Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's almost as if people enjoy some parts of the game(in my case primarily raiding), so having to unlock all the other crap on every character in order to be able to participate in the things they enjoy is just a boring, annoying chore. The story quests are fine the first time around, but they have 0 replay value and are not fun to do. Alts already get fucked in so many ways with crap like Crucible traits and legendaries, having at least some stuff be at least a little bit alt friendly(like WQ unlocks being account wide) would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it'll "only" take literally months even at max AK. Sick system.

- - - Updated - - -

And they changed that since, because it was a miserable experience, only to return it in Legion for god knows what reason.

- - - Updated - - -

1.5 hours is being optimistic, but even so, that's definitely too much repetitive, boring crap to do on every character, yes. We already have levelling to supply repetitive, easy, boring content, no need to require "levelling" again at max level.
    Enjoying parts of the game on alts doesn't entitle you to skip everything you don't like to get there.

In your case of raiding, should alts automatically get leveled to max level and have a set of pre-raid gear ready for you so you can enjoy raiding?

Unlocking 1-2 hours worth of storyline per alt isn't something unreasonable at all.

You people saying it takes <2 hours per alt are simply lying. Stop lying.

The quests alone take 2-3 hours depending on your gear, you need to do a bunch of class hall missions, and then cap it off with a dungeon run. It's not a problem doing all that once, but 12 times really seriously sucks. And then once you're done with quests you need to do several weeks of WQs to unlock the whistle. That sucks to such a degree that I just walked away from the whole thing on my alts. They're never going to Argus.

WQs and the whistle need to unlock account-wide. That's what they need to do to make Argus alt-friendly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The quests alone take 2-3 hours depending on your gear, you need to do a bunch of class hall missions, and then cap it off with a dungeon run.
    The main story line requires no order hall missions. The order hall missions are just to unlock the new followers and equipment upgrades and are not required to unlock word quests. No world quests are tied behind order hall missions.

The whistle certainly could use adjustment but if you can't take 2-3 hours to unlock world quests then why do you need them unlocked? You clearly don't think its worth it to do a little bit of content so you don't need a little bit of content unlocked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Do you not understand the concept of content being friendly to alts?

New followers and equipment missions are part of the content that is unfriendly. I want that stuff on my alts too, so they can benefit from them. But it is certainly less important than unlocking WQs and the whistle, and if I still had to do the sidequests on every alt I could deal with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's almost as if people enjoy some parts of the game(in my case primarily raiding), so having to unlock all the other crap on every character in order to be able to participate in the things they enjoy is just a boring, annoying chore. The story quests are fine the first time around, but they have 0 replay value and are not fun to do. Alts already get fucked in so many ways with crap like Crucible traits and legendaries, having at least some stuff be at least a little bit alt friendly(like WQ unlocks being account wide) would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it'll "only" take literally months even at max AK. Sick system.

- - - Updated - - -

And they changed that since, because it was a miserable experience, only to return it in Legion for god knows what reason.

- - - Updated - - -

1.5 hours is being optimistic, but even so, that's definitely too much repetitive, boring crap to do on every character, yes. We already have levelling to supply repetitive, easy, boring content, no need to require "levelling" again at max level.
    How is the questing part more repetitive than Invasions/WQs? Further you get a decent amount of AP and in chapter 3 even Veiled Argunite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you not understand the concept of content being friendly to alts? New followers and equipment missions are part of the content that is unfriendly. I want that stuff on my alts too, so they can benefit from them. But it is certainly less important than unlocking WQs and the whistle, and if I still had to do the sidequests on every alt I could deal with that.
    Friendly for alts doesn't mean getting everything for free because you did it once. I unlocked the first new followers in an hour with a fresh 110 alt. I just got to Mac'aree with another 30 mins spent questing. It went faster because my artifact is higher and others were clearing it out to cut down on some time. I also used group finder to do a few world quests in that time.

It is alt friendly. You just don't want to put in a little effort because you are entitled. You think just because you have done it once you should get it all for free just because. It doesn't take a lot of time. It doesn't take that much effort. The higher geared you are the faster it will be. Unless of course you can't play the alts spec competently.

and if I still had to do the side quests on every alt I could deal with that.
    You just said that the side quests are not alt friendly and that is part of the thing you are complaining about. Which is it you are fine doing side quests or they are part of the problem? Can't have it both ways. When you figure out the argument you want to make let us know.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The quests alone take 2-3 hours depending on your gear, you need to do a bunch of class hall missions, and then cap it off with a dungeon run. It's not a problem doing all that once, but 12 times really seriously sucks. And then once you're done with quests you need to do several weeks of WQs to unlock the whistle. That sucks to such a degree that I just walked away from the whole thing on my alts. They're never going to Argus.

WQs and the whistle need to unlock account-wide. That's what they need to do to make Argus alt-friendly.
    It does take 2-3 hours per alt for the main storyline unlocking the dungeon. Again, my Rogue was at 743 ilvl when I went there with 2 1/2 hours /played time. After even completing the dungeon, I'm still under 6 hours of /played at max level.
    The mission table quests aren't part of the main storyline on Argus that you have to complete to be done with it, unlocking all the WQ's and Rift invasions.
    Whistle isn't part of the storyline, and isn't even necessary, just a convenience in moving around faster. Yes, it's nice to have, but to be honest the waypoints are so close to each other I haven't even used it once in my main because I usually run a circle path around hunting rares.
    Rep isn't main storyline based either.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it takes about 3 hours to do the questlline on a char
    do it one char per every other day
    4 weeks and your done ,there at a minimal 1.5 hours a day

btw back in BC (Dont know why i said cata) you had to level chars without heirlooms, and had NO HELP for their reps and on each and every character you had to do the whole atonement process.
    I remember when they nerfed the fuck out of rep needed to do heroics. I was so sad that the casuals were allowed to get free gear with less effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They really want us to focus on only 1 character.
    Yeah that's what I believe as well which is annoying. This is what happens (for me): I wanna unlock all of argus on all my alts, I do it once, it's long, I don't feel like repeating that on my alts, this sucks I can't get the WQs here, I develop patterns and routes to follow on all my alts so I can't just come to Argus on one of them but not the others, result: I don't ever go to argus. I don't know about you altoholics but my patterns are important. If one alt can't do a quest none of them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    This, that last quest line is tedious as shit.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

For Argus to be reasonably alt-friendly, WQs and the whistle need to unlock account-wide. That is what is required.

Thank you.

As I said some pages ago, it will happen when they see how many players cancelled their sub after 7.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually tried to do Argus everyday with 2 characters. I stopped doing it on my Mage completely and just focus on my Rogue now because I got bored after 2 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    For Argus to be reasonably alt-friendly, WQs and the whistle need to unlock account-wide. That is what is required.
    No they don't. Being able to unlock WQ in 2-3 hours on a fresh 110 alt means it is reasonably alt-friendly. You can unlock some follower stuff and get some rep rewards in that time frame to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah the choice is, do what you like, but if you don't do it you don't get the thing! What a choice.
    but thats how its always been: you want gear from mc? raid mc! dont raid mc = you dont get gear from there. it IS a choice even if you silly dont like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    E-exactly?... That's the point. They take hours to unlock per character.
    Was you the guy that cried in tbc about atunement and alts too?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Not a huge fan either, but don't be so entitled. This is how ts always been. You don't get a free 110 after you level the first time. The whole quest line takes like two hours anyway.
    Really, you shouldn't be worried about that right now. The ap grind is real again. Go get them crucible traits unlocked. If anything, that's what people should be complaining about. Getting 75 traits in alts seems near impossible.
    Obviously getting 75 traits with the current AK would be difficult and take like a year. That's not an issue though. The current Ak 43 multiplier is 27 million %. At AK 55 which will be here sooner than you think the AK modifier will be at 630 million %. Just take in that difference. Don't worry about AP now and soon enough leveling up alts artifact traits will be a joke.

Doing questline for every alt is a horrible and boring time waste.

wish blizzard fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Doing questline for every alt is a horrible and boring time waste.

wish blizzard fix it.
    Yeah, such a waste of time getting all those gear upgrades and billions of AP. God I hope Blizz gets rid of that shit. Man I hate doing something I'd probably do anyways just for the benefits of it. FUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yeah, such a waste of time getting all those gear upgrades and billions of AP. God I hope Blizz gets rid of that shit. Man I hate doing something I'd probably do anyways just for the benefits of it. FUCK!!!
    Yeah, heaven forbid Blizzard stick with their stated intent prior to the patch releasing when we were told WQs would not be gated behind the quest lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

If I want the gear upgrades and AP on my alt, I can choose to do the questline for those rewards. Gating WQs means I'm forced to do the quests on alts to participate in Argus at all. That's not something I would enjoy, so I didn't do it. That's what alt-unfriendly means.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I want the gear upgrades and AP on my alt, I can choose to do the questline for those rewards. Gating WQs means I'm forced to do the quests on alts to participate in Argus at all. That's not something I would enjoy, so I didn't do it. That's what alt-unfriendly means.
    If you don't want AP and gear why do you need to do WQ on your alts anyways?