Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Total world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Ships -> underwater expansion... love the logic.

I'd say it will be more of a island-expansion.
    They did try the whole underwater theme once before and the general consensus was that people didn't like it enough...
    People didn't like the 3D fighting.
    Now imagine if we were to explore some sort of naga Rapture...
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I kinda hope they go back to making WoW an mmo, not a single player game.

I just want to go back to being an adventurer, no mission tables, no followers.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    bzzd will realise my deepest fear - Housing, a personal, customizable base with 1000k items to grind for the rest of ur lifetime, not to forget those juicy shop items for 40USD... some apparently live to sub.
    When I do the housing stuff in WildStar I always think to myself... can you imagine the madness if WoW had this system. There are 100s of thousands of "furniture" type items to collect - with low and high rarities. People would just take it too far in WoW.

But... I do feel like we are heading to some kind of permanent housing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    When I do the housing stuff in WildStar I always think to myself... can you imagine the madness if WoW had this system. There are 100s of thousands of "furniture" type items to collect - with low and high rarities. People would just take it too far in WoW.

But... I do feel like we are heading to some kind of permanent housing.
    Well even that alone would keep players occupied for months. They wouldn't need to stagger everything to trick people.

Yeah player designed ship are a safe bet. Think Vindicator combined with Garrison/Order Hall. And I think you'll see Guild integration as well, to create some kind of naval fleet.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Racial halls are what I'd love to see. No need to go bigger with ships (on seas or in the air), just keep it simple and er, grounded. Profession halls would also be neat-Engineering could be set somewhere with Goblin and Gnome sections where they compete to build the better inventions, or maybe Jewelcrafting in a draenei crystal settlement.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Vindicaar is a prototype for the personal boat system. We will probably upgrade/change the boat, get its crew and so on.

I also think Invasion Points may be a test for boarding enemy boats (think maps like the Battle in the High Seas scenario from MoP) or visiting unknown islands in the seas. These could be done as scenarios as well, but the Invasion Point system would allow for a chance to get into a place where there are already other players there.
    I'd be very happy to personal customizable floating garrison, where e.g. I get head-on attacked by sea creatures a-la the end boss fight with Helya in the dungeon.

But Vindicaar is way too static for my liking. It feels like a building, rather than something that's actually flying/floating around.

As in - if they want to give us customizable ships of any kind, they have to do way way better and more dynamic than Vindicaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    If they continue with class halls and garrisons, hopefully they'll bother to actually make them equal for every class instead of awarding certain classes anti-daze mounts, work orders to spend resources on, and tokens that let them complete WQ without ever leaving the hall...

I still preferred my own private garrison (with an auction house, bank, mailbox AND a hearthstone for every class) to sharing a class hall (with fuck all amenities) with a bunch of people I don't know or care about or want to see. Not sure how a seeing bunch of people AFKing on top of the mission board is considered an improvement over garrisons.

So long as its equal between every class again (like garrison) I don't really care what they progress with (personal instanced customisable housing (think wildstar) would be my preference).
    Damnit Blizz stop making all the classs exactly the same you lazy bums!
    Damnit Blizz stop giving other classes I don't play things the class I do play don't have!

They can't win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    SciFi vs oldfantasy. Agreed again, at least there is a lore reason: Draenai are aliens with advanced technology. I pray that at the end of Legion the Vindicaar crashes hard on Azeroth (possibly in proximity to the Exodar so that this could be part of the rebuilding of the new Exodar). I want swords and boards, not some too advanced laser-beam technology anymore. But that's personal preference, I guess there are many people who love that design.
    The ships are actually naaru technology. Tempest Keep, including the Exodar; the Genedar and Xenedar were naaru designed and built. The only one the draenei built themselves was the Vindicaar, and they still used the schematics that the naaru gave them millenia ago.