Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Free? Sure, if you forget the $15/$20 a month.
    You get access to game servers for that money. Certainly, prepaid services aren't a new concept for people, right?

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    "Patch 7.2 is the biggest content patch ever created by Blizzard" bwahahahahahahaha thanks for a good laugh guys, yeah, alongside with 6.1, aha

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's only 40 bucks for both the ticket and a cool looking mount. Better deal than with the Murlock pets in the past.

Either you want the mount and pay or you dont. Crying about it is not a valid option.
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    Well met!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    Its not about whats fair. Blizzard did the calculations and this was the most profitable combination, or they wouldve gone a different route.

It will sell and it will sell a lot.
    I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You get access to game servers for that money.
    If that's all we were entitled to, Blizzard would've been dead a long time ago. By that logic, we're lucky they give us patches for free.

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    Yeah, 2 mounts is totally the equivalent of an entire expansion! Here, let me sell you a common rock for $39. After all, $39 isn't a lot!

Blizzcon is my favorite stream of the year. I like the mount, but that's not the reason why I bought the ticket. I would have bought it regardless of ingame items.
    Mother pus bucket!

Scarab Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    Of course. If you can bleed something dry, why not go for it? That doesn't mean it's consumer-friendly, though.
    Looks like the average American spends $2827/year on entertainment. That's more than enough to cover $40 for a virtual convention, if that's what they're in to. Who gets to tell someone else how to spend their entertainment $$$? We may or may not feel it's good value, but each of us gets to decide for ourselves.

Source: https://www.creditloan.com/blog/aver...entertainment/

Yeah, 2 mounts is totally the equivalent of an entire expansion! Here, let me sell you a common rock for $39. After all, $39 isn't a lot!
    Free market. If people are willing to buy common rocks for $39, you're very welcome to sell them for $39.

And yes, $39 is not any serious sum of money by any means in 2017. You know, the age when fucking cellphone costs $999. You can literally wipe your ass with $40, and you won't even notice this "huge" sum of money missing.
    "Patch 7.2 is the biggest content patch ever created by Blizzard" bwahahahahahahaha thanks for a good laugh guys, yeah, alongside with 6.1, aha

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Looks like the average American spends $2827/year on entertainment. That's more than enough to cover $40 for a virtual convention, if that's what they're in to. Who gets to tell someone else how to spend their entertainment $$$? We may or may not feel it's good value, but each of us gets to decide for ourselves.

https://content.creditloan.com/wp-co...-americans.png
    Source: https://www.creditloan.com/blog/aver...entertainment/
    You're right, but why stop at $40?! They should charge $1000 per ticket. As long as someone out there find it worth it, then none of us can call it overpriced.

On a serious note, if people want to buy it, more power to them. I'm not saying that they can't. I am saying that Blizzard has the habit of overpricing anything they can, however.

If $40 is an entire months wage (lol, like fuck it is), then why would you spend more than 25% of that same monthly wage to play WoW?

OP is ever so slightly hyperbolic about a price that hasn't changed since Obama's first term.

Really find something else to nerd rage over ffs /facepalm

They offer a package for a price. It is your right as a customer to choose to buy or not to buy. Where was your problem again?

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    If you feel the need to buy something you don't need to live you should seek professional help.

"I've made mine worse..."

Sure, but I bet if you make 30 euros/hour of your work, you won't cry that evul bluzzurd rips off so much of ur munehs.

Not only that, but somehow I am quite sure OP is from US region, and gold cost of token is ridiculously low there compared to other regions as well.
    Honestly...at this point I see the usual suspects immediately creating a complaint thread about anything that gets implemented in the game. I almost wonder if some competitor pays them to do it.

...and ofc I think if anyone cannot afford 15$ sub fee, they have more serious problems in life than a computer game....

You can literally wipe your ass with $40, and you won't even notice this "huge" sum of money missing.
    You keep saying this, but I can't recall ever saying that $40 was a huge sum... Hmm... Point that out for me, please.

It's not breaking anyone's bank, but not everyone is going to throw away their money willy nilly.

You're right, but why stop at $40?! They should charge $1000 per ticket. As long as someone out there find it worth it, then none of us can call it overpriced.

On a serious note, if people want to buy it, more power to them. I'm not saying that they can't. I am saying that Blizzard has the habit of overpricing anything they can, however.
    Quick scan online tells me AnimeCons run $35-50, while Comic Con is $220.

- - - Updated - - -

Pay per View runs $45 on average.

This obvious TROLL (yes infract me, i don't care) thread is still open? I cuold understand if this was talking about mounts, but is talking about a price that has been the same for YEARS. This shuold be closed now.

And to the OP just to be "constructive": i am one of those who never ever bought a ticket because i well know i cuold watch the same things after few hours and nothing interesting was added to the ticket. Now that they add something i care, i will probably buy it. Think about music: maybe your favorite band makes a new album, but you say "Meh, in a few days i will be able to download it for free" But this time, this albums comes with a special edition, with a video or whatever, FOR THE SAME PRICE. Maybe the same guy this time will actually buy it. What's wrong with this? Companies just make stuff like this every damn day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Life hack: Unsub for 6 months and come back when you think the game is fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Actually you get 2 mounts, that you can use on the same faction, that alone is a better deal than the 25 dollar mounts on the Blizzard Shop, then you get to livestream blizzcon, and literally see everything you would see if you were there in person. It's actually a very good deal.

You get access to game servers for that money. Certainly, prepaid services aren't a new concept for people, right?

3 beers in a pub in St. Tropez maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    Actually you get 2 mounts, that you can use on the same faction, that alone is a better deal than the 25 dollar mounts on the Blizzard Shop, then you get to livestream blizzcon, and literally see everything you would see if you were there in person. It's actually a very good deal.
    You can't use both mounts "on the same faction". In fact, they are faction locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer
    he wants to play ele shaman but it's always fucked up, so it's a state of permanently insulted, i understand that feeling as an ele shaman.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Quick scan online tells me AnimeCons run $35-50, while Comic Con is $220.
    I don't recall either of those giving WoW mounts, but I'll update you after I wake up and give it a good thought or two.

But that's precisely the point, there's no mount from those. I look at those and I only see tickets, which isn't what I'm debating. Neither one of those are withholding mounts from me.

And CC has virtual tickets priced at $220?

I don't recall either of those giving WoW mounts, but I'll update you after I wake up and give it a good thought or two.

But that's precisely the point, there's no mount from those. I look at those and I only see tickets, which isn't what I'm debating. Neither one of those are withholding mounts from me.
    GamesCom is like 20€, but I guess Americans like to pay for over sized meals and over priced things in general.

It's like the new iPhone with a $1000++ price tag, only compatible to other Apple products, etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer
    he wants to play ele shaman but it's always fucked up, so it's a state of permanently insulted, i understand that feeling as an ele shaman.
    <3

The point is the cost for Blizzcon is not unusual; it's actually very typical. The mounts are meant to be a bonus for the event. Those other events may offer some kind of perks as well, probably chosen with their market in mind.