Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah shame on Blizzard. Just like Shame on Ferrarri for making their cars be so expensive and forcing me into buying them. Oh wait
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Blizzcon wasn't made for you then. Everyone else interested will support it.
    Ah right. Everyone you don't agree with is shitposting. Everyone you do agree with is in the right.

Glad to see there's no bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    in venezuela you could literally buy an entire neighborhood (people included) with 40USD
    How much for the whole country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Ah right. Everyone you don't agree with is shitposting. Everyone you do agree with is in the right.

Glad to see there's no bias.
    These types of sales aren't new. You see them in music concerts, theme parks, film festivals, premieres, pop culture conventions, loot crates, pre-orders, in-game events, and real time outdoor events (such as Pokemon's). People who are genuinely interested save up for these exclusive items (e.g. the murloc pet in every BlizzCon).

You say you don't care and you're not interested in buying it, fine. But you associate yourself with someone who wants said items but doesn't want them (because they're bundled). Nothing is free, you pay for the base game, permission and features. All these bundled items are just bonuses for those who attend or support outside events; they're not tailored to the passerby.

It's not shitposting because I disagree. It's shitposting because it's a pre-planned, obvious promotion that happens with any franchise of any media platform, and you're bitter because it's not free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    Robbery? $39.99 for a mount?? Did you not see the main page that explains what you get for $39.99 USD? Maybe take another scroll through the page. https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/tickets/virtual

$20 per day for video and replay access to all stages? Has a mobile app with streaming, web streaming, all the conference stuff they are putting on, pre-show videos, esports streams, the two in-game mounts and whatever other stuff they bundled into the virtual ticket. Actually $20 USD per day for all of that sounds kinda cheap to me.
    Because it is cheap. I mean thousands of people paid about $100 for the recent McGregor v Mayweather fight to get that on pay-per-view, and they didn't even get extra goodies for it.

- - - Updated - - -

These types of sales aren't new. You see them in music concerts, theme parks, film festivals, premieres, pop culture conventions, loot crates, pre-orders, in-game events, and real time outdoor events (such as Pokemon's). People who are genuinely interested save up for these exclusive items (e.g. the murloc pet in every BlizzCon).

You say you don't care and you're not interested in buying it, fine. But you associate yourself with someone who wants said items but doesn't want them (because they're bundled). Nothing is free, you pay for the base game, permission and features. All these bundled items are just bonuses for those who attend or support outside events; they're not tailored to the passerby.

It's not shitposting because I disagree. It's shitposting because it's a pre-planned, obvious promotion that happens with any franchise of any media platform, and you're bitter because it's not free.
    Exactly this. This is not just Blizzard, it's like almost everything in this capitalistic society when it comes to entertainment. It's like complaining about people paying extra for the Collector's Editions of games that give you extra things like OST music, art books, and in-game extras.

It's called "optional" for a reason.

Good lord the amount of things people try to actively grieve about in life is almost astounding.

And no, this is not me being a Blizzard fanboy considering how I've never purchased the BlizzCon virtual tickets like, ever. It's just common sense that extra things are extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I never saw the point in buying a "virtual" ticket. It's one thing to actually be *at* a convention and get the experience... its another thing to be watching glorified powerpoint presentations over the internet.

All the relevant info for me will be repeated almost immediately here and elsewhere anyways.
    Does that mean you've never watched a sporting event on T.V in your entire life cause you can just go to espn.com after it's finished to get all the "relevant info"?

10+ Year Old Account
    So if something is pre-planned, anyone who expresses anything other than support is shitposting? What?

Theres arguments on both sides and there's shitposting on both sides. You can't callout one side for doing it, then remain perfectly oblivious for those who do it on your side.

Not everything needs to be praised, nor by everyone. If Blizzard released a new patch tomorrow that was completely amazing, someone has every right to voice their dislikes. That's not shitposting. It's putting your opinion out there on a product you pay for.

You want to know what is shitposting? These people who come into any thread where someone states a dislike, then whine that "everyone complains about everything". They don't contribute anything to the actual topic. Every single topic has one of those, even if the OP has mostly good things to say.

Shitposting is something that takes away from a forum's purpose, generally with useless replies that don't further the discussion at hand.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cry on you poor people, your tears fuel my fucking airship.

they want you to buy 2 flying mount you would not be able tu use in argus lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they want you to buy 2 flying mount you would not be able tu use in argus lol
    Meh, you can still use them there and fly anywhere else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It specifically says stages, and the stuff I'm talking about(that wasn't on VT previous years) wasn't on a stage, it was at one of their smaller panels.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that the "all stages" stress means that it will include more things like this. I like the art panels and stuff but haven't gotten to see them in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You're not strong, you're probably just poor.
    I'm quite rich, especially because I don't waste money on crude things.

Yeah, kinda sucks, it's a sweet mount. I'm tempted to buy it but it'd literally be the only thing I'd want from it; I wouldn't even watch any of the blizzcon shit so it's hard to justify. Might just use gold to buy tokens, turn them into a balance, and buy the mount that way I guess.

EDIT: the goodie bags are really stupid, though? Collectible backpack hangers? Are you fucking serious? That is some of the stupidest shit I've seen.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-09-14 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And my dad works for Blizzard (and how is the virtual ticket crude? all that money couldn't buy you a better vocabulary?
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/crude

A mount in WoW.

Shit in Diablo 3.
    Shit in Overwatch.
    Shit in HoTS.
    Shit in Hearthstone
    Shit StarCraft II

And Virtual viewing of the biggest Blizzard event which gives you access to more viewing information than if you were there in person (Sure being there in person is better, but if all you care about is information, virtual viewing is better.)

Its not just for the WoW mount. Its for A LOT more, shit.

Ok, so now you learned what crude means. Care to explain how blizzcon is unfinished,or undeveloped, or completeness?

Or hell even the mounts for that matter. How are they crude?
    Why are you angry at me because I find the mounts to be crude and ugly?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/de.../comprehension
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-09-14 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its for the virtual ticket, not the mount. The price has been this way for years though. Nothing to discuss really.
    Its overpriced but if you are just reacting to it now you aren't very astute.
    Paying $40 for an advertisement? In what world does that makes sense? Literally 3 - 4x the cost of going to the movies.

Like I said, with all that supposed money one would think you could afford to learn a better vocabulary.

Maybe edit your post and try on one of these for size: absurd, hollow, inconsequential, insignificant.
    So you're angry my money didn't buy me a better vocabulary?

Talk about petty things

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Paying $40 for an advertisement? In what world does that makes sense? Literally 3 - 4x the cost of going to the movies.
    And yet, Blizzcon is a ton more entertaining than most movies for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    What goodies for their other games?

I looked at the ticket contents on the Blizzard website. You get jack shit apart from the mount and the ability to watch streams. Ooo only Blizzard makes you pay through the nose for twitch/youtube.

If you despise or resent Blizzard the way you obviously do based on your comments, why the hell would you watch and or support them anyway?
    I'm amazed how people bitch about something but don't have the will power to just walk away. Maybe they just like bitching.