Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    ToS was definitely a bit overtuned. The last 2 bosses are arguably the 2 hardest ever in WoW. Mistress and Maiden are also more difficult than a lot of end bosses, certainly more difficult than anything this expansion except Helya.
    Maiden isn't overly hard. If 1 person screws up it can easily wipe the group though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/

Is this an alltime low completion rate for a hardmode raid?

Only 60 guilds "fully" seeing content. Seems like quite the problem. Blizz needs to rethink tuning the game around Method/Exorsus.
    [laughs in Vanilla Naxxramas]
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Naxx might be fondly remember by people, but there's a reason why all newer rates had better completion rates and it's not "it was such an amazingly tuned place". Absurd tanking requirement, absurd consumables requirements, resistance gear, miniscule amount of loot. Hardly something we should strive for.

Deleted
    Helya only had some odd 30 - 35 guilds killing her pre nerf, but then again she was graced with a way longer time to achieve cutting edge than most end bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    The effort needed to clear mythic isn't worth what you get in return. You've already seen the content and downed the boss so you won't really experience anything new, and you can get the same quality gear from doing far easier and more relaxed content. The only thing you might get from clearing mythic is a different colored set which most people probably won't care about since they found their favorite transmog years ago, that and a mount or special mythic only phase, but that's probably not enough of a carrot for a lot of people.

So basically what you're doing it for is prestige and/or challenge, and there are a lot fewer people that care about that than those that care about gear. If there's an equal or better chance of you getting an upgrade from running m+ for 4 hours that's what you'll do, and get your set bonuses from heroic.
    Well yeah. I mean I am 6 deep in mythic and looking like, 7 on Saturday if progress goes as it did this Thursday, and I can honestly say the only gear I have gotten from it is tier pieces, a trinket, and a pair of relics. It isn't because I have been unlucky or something. It is because I have been doing a mythic+ top cache for a pretty long time now. Combined with mythic plus and I don't even slam them that hard. Maybe 5-6 a week done with random guild mates to maybe push a key / get it done with some friends and make sure I got the 15 before now 10. Then a couple heroic and normal pieces that just warforged / titan forged up combined with sockets and such.

For me, honestly, mythic is just where we go once other content is down it gives us something to just do for a 3-4 months after the other content is over in this expansion. In the past it was more about gearing out, getting BiS, bragging rights, and just in general enjoyment. Progress with purpose. But now, yeah, just something to kill the time because odds are I will get something better elsewhere before I push though and kill the boss. But there are a whole lot of people that bitch and bitch and bitch about it constantly. It is annoying. I mean you can see them all over this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Guilds stuck on Kil'jaeden: 192
    Guilds stuck on Avatar: 403
    Guilds stuck on Maiden: 449
    Guilds stuck on Mistress: 1168(a lot of those guilds are probably dead, or just casual guilds since the 1st 5 are a joke).

So yeah, Maiden is totally a freebie...
    Compared to Mistress, yeah Maiden is basically a freebie. You're more likely to get hung up reclearing Mistress and waste prog time on Maiden than have considerable issues with Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Compared to Mistress, yeah Maiden is basically a freebie. You're more likely to get hung up reclearing Mistress and waste prog time on Maiden than have considerable issues with Maiden.
    While I do agree Maiden is ridiculously easy, its also incredibly punishing, with some fun RNG where you land on a swirly after getting a bomb (one of the 3 guaranteed ones), but mostly the fact that its punishing, now while you can see from the stats 650-700 guilds have killed the boss, which is fairly solid, but ive heard anything from 20 to 200 pulls on this boss, so while for top guilds, this boss looked like a joke (we killed it the same night as mistress) most of it was just fixing a weak aura, and just ironing out the most obvious mistakes, and just get to the point where you have that one good pull and it falls over. While this probably goes for everyone the time it takes for a guild with quite a few bad players who just fuck up a bit too much, will also be exponentially higher, eventually they will get a decent pull, but I doubt its a really fun fight for pretty much any skill level, it doesnt pose as a challenge for good players, but unexpectedly annoying, and for bad players its just so god damn punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizuk View Post
    I don't know how you even got this number.
    KJ is harder than Gul'dan for sure with current nerfs and crucible is where it should be, kills should be doubled in 2 weeks or more .

About numbers, has been 79 days since Mythic TOS release , 27/06/2017 release.

79 days after Mythic Nighthold release ( 24/01/2017) was Thursday, 13 April 2017.

Checking wowprogress for numbers on 13th of April gives us the following results:

Apr 13, 2017 21:23 Bloodline +raid EU (DE)-Antonidas 135

So 135 guilds at this point, the new talents were out and guldan got like 20 kills since 10th or 11 April . The same thing will start happening with KJ .

Is 64 KJ vs 135 Gul'dan .

It has been summer and raiding activities probably diminished , there has been small breaks and non optimal setups on many guilds.

Chronomatic Anomaly had : 6983 Kills
    Harjatan : 4266 kills

Elisande: 435 kills
    Apr 13, 2017 22:11 Angels Wings +raid EU (FR)-Hyjal 435

Comparing current participation on Mythic , it was overtuned but i think is comparable now.
    The ratio between avatar and KJ is similiar to Elisande and Gul'dan .

Lets look at Kj numbers in two weeks, or 1 month for over 400+ kills.
    It was definitely overtuned compared to Gul'dan, we have a pretty shit setup for KJ but also had a shit setup for gul'dan(ranged heavy setup), Gul'dan we almost had dead by the time patch hit(2% wipe best try) and killed him right after the patch came out while KJ I think we had seen darkness phase once before this week, and crucible is 2 weeks later than 7.2 was. Gul'dan took us around 300 wipes while kj we already passed 500. The fight is not as easy to outgear either compared to gul'dan, I guess last phase in both are comparable in that the dps increase makes them a lot easier but while you could skip a lot on gul'dan you can't really do much on KJ to change how the fight works. Sure you can do phase 1 a lot faster but that really doesn't change much and in phase 2 you will still have to get the dps reflections, maybe much later when you can skip those it will be a lot easier but even then you still have the darkness phase to deal with.

"Boss is hard, I want free loot, buhu"

Quit the whining. KJ was fine and could've been 19-manned before crucible and latest nerfs. Now it's overnerfed into a joke. If you're shit you're not supposed to kill the last boss in the hardest difficulty.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post

Quit the whining. KJ was fine and could've been 19-manned before crucible and latest nerfs. Now it's overnerfed into a joke. If you're shit you're not supposed to kill the last boss in the hardest difficulty.
    By your logic, you are also shit, since you didn't kill him before the second round of nerfs. Hell, everyone is shit, since even Method needed multiple nerfs to get the world first and so is Exorsus.

At that point, it's safe to say that your definition of the word needs to be adjusted.

This is especially funny because you're basically burying yourself whilst being blinded by your necessity to tell everyone else how much better you are than them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    More than 12 years ago. Very different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You've already seen the content and downed the boss so you won't really experience anything new
    Going from heroic to mythic is effectively like fighting new bosses for many encounters. There's always added mechanics that drastically change the fights. If it were the same experience, players would clear it just as fast as they clear heroic.

But yeah, challenging content isn't for everyone. With or without the rewards.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

We just hit 5/10 Mythic and consider ourselves pretty casual. We managed to clear Guldan the last night before the new patch to get cutting edge. Satisifying somewhat but at the same time we haven't been back since. ToS has just been a crap shoot. Designing Mythic around literally the top 10 or 20 guilds in difficulty and still only having 60ish guilds having killed it < and most of which haven't even gone back after their first kill to do it again > is utter failure on the dev's part. In the olds days of vanilla we generally had 3-4 months of farming the last boss to get people desired loot etc and it was always looked forward to.

Bosses in ToS are just gigantic Tyranical affixed mobs.. way to many hp's and to many boring soak mechanics. We've lost a lot of people this Tier and after hitting on Mistress for a few nights.. people just don't enjoy it and really don't wanna do it. It's a terrible fight and not enjoyable at all. Fights in general just seem way to long this Tier. How Blizzard thinks wiping on bosses 100's of times this far into the tier is smart business is boggling. I've seen a lot of friends on battlenet in other raid guilds just quit/disappear/guilds disbanding as people hit some of these walls and figure f#$k it.

Played the game since Vanilla and this is easily the worst raid tier I've seen to date.

I agree. The skips that are enabled by 5% health and crucible dps buffs are massive

0 Interest in mythic. Blizz needs to take the hint

The problem is that every other shit stain of a boss in ToS needs lots of soaking.

The secondary problem is that the gear is not worth it

So guilds decide to just not gear 5+ rogues to pass avatar, and stop instead.

They havn't come by with the jello with your meds in it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    0 Interest in mythic. Blizz needs to take the hint
    Same! Pointless is mythic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    What's the point of mythic though? I've already cleared the instance on normal and heroic, I can get the same gear from there, and don't have to confom to a 20 man group size.
    Having something to do post 1st week, as heroic is always a joke when it comes out with little exceptions (last "hard" boss i remeber from hc is Archimonde)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same people that I see pretending to be Elite players on this Forum are the same I see saying Tomb is overtuned.

If 60 other guilds have done it you are just showing you aren't the "Elite"