Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This obvious TROLL (yes infract me, i don't care) thread is still open? I cuold understand if this was talking about mounts, but is talking about a price that has been the same for YEARS. This shuold be closed now.

And to the OP just to be "constructive": i am one of those who never ever bought a ticket because i well know i cuold watch the same things after few hours and nothing interesting was added to the ticket. Now that they add something i care, i will probably buy it. Think about music: maybe your favorite band makes a new album, but you say "Meh, in a few days i will be able to download it for free" But this time, this albums comes with a special edition, with a video or whatever, FOR THE SAME PRICE. Maybe the same guy this time will actually buy it. What's wrong with this? Companies just make stuff like this every damn day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Actually you get 2 mounts, that you can use on the same faction, that alone is a better deal than the 25 dollar mounts on the Blizzard Shop, then you get to livestream blizzcon, and literally see everything you would see if you were there in person. It's actually a very good deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You get access to game servers for that money. Certainly, prepaid services aren't a new concept for people, right?

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    3 beers in a pub in St. Tropez maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    Actually you get 2 mounts, that you can use on the same faction, that alone is a better deal than the 25 dollar mounts on the Blizzard Shop, then you get to livestream blizzcon, and literally see everything you would see if you were there in person. It's actually a very good deal.
    You can't use both mounts "on the same faction". In fact, they are faction locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Quick scan online tells me AnimeCons run $35-50, while Comic Con is $220.
    I don't recall either of those giving WoW mounts, but I'll update you after I wake up and give it a good thought or two.

But that's precisely the point, there's no mount from those. I look at those and I only see tickets, which isn't what I'm debating. Neither one of those are withholding mounts from me.

And CC has virtual tickets priced at $220?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I don't recall either of those giving WoW mounts, but I'll update you after I wake up and give it a good thought or two.

But that's precisely the point, there's no mount from those. I look at those and I only see tickets, which isn't what I'm debating. Neither one of those are withholding mounts from me.
    GamesCom is like 20€, but I guess Americans like to pay for over sized meals and over priced things in general.

It's like the new iPhone with a $1000++ price tag, only compatible to other Apple products, etc etc

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The point is the cost for Blizzcon is not unusual; it's actually very typical. The mounts are meant to be a bonus for the event. Those other events may offer some kind of perks as well, probably chosen with their market in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mounts are meant to be a bonus for the event.
    Except for many, they aren't. There are a number of people who aren't interested in Blizzcon, but buy the ticket for the goodies.

For some, this is a mount bundle priced at $40 with no alternative.

Except for many, they aren't. There are a number of people who aren't interested in Blizzcon, but buy the ticket for the goodies.

The alternative is always not buying it. The mount itself is not for sale, it's an incentive/bonus for those purchasing the Virtual Ticket, or actual tickets.
    Even if it was sold separately, it would be 25$ like other store mounts, and if 40$ is like 1000 to you, 25 is probably out of your league as well.

Want the mount? Pay the price. Don't want the mount? Do nothing.

I'm quite sure you have to pay more than 40$ to get boosted in Arena for the season's reward mount.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Then those players will have to decide whether they want those particular pixels enough to shell out $40 (or the gold equivalent). Kind of like families every day all over the country deciding whether they want to spend money on a night at the movies.

Is this just about you wanting this particular mount and not having $40? Maybe you're not working atm? No shame in that, but you still have time. Take your next day off, even on a weekend, and show up bright and early at Labor Ready. One day's wages will be more than $40. Problem solved!

Deleted

Exactly this.

I bought all my virtual tickets just because of the mounts/pets. There's nothing interesting in the stream, especially if all information is available instantly on the Internet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

Sounds like a you problem tbh. Please seek help.

Deleted

And the problem is? Sorry i literally can't see it. If someone always buy the ticket for the goodies, and you get more goodies, good for them? Really i can't see the problem i just can't. If you want them you pay them, if you can't you don't.

And by the way, isn't the price good for two mount? How much a single mount cost in shop?

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Do you get both mounts? or do you have to choose?
    Both, and they can carry a passenger.

Their special animation is firing their cannons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    The alternative is always not buying it. The mount itself is not for sale, it's an incentive/bonus for those purchasing the Virtual Ticket, or actual tickets.
    Even if it was sold separately, it would be 25$ like other store mounts, and if 40$ is like 1000 to you, 25 is probably out of your league as well.

Want the mount? Pay the price. Don't want the mount? Do nothing.

I'm quite sure you have to pay more than 40$ to get boosted in Arena for the season's reward mount.
    That's not an alternative on how to obtain it. That's the alternative to get it or not. You know the difference, don't play dumb. And when did I say $40 is 1000 to me? I suggest reading that post again and applying common sense. It was simply a very exaggerated number.

And mentioning boosting?... Oh, you mean the thing you can do legitimately in-game for a prestigious mount? Don't even pretend like that's the same thing, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I agree. They're once again forcing players into uncomfortable decisions.

Very Blizzlike.
    Ah yes indeed. They are putting you on the spot shouting "We force upon you this virtual ticket! You shall not be as cool as other players if you don't own these mounts! We don't care you own 300 mounts in game already, you NEED THIS ONE TOO, because you will feel weak if you don't! BUY. IT. NOW!"

Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Ah yes indeed. They are putting you on the spot shouting "We force upon you this virtual ticket! You shall not be as cool as other players if you don't own these mounts! We don't care you own 300 mounts in game already, you NEED THIS ONE TOO, because you will feel weak if you don't! BUY. IT. NOW!"

Totally.
    It's a bloody spaceship. We both know people like you will buy it without a second thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then those players will have to decide whether they want those particular pixels enough to shell out $40 (or the gold equivalent). Kind of like families every day all over the country deciding whether they want to spend money on a night at the movies.
    Yeah, it's almost as if I said that if they want to buy them, more power to them.

Is this just about you wanting this particular mount and not having $40? Maybe you're not working atm? No shame in that, but you still have time. Take your next day off, even on a weekend, and show up bright and early at Labor Ready. One day's wages will be more than $40. Problem solved!
    Not even clever enough to come up with your own condescending insult. Kinda sad, tbh. Piggybacking of leet like that. You tried and I noticed, don't worry. I mean, you said you weren't buying it either, so I guess we can be poor together. Because that's the only reason people don't buy these mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Both, and they can carry a passenger.

Their special animation is firing their cannons.
    DAYM,

Kinda need to buy a ticket this year :I

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I love how people overreact as soon as something cool is tied to a digital good. You pay for the virtual ticket and you get in-game goodies in all of the Blizz franchises. This year it so happened that they decided to add something a lot cooler than murlocs and everyone suddenly realized the virtual tickets existed and cost money. Well, I have been buying the virtual ticket for the past few years and I would have bought it this year as well regardless of what the in-game stuff was.

Oh and I live in Bulgaria and I can still afford to buy it so I really don't understand all the herp-derp coming from people whose living standards are a lot higher than mine. Eat one dinner at home instead of a restaurant and get a virtual ticket - problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's a bloody spaceship. We both know people like you will buy it without a second thought.
    Its acutally quit good saleasmanship. Never bothred with blizzcon but now i might cuz DAYM.

Thats cool mounts