Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyway frost 4p got buffed in the mean time.
    I guess it is going to be the go to spec again.

Any link for the 4p frost buff?

Even with all these buff, Frost is still going to be the Top ST mage spec?

Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus Name changed from "Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus - Combustion Increases Crit Damage" to "Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus". Combustion also increases your critical strike damage by 50% for 14 sec. 12% for 14 sec.

Item - Mage T21 Frost 4P Bonus Name changed from "Item - Mage T21 Frost 4P Bonus - Brain Freeze Buffs Frostbolt" to "Item - Mage T21 Frost 4P Bonus". When you consume Brain Freeze, the damage of your next Frostbolt is increased by 75%. or Ice Lance is increased by 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Are you accounting for the fact that you'll be using combustion ~1.5-2 times as often (if kindling / glove setup etc etc)and it will last x seconds longer (+2 from 2 pce + up to another +3 if stacking preignited).
    The Crit Damage buff is only for 14 Seconds so the 2 set and relics are extremely bad. And Gloves could be good and you certainly will get more combustions but you will not have any PF stacks ready. I hope they increase the buff to 25% that seems like a good number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    Anyway frost 4p got buffed in the mean time.
    I guess it is going to be the go to spec again.
    Then you realize you can't FB Flurry IL combo and it goes back to being a mediocre set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xfa View Post
    Then you realize you can't FB Flurry IL combo and it goes back to being a mediocre set.
    I am not sure about that.
    Depending on how it is encoded.
    They reworked the spec a few months ago to avoid buffs munching each other.
    It's just a guess, but i think you still can FB-> flurry-> IL with the 4P applied on the IL.

But you are right.
    If FB is buffed and not the IL, it is not as good as it could.

You either lose a guaranteed crit on FB while reducing IV or 75% of IL damage. They added the "or" intentionally.

The Crit Damage buff is only for 14 Seconds so the 2 set and relics are extremely bad. And Gloves could be good and you certainly will get more combustions but you will not have any PF stacks ready. I hope they increase the buff to 25% that seems like a good number.

- - - Updated - - -

Feelcrafting like a pro I see.

4P gives us 6% after the nerf (before the nerf it was 22%)
    Last edited by Karon; 2017-09-21 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    your part with the missing pf charges is false. you still want to keep just 1 pf on cd outside of combust. even if you use all 3 during combust, normally they will recharge till the next combust (-> after 1min). and due to the fact, that u use them inside of combust, u still get full value out of the gloves.

what some people seem to think is, that u need to use pf on cd to reduce the current combust cooldown. but if u keep always 2 charges rdy for the next combust, u´ll reduce the cd of the combust afterwards. u get my point?

New 4 set sims 3% but nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Feelcrafting like a pro I see.

4P gives us 6% after the nerf (before the nerf it was 22%)

You either royally fucked up your sims or you are flat out lying.

The actual buff is 6% Damage for 14 seconds, but your "sims" are saying its a DPS gain of 6%.

Unless they decreased combustion CD to 14 seconds you are straight up lying/wrong.

I hope you can see how stupid your comment was.

Did you also account for the increased ignite that follows the combustion? Do you add the 12% to the crit damage or do you multiply? (oh wait, you already admitted that you add it)

If I had to chose to trust either Frosted, a theorycrafter who knows his shit, or some random being with a loud mouth I know who I'd put my money on.
    Last edited by Karon; 2017-09-21 at 11:23 AM.

Did you also account for the increased ignite that follows the combustion? Do you add the 12% to the crit damage or do you multiply? (oh wait, you already admitted that you add it)

If I had to chose to trust either Frosted, a theorycrafter who knows his shit, or some random being with a loud mouth I know who I'd put my money on.
    Buddy, I dont care who you trust. You are simply stupid if you think a 12% crit damage buff for 14 seconds equals 6% overall increase. And Frosted probably calculated the increase in DPS during combustion not overall increase but as we established you are quite dumb.

Also the points you made about crit damage and ignite just shows how completely unknown fire mage is to you.
    Last edited by xfa; 2017-09-21 at 02:05 PM.

Buddy, I dont care who you trust. You are simply stupid if you think a 12% crit damage buff for 14 seconds equals 6% overall increase. And Frosted probably calculated the increase in DPS during combustion not overall increase but as we established you are quite dumb.

Also the points you made about crit damage and ignite just shows how completely unknown fire mage is to you.
    yeah sure buddy. You've already admitted that you know nothing about basic math so yeah.

You either lose a guaranteed crit on FB while reducing IV or 75% of IL damage. They added the "or" intentionally.
    Won't that make GS the go to talent then as you usually save the BF after 3 icicles for the Spike.
    So at most, the set will only buff FB if you proc on the first or second cast

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah sure buddy. You've already admitted that you know nothing about basic math so yeah.
    You guys need to calm down a bit and stop with the back and forth verbal attacks. The exact DPS gain from the nerfed set-bonus hasn't been reliably simmed out anywhere and the exact math behind how it's coded is something we can't test yet, so everyone just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Won't that make GS the go to talent then as you usually save the BF after 3 icicles for the Spike.
    So at most, the set will only buff FB if you proc on the first or second cast
    I think the set bonuses and stats on Antorus gear looked to be pushing towards GS as the go-to talent already.
    BfA Beta Time

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile you don't provide anything at all smh

frosted say frost we do lul

Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus Name changed from "Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus - Combustion Increases Crit Damage" to "Item - Mage T21 Fire 4P Bonus". Combustion also increases your critical strike damage by 12% for 14 sec.

Givens: Relics that lengthen the duration of combustion do not interact/synergize with this set bonus because the length of the effect is fixed at 14 sec. So forget the relics.

?: What are people seeing real world in raids etc for the average net reduction of CD for Combustion with gloves+kindling?

Right now with typical belt+wrist legs and meteor, this is a 12% increase in damage for a 14 second window every 90 seconds= 14/90x.12 = a 12% dps buff for roughly 15% of our damage over time = 1.86% roughly

using actually logs compiled, I did about 19-20% of total dmg output during combustion meaning this 19-20%x12%= +2.3% buff

to factor in any gain from kindling you need to remove the meteor dmg, which is like 4% for me so even assuming kindling+gloves is a whopping 6% gain in addition to the base, the net effect is like 2% after you deduct meteor meaning a total dmg affect of the new T4 fire T21 of less than 5%.

Yah no way the buff stays that low on release.

At 25%+ critical dmg during combustion, it would be in line with other set bonuses historically speaking so that is my prediction.

You must actually be the most stupid person I have ever met if you think you are bringing solid math to the table. I was kind of annoyed by you but now I am straight up sad. No person should live life being that stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    Meanwhile you don't provide anything at all smh

frosted say frost we do lul
    He doesnt need to bring anything. He stated a 14 second crit damage buff equals a 6% overall damage buff. Not a chance in hell anyone with any shred of intelligence posts that.

You overestimated the set heavily. Its Critical Damage not overall Damage.

Assuming you do 50% of your total Damage during the 14 second window of combustion (you do way less but I will say 50% to show how bad the set is) that means the set increased your overall DPS by 3%. Usually sets add 7-9% of DPS.

TLDR the set is awful now.
    you do realize that during combustion we have 100% critical chance right? so this means during combust its 12% more damage.... right?

Just remember, AFTER the numbers were all known before ToS released, everyone thought fire was going to be the shittiest spec in the game, mainly because single target DPS sims are largely meaningless to practical figures in a raid. Movement and cleave heavily affect dps. It's one of those things you don't really believe, but its true anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    you do realize that during combustion we have 100% critical chance right? so this means during combust its 12% more damage.... right?
    Yeah 12% during comb. You would need 50% buff uptime to sim it at 6%.

Anyway, good change, pre-nerf bonus was ridiculous.