Basic programming question

Hello mmo champ, lurker for years never made an account but I'm pretty desperate at this point. I need help trying to compile from within Notepad++ or Textpad. I've read so many guides and videos but they're either outdated or just not working. I've done the path part and what not and can compile from the run prompt but I would like to do it from within either program like I do at the school labs. Thank you for the help

I had no idea Notepad++ could compile. I've only ever used it for Bethesda INI browsing & ENB tweaking.

What code are you using?

Oh I'm sorry I should have said Java. And I was told it could not compile as well but when I was trying to find out how to do it on wordpad I came across a post on it

Why not use a Java IDE like Netbeans, for example. It handles all that stuff for you, has project management, and can give you a basic boilerplate to start from. Idk how new you are to programming, but there's a few things to remember.

1. DRY. Don't repeat yourself. You shouldn't have to do things more than once.
    2. Don't reinvent the wheel. If there's tools available to do a job easier, use them.
    3. Mastering the use of an IDE will speed your coding up considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Why not use a Java IDE like Netbeans, for example. It handles all that stuff for you, has project management, and can give you a basic boilerplate to start from. Idk how new you are to programming, but there's a few things to remember.

1. DRY. Don't repeat yourself. You shouldn't have to do things more than once.
    2. Don't reinvent the wheel. If there's tools available to do a job easier, use them.
    3. Mastering the use of an IDE will speed your coding up considerably.
    I'm very new, and I'll check it out. Thanks for the advice!

You can't compile in any of those 2, those are "editors" not "compilers".

Quote Originally Posted by madMax24 View Post
    You can't compile in any of those 2, those are "editors" not "compilers".
    Yes you can. There are options in notepad++'s settings to associate a compiler with a programming language so that it can do the compilation for you.

It's trash compared to using the command line, but it's still an option.
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

It's literally just running a command line script
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nppexec-plugin

Adapt for java.

Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Why not use a Java IDE like Netbeans
    I almost laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard
    Better watch out United.
    West Brom are creeping up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I almost laughed.
    Nothing wrong with netbeans. Especially for beginner. It does everything someone starting would need without overwhelming them. I prefer intellij but for beginner I would recommend netbeans any time of day.

Depends on what you're used to at school.
    A good alternative to Netbeans would be Eclipse, it's open source and quite easy to use.
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\