Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fun fact - in a lot of countries (don't know about Canada law, but it is quite common in a lot of countries) this woman might actually get a lighter sentence for brutally and painfully murdering a newborn.
    Since mother murdering a newborn is considered to be less of a crime than a regular murder.

So she might be back fucking around and giving birth in a toilet in 4-5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Murder charges for a woman who just've given birth is a barbarity. In Europe, such things cannot happen.
    This wasn't in Europe.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...utors-say.html

How utterly despicable!
    What kind of person does this?

Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know? Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!

Severe brain damage likely....who knows what life awaits this poor baby.
    At least the baby will still be more intelligent than it's mother.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    so is that the criteria by which you value life? so with your logic, killing a human in a lifelong, persistent vegetative state shouldn't carry the same consequences as killing an "actual human" right?
    It shouldn't. They are for all intents and purposes dead already and with any medical knowledge you would know this.

Well I hope she remembered to wash her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I also don't understand how this happened as I actually WAS pregnant and I basically knew the morning after when I got out of bed and promptly fell down due to what I can only assume was my body's fatigue with whatever processes were happening at the time.

There are a ton of hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy. You feel different. It's not just the lack of periods and water retention and the constipation and the nausea and the weird food cravings. You have to have a truly exceptional pregnancy (few symptoms, baby that doesn't kick much/positioned so that you somehow don't feel it) + already be big + be super oblivious to your body's changes to not know.
    "As I actually WAS pregnant." Your anecdotal experiences are completely irrelevant.

Unless you work in the medical area you rarely see cases outside of yourself and the surrounding friends & family.

- - - Updated - - -

By @Fojos logic, if someone murdered a ward full of newly born babies, it's not as bad as us having baked chicken for dinner. One of the most unbelievable posts I've ever read.

@Celista, being the OffTopic legal expert, what do you make of this?

- - - Updated - - -

The law says otherwise. Human nature says otherwise. Are you living on a different planet?
    Well, that's because you work on moral principles (just look at your hysteria in any subject), not logical. Laws are based on moral, not logic or reason (if we followed logic, we would kill all babies with costly dysfunctions).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-09-17 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    It shouldn't. They are for all intents and purposes dead already and with any medical knowledge you would know this.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pers...ate#Definition

"Unlike brain death, PVS is recognised by statute law as death in very few legal systems"

how's that medical knowledge treating you?

- - - Updated - - -

"As I actually WAS pregnant." Your anecdotal experiences are completely irrelevant.

Unless you work in the medical area you rarely see cases outside of yourself and the surrounding friends & family.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's because you work on moral principles (just look at your hysteria in any subject), not logical. Laws are based on moral, not logic or reason (if we followed logic, we would kill all babies with costly dysfunctions).
    I don't think you understand what logic is. You seem to be confusing it with economic efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pers...ate#Definition

"Unlike brain death, PVS is recognised by statute law as death in very few legal systems"

how's that medical knowledge treating you?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand what logic is. You seem to be confusing it with economic efficiency.
    "By statute law." Again by moral law and not actual knowledge. You don't need to be completely brain dead to be effectively dead. You don't recover from PVS.

Economic efficiency is part of logic, there's never any logical choice in allowing parasites to live.

P.s. more and more places are starting to allow euthanasia in these cases and others because the laws are based around old ridiculous religious morals.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-09-17 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    should prosecute her for attempted murder!! what a fucking bitch!!

"By statute law." Again by moral law and not actual knowledge.
    This makes literally 0 sense.

Also, it is still logical to allow "parasites" to live if they are deemed to be life worth living, which in most places around the world they are. If the single goal of society was to advance both economically and technologically, as efficiently as possible and at the expense of morality and justice than you would be correct. But it's not, nowhere, except maybe in North Korea(?)

In the context of how most people in developed nations value the sanctity of human life, it is by definition logical to allow those people a chance to live. This is a different conversation than euthanasia, because euthanasia is primarily a question of whether a "parasite" would themselves want to continue living in their current state or not. Not whether they are worthy enough by society to continue living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Are you for real...?

It's pretty common knowledge that female babies are killed in China in preference for males... I am pretty sure you're aware of China's gender imbalance, due to this.
    How common though. Are you saying these moms are just killing their baby girls?

How common though. Are you saying these moms are just killing their baby girls?
    As a matter of fact, yes;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female...icide_in_China

Why do you think China's got such an imbalance of gender by 100m ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-17 at 08:00 PM.