Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    for all you know they will announce a new expansion at blizzcon and they won't gate flying an we'll be flying between flying islands on our new airships. Do I think that's likely? no, but you never know...
    Sure, it's possible. But keep in mind the people I'm referring to have been some of the strongest supporters of Blizzard's No-Flying position. Some of these people, if they follow their own arguments, would be the MOST disappointed about an expansion that was built around flight and airships. That's why I said it seems like they're "inordinately excited".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Meh, their "stance" and "treatment" of flying was done away with in WoD. The Legion model is the model moving forward. As someone inherently pro-flying, I'll take that.

    And I'll also take them designing mounts based on what they want to make, rather than taking care to not offend people whom somehow came to expect being able to fly in new patch areas added beyond the release zones. These 2 ships are amazing, and I'll use them across several characters in flying zones as well as grounded ones.
    Given what I've seen of how Blizzard treats flying, these mounts come across as more hype for the following carrot. It's exactly the same thing they did with the Pre-order mount for WoD, and later on Pathfinder: Building up and suggesting that flying will be a thing, followed by only the most technical, bare-minimum fulfillment of making flight interesting or useful.

    But go ahead and get excited if you want to. I'm not here telling anyone how to play. I'm just expressing my opinion on the subject, the same as anyone else.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  2. #102
    Do you get both factions of the mounts or do you have to choose, is it both for one ticket ?

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Again if you have a source then I'll gladly accept it.

    If you want to throw pointless insults because someone said an event is a yearly tradition then I won't bother with you from this point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They are in the game right now. You get these mounts when you get the ticket.
    Thank you for the confirmation.

  4. #104
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Do you get both factions of the mounts or do you have to choose, is it both for one ticket ?
    You get both in the virtual ticket.

    I have only bought 1 mount in the shop before and I've never bought the virtual ticket before, but the moment I saw the alliance mini airship I just had to get it. It looks so fucking cool. The horde one is cool as well, but the alliance one...

    Kinda bummed though as All my 110s are horde on a server I like while my alliance characters are all lvl 100 on a server I don't like as much :/
    Last edited by nalle; 2017-09-13 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  5. #105
    Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz

    Softbottom <Game Over>
    Proudmoore

  6. #106
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz
    They "fly" on the ground if that makes you feel better about it (not meant as an insult, just a fun poke).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  7. #107
    Pandaren Monk Balager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Yet we can fly them in every other zone, except what 8 zones. Nice try though.
    Oh come on. You know there will be a shitstorm about flying again. 8.0 could have 20 new zones with flying from the beginning and 1 zone with no flying and people would still loose their mind.

  8. #108
    Herald of the Titans Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz
    Or maybe it could be the ONLY mounts that can fly everywhere! Pay us 40 bucks and you can fly on Argus!

  9. #109
    those mounts are badass, i havent played wow in a while but i seriously wanted to buy them.
    that ZAH-pellin, my god
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    WoD: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)

    Virtual Ticket: Buy this thing and we'll throw in a flying mount! (people got excited for a new flying mount)


    Don't get me completely wrong here: I understand that it's a unique bonus thing that's completely extra and in-addition to what you're actually paying for(the virtual ticket). I get that people like to collect mounts. I just think that, given Blizzard's stance and treatment of flight, it's strange that they're still using flying mounts as a bonus, and that people are getting inordinately excited about it.

    You disagree. I guess that's all there really is to say about it. /shrug
    Guess what, you can fly in those *GASP* flying mounts that they are offering with the virtual ticket! Who woulda thought!?!?!?!?!?!

    Also guess what, you can still *GASP* USE those mounts in non-flying enabled zones! Who woulda thought!?!?!?!?!?!

    Seriously, you and your cronies constantly complaining about Blizzard and this game need to just stop and move on with your lives. This is a cool mount regardless of flying.
    Flaks - My Pally
    Keep Flight OUT of Current Content. You want to fly on Argus? hahahahahahahaha
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    Leftism/Antifa is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz
    B-b-b-butttt....u kin still fly in da old zones! TROLOLOLOL!!!!!! /sarcasm

    It is kind of a headscratcher. Sometimes I can't tell if Blizzard is a genius at marketing, or just completely oblivious.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Buy this flying mount that you can't fly with for the next 18 months!!!! GG blizz
    This just in!: Flying mounts also serve as ground mounts!

    More at 11.
    Flaks - My Pally
    Keep Flight OUT of Current Content. You want to fly on Argus? hahahahahahahaha
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    Leftism/Antifa is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Guess what, you can fly in those *GASP* flying mounts that they are offering with the virtual ticket! Who woulda thought!?!?!?!?!?!

    Also guess what, you can still *GASP* USE those mounts in non-flying enabled zones! Who woulda thought!?!?!?!?!?!

    Seriously, you and your cronies constantly complaining about Blizzard and this game need to just stop and move on with your lives. This is a cool mount regardless of flying.
    Holy shit man, I WISH I had cronies. Then I wouldn't have to deal with some of these posts personally.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    can use blizz balance and just trade a little bit of gold for it
    Shh don't tell people this. Things like this is what makes token costs skyrocket cause people can't help themselves.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Holy shit man, I WISH I had cronies. Then I wouldn't have to deal with some of these posts personally.
    It just gets old and tiring to constantly read your diatribe and useless drivel being posted every day. You are just starting to sound like an echo chamber for yourself and those who agree with you, especially regarding the whole "no-flight! whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa whaaaaaa" posts.
    Flaks - My Pally
    Keep Flight OUT of Current Content. You want to fly on Argus? hahahahahahahaha
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    Leftism/Antifa is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This just in!: Flying mounts also serve as ground mounts!

    More at 11.
    On a more serious note: Given their stance and general attitude towards flying, why didn't they just make unique ground mounts for the bonus then? It just seems very contradictory and hypocritical for Blizzard to consistently and persistently talk about how little the want flying in the game, but then turn around and offer what is obviously meant to be a flying mount as a bonus.

    I really wish they'd make up their minds.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  17. #117
    Well if there was ever anything to get me to buy a ticket it would be these mounts...just depends on if I can comfortably blow the 40 dollars when the time comes around.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It just gets old and tiring to constantly read your diatribe and useless drivel being posted every day. You are just starting to sound like an echo chamber for yourself and those who agree with you, especially regarding the whole "no-flight! whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaa whaaaaaa" posts.
    And it just gets old and tiring to constantly read people glossing over and ignoring obvious flaws and contradictions, "Because Blizzard". If you don't like it, don't read it.
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    On a more serious note: Given their stance and general attitude towards flying, why didn't they just make unique ground mounts for the bonus then? It just seems very contradictory and hypocritical for Blizzard to consistently and persistently talk about how little the want flying in the game, but then turn around and offer what is obviously meant to be a flying mount as a bonus.

    I really wish they'd make up their minds.
    Because there are flight enabled zones in the game.

    Any more theories?
    Flaks - My Pally
    Keep Flight OUT of Current Content. You want to fly on Argus? hahahahahahahaha
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    Leftism/Antifa is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

  20. #120
    The Insane Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Retail World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Posts
    15,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because there are flight enabled zones in the game.

    Any more theories?
    Exactly.

    They HAVE made up their minds, the Legion model for flying is the way going forward. The issue is that the pro-flying zealots don't like the decision that's been made.

    Blizzard will keep making ground AND flying mounts, because flying is still a part of the game. We were never able to fly in new zones added after an expansion had released anyway. And before some smartass comes along: No, Tanaan Jungle was opened as a final patch area, it was not a new island added.
    MMO Champion is not so much a fan forum as it is a forum where jaded people lacking in self-control congregate in order to shit over an entirely optional product and those daring to actually enjoy said product.

    Haters gonna hate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •