Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Antorus Trinkets junk for MM Hunter?

Looking them over on AMR, they're all ranked well below any of the good trinkets from ToS or CoF.

Reading the descriptions, none of the procs on the Antorus trinkets look promising either.

Is there something I'm overlooking or are any of them likely to be better than they appear at first glance?

Pretty sure all the trinkets for non Int users are garbage.

Welcome to Legion. Warlocks basically didn't get anything from ToS either (Owl maybe for pure ST) and have been using Arcano (world boss) and Whispers (NH) as their BiS for forever now. That's just how the Titanforge system works out, you can't keep one-upping trinkets every tier and make them ludicrously powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Welcome to Legion. Warlocks basically didn't get anything from ToS either (Owl maybe for pure ST) and have been using Arcano (world boss) and Whispers (NH) as their BiS for forever now. That's just how the Titanforge system works out, you can't keep one-upping trinkets every tier and make them ludicrously powerful.
    It's not about making trinkets be more and more powerful at same ilvl each tier, it's about making sure at same ilvl they are roughly the same, with the dps difference between each being A) different secondary stat gain(eg. Classes that don't want Mastery might not like Engine of Eradication or Owl) B) potential synergies with class abilities/passives(See CoF being wildly different gains for different classes, and of course Draught of Souls for Warriors, or Owl lining up with 2 minute CDs of a class, amplifying its effects greatly).

Issue here is with ToS trinkets, they are just BAD. For example my best stat as a BM Hunter is Crit, yet the Mistress trinket is fucking garbage tier, being 30-40k behind Engine of Eradication of the same iLvl.

That is the issue face, trinket balance is shit overall so you end up with 1-2 passable trinkets each tier, with the rest being horrible. For example in NH we had Skorpyron trinkets, Anomaly trinket, Krosus trinket and Tichondrius trinket being totally crap and not used by any class as their trinket of choice. Each role was left with a few choices; Melee: CoF, DoS, Foci. Caster: Metronome, Whispers, Fury(sometimes).

Deleted
    Our tier is quite shit too. I forsee running with CoF for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrain View Post
    Didn't they say that CoF and/or Nighthold trinkets in general will be nerfed in 7.3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Didn't they say that CoF and/or Nighthold trinkets in general will be nerfed in 7.3.5?
    Looking at how the new BM 4pc is pretty much CoF 2.0, I'd be surprised if they wanted us to play another tier with CoF. But actually... we had that with MM boots and CoF, so yea >.>

Quote Originally Posted by drgrain View Post
    Indeed, but it will be tweaked/changed no doubt, the bonuses are a bad joke atm. The 2p is only good for SW and the 4p bonus is less than 1% damage on single target...

They must have been smoking some wild stuff when they came up with those set bonuses.

If they arent changed then there will be no reason to go for more than 2p thats for sure, the stats are awful on anything other than the chest & cloak anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Alot of people keep saying this but I've yet to see a link for this made up information.

Deleted
    The "CoF will get nerfed" meme has been going on for like 6 months now and never has this been verified.

They made a generalized statement in the latest Q&A about the value of old tier bonuses etc., but made no promise whatsoever.

They really sucked at trinkets this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    The "CoF will get nerfed" meme has been going on for like 6 months now and never has this been verified.

They made a generalized statement in the latest Q&A about the value of old tier bonuses etc., but made no promise whatsoever.
    In one of the last PTR builds before the current patch, COF had it's proc rate cut in half. They reverted this change like, less than a week before the patch went live (which is why when you look at http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=225139/...ence#changelog , there's a change for 7.3, despite the trinket not actually being changed after all). The general consensus was that Blizzard probably didn't want to screw people relying on it for progress over mid-tier, especially as they may not have any viable trinkets to switch for it (after all, why would I take a 930 owl from someone that gets a huge gain from it, if my 920 convergence matches it in power?), so they decided to delay the nerf untill Antorus release.

Don't know about you but a confirmed event on PTR =/= a meme to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    they decided to delay the nerf untill Antorus release.
    Is that confirmed, though, or is that just speculation? For all we know they could have tried the nerf, seen people's reaction, and then decide to not nerf it at all. Now or for Antorus.

Deleted
    In one of the last PTR builds before the current patch, COF had it's proc rate cut in half. They reverted this change like, less than a week before the patch went live (which is why when you look at http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=225139/...ence#changelog , there's a change for 7.3, despite the trinket not actually being changed after all). The general consensus was that Blizzard probably didn't want to screw people relying on it for progress over mid-tier, especially as they may not have any viable trinkets to switch for it (after all, why would I take a 930 owl from someone that gets a huge gain from it, if my 920 convergence matches it in power?), so they decided to delay the nerf untill Antorus release.

Don't know about you but a confirmed event on PTR =/= a meme to me.
    Every PTR cycle contains numerous adjustments and changes that get reverted over time, it doesn't make them pending changes for the live changes just because they've been on the PTR before being scrapped.
    The decision to delay a supposed CoF nerf until Antorus is by no means documented or confirmed. It's a meme until it actually looks like it will hit the live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Is that confirmed, though, or is that just speculation? For all we know they could have tried the nerf, seen people's reaction, and then decide to not nerf it at all. Now or for Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Every PTR cycle contains numerous adjustments and changes that get reverted over time, it doesn't make them pending changes for the live changes just because they've been on the PTR before being scrapped.
    The decision to delay a supposed CoF nerf until Antorus is by no means documented or confirmed. It's a meme until it actually looks like it will hit the live servers.

You can believe it's speculation and a meme all you want. It surprised people that the nerf didn't come, because it was on PTR in the release candidate build and was changed (undocumented, of course) back to the status quo with no word. That's why, as just said, there's an update to the spell proc in 7.3, despite it not actually changing yet.

With that being said, this is what I was told by some of the theorycrafters that actually has a more direct line of communication with the devs back during the patch release; I trust that they probably have a better understanding of what is going on than most other people here. You don't have to, nor do you have to take my word for it, though. You are free to believe whatever you want.

You are free to believe whatever you want.
    There are many things going on in WoW development, and the left hand not quite knowing what the right is up to has been a common occurrence. Until there's official, public word from Blizz on the issue, everything is by definition speculation. It may be well-founded speculation, but it's still speculation. There's many arguments for them to go one way or the other with it. And I'm sure this would not be the first example of a change being imminent, only to end up never implemented at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It's not about making trinkets be more and more powerful at same ilvl each tier, it's about making sure at same ilvl they are roughly the same, with the dps difference between each being A) different secondary stat gain(eg. Classes that don't want Mastery might not like Engine of Eradication or Owl) B) potential synergies with class abilities/passives(See CoF being wildly different gains for different classes, and of course Draught of Souls for Warriors, or Owl lining up with 2 minute CDs of a class, amplifying its effects greatly).

Issue here is with ToS trinkets, they are just BAD. For example my best stat as a BM Hunter is Crit, yet the Mistress trinket is fucking garbage tier, being 30-40k behind Engine of Eradication of the same iLvl.

That is the issue face, trinket balance is shit overall so you end up with 1-2 passable trinkets each tier, with the rest being horrible. For example in NH we had Skorpyron trinkets, Anomaly trinket, Krosus trinket and Tichondrius trinket being totally crap and not used by any class as their trinket of choice. Each role was left with a few choices; Melee: CoF, DoS, Foci. Caster: Metronome, Whispers, Fury(sometimes).

It's also not so fun to get a 950 trinket in your weekly chest with extra stat and socket just to see that it's the fucking Murloc trinket out of Karazhan or the exploding squirrel thingy out of Violet Hold.

Annoying. These trinkets shouldn't exist or be tuned to actually work somehow.
    It doesn't matter what ilvl they are, they are simply inferor to others that are 50+ itemlevel lower. This is pretty much not the case with any other item slot in the game.
    Some do not even scale with ilvl at all... or little at best (CoF,trinkets that summon shit/minions etc.)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-09-21 at 06:41 PM.

I'm already running around with a Mythic WF Bloodthirsty Instinct ever since EN was the live raid tier and it seems like I'll have it equipped for the rest of Legion lol

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    Looking them over on AMR, they're all ranked well below any of the good trinkets from ToS or CoF.

Reading the descriptions, none of the procs on the Antorus trinkets look promising either.

Is there something I'm overlooking or are any of them likely to be better than they appear at first glance?
    Endgame trinkets that drop from Argus the Unmake were recently added to the PTR and they are OP. Check the Golganneth's Vitality.

7+ Year Old Account
    when will this raid be released did i miss that part.?
    looking foreward to it. end fight is going to be epic as hell
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”