before prepatch)

we kill him last night for first time after a loot of guild drama and switching people, the rest of the week we are gonna clear helya and the six bosses of mytych NH that we miss just for fun practicing hard mechanics until we recruit more people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

If they cant do mythic, pug mythic.
    If they are not doing mythic, look for a mythic group on your server looking for a pug or two and run with them when you can, then run heroic with your guild when they do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If your guild "struggled" with H KJ, then I really don't think Mythic is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If your guild "struggled" with H KJ, then I really don't think Mythic is for you.
    To be fair, the first boss is much easier than Heroic KJ. Can be argued that the first three are.

I'd recruit man. Its worth it. Mythic is where the fun is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

HC KJ after netherlight is so lul don't waste your time on mythic you'll get 3/9 at the very very best not worth the effort of recruiting and the stress of getting 20 ppl to turn up when some won't want to that night, be happy with what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    To be fair, the first boss is much easier than Heroic KJ. Can be argued that the first three are.

I'd recruit man. Its worth it. Mythic is where the fun is.
    KJ at launch yes, but not KJ with 3 (or was it 4?) waves of nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    KJ at launch yes, but not KJ with 3 (or was it 4?) waves of nerfs.
    And they struggled in the past and kill him now on the first night. You can't really draw any conclusions unless you know at which state specifically they started progressing and when they killed him.

Going mythic with a hc only guild will result in a raid/guild break up very often i think, some people are not up to par for the content and wiping 100+ times on a boss will bring out the worst of egomaniacs just like high ranked PvP, so if your not willing to tell your friends that they have to sit tonight because they simply are not able to handle x mechanic just forget it and farm some hc until Antorus.....15 more ilvl's are not worth the hassle and breaking up with friendships.

Well we're not far off the next raid so you're best bet is,

Recruit - even if its lowbies and bring them up to scratch, run em through NH heroic, ToS Normal and Heroic. Progress as normal in the new place, clear normal, get heroic on farm then hope you've done enough recruit so you have 20 people.

I find a lot of people now while they do actively recruit, they point blank refuse to take anyone who hasn't got curve or who hasn't got heroic gear. They aren't willing to invest in new players at all but are happy to complain about not getting new raiders in.

In the mean time, how many players do you have? Why not try pugging the people your missing, make ground rules of being on discord, flasked, food, pots and amoury check them, then just casually do the first two or three on mythic at the least? You never know you might come across people from a guild in the same position as yours, or guildless people who might be willing to transfer servers etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Going mythic with a hc only guild will result in a raid/guild break up very often i think, some people are not up to par for the content and wiping 100+ times on a boss will bring out the worst of egomaniacs just like high ranked PvP, so if your not willing to tell your friends that they have to sit tonight because they simply are not able to handle x mechanic just forget it and farm some hc until Antorus.....15 more ilvl's are not worth the hassle and breaking up with friendships.
    Just out of interest, where do you expect a raid team to start on mythic? You're essentially saying don't bother with mythic because they might break up?

I don't know what your basing your assumption on but I know from my own experience of transition in the past from heroic to mythic that it's fun. Yea its a bucket ton of wipes on the first couple of bosses but thats never broken any of my friendships. Even right now my RL mates are busy online recruiting people so we can attempt mythic before the raid opens, or atleast be in a position ready to attempt it next raid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    HC KJ after netherlight is so lul don't waste your time on mythic you'll get 3/9 at the very very best not worth the effort of recruiting and the stress of getting 20 ppl to turn up when some won't want to that night, be happy with what you got.
    Again, something else I don't understand. Why not bother recruiting the raiders now so in a few months time you might actually have a shot of attempting mythic? Otherwise he's going to be in exactly the same position in a different raid x amount of time down the road. You've got to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Just out of interest, where do you expect a raid team to start on mythic? You're essentially saying don't bother with mythic because they might break up?

I don't know what your basing your assumption on but I know from my own experience of transition in the past from heroic to mythic that it's fun. Yea its a bucket ton of wipes on the first couple of bosses but thats never broken any of my friendships. Even right now my RL mates are busy online recruiting people so we can attempt mythic before the raid opens, or atleast be in a position ready to attempt it next raid
    Simply my experience and my opinion with my casual raids since MoP, i dont raid mythic/10,25hc since then, people join those guilds very often because they are happy to see the content in a somewhat challenging but not frustrating way, the moment you go a notch higher people loose interest when it gets frustrating, soon thereafter only 18-17 people will show up and your in the neverending deathspiral of your guild dieing.

Many times the Leadership/officers are not on their A game either and way underestimate the responsibilities of managing a healthy 20 man roster.

I mean if his whole raidroster is willing to give it a try more power to him, im just trying to get a different PoV for him on the situation.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-09-14 at 01:10 PM.