Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Ironically WW2 could have been avoided trough political means in stead of 50 million dead. But i guess it sounds better that America saved the world or something.
    You are welcome

I thought cracked was like mad magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This is not a good analysis of John Wick, that is the literal plot of the movie. A better analysis would be why in the face of all the evidence that John Wick is an amoral, is it so easy to brush aside and make him the defacto hero in the story. His wife dies of cancer, they steal his car, and kill his dog, suddenly he isn't a bad guy anymore. What does that say about the viewer, that certain heinous acts are justified? How many Beagle puppies is your life worth?
    Indeed, that is basically the crux of the article. That in the pursuit of a perceived noble goal, people partake in terrible behavior and thus become monsters, despite their noble intentions; and they excuse themselves and their allies of that monstrous behavior the same way the audience excuses John Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This is not a good analysis of John Wick, that is the literal plot of the movie. A better analysis would be why in the face of all the evidence that John Wick is an amoral, is it so easy to brush aside and make him the defacto hero in the story. His wife dies of cancer, they steal his car, and kill his dog, suddenly he isn't a bad guy anymore. What does that say about the viewer, that certain heinous acts are justified? How many Beagle puppies is your life worth?
    Is killing a murderer a sin? Probably yes, but I didn't even quote 1% of the analyze. He didn't kill them just because they stole his car and killed his dog. It doesn't make him a good guy suddenly. He also wanted to erase his past and kill more murderers, which were going to do worse things.

It's not a good place to talk about morality.

The Unstoppable Force Mall Security's Avatar
    Yeah, this is more over complete and utter nonsense, monsters aren't created as such, they are born. Someone could be tortured and with the right motivations and with the power of tapping into their subconscious might be able to be used if you drive them insane like some conspiracy nuts, and tv programs might have or want you to believe, but that isn't really how it happens or what it takes.

I suppose using the term Monster it varies based on the one looking on it as to what that means. One person hero, is another person villain, sort of like that. I don't believe that nonsense either, but I can recognize under certain failed logic and reasoning it can be perceived that way.

Given the right pressure anybody can be pushed, and if options are limited 1 of two things will happen, 1. You become completely focused, obedient maybe even tamed, not likely,and then there is 2. You become a complete zombie and you are trapped as a prisoner in your own mind to act only on impulses and insanity, which is very likely.

You don't become some super soldier by any means and more to the OT's point, people aren't turned into Monsters because of who they hate, they don't become monsters because they refuse to tolerate ignorant assholes like racist, sexist or homophobic.

A person doesn't become a racist, sexist, or homophobic either, unless they choose to be, and it isn't because of some single word or indifference either.

All of the above can and do come from the same place, which there in lies the truth that your genetics you intellect, and environment have a fuck tone more to do with outcome than just about anything else including your free will, which is arguable not very free, or as free as some think.

Bottom line people either follow two line and you can take this to the bank they either spend a life time being who they are and trying to be someone else, or they spend the same amount of time never knowing who the they are and trying to find out.

Both require a prescription to have any hope of curing but like anything it is about a choice, and then an action which is the most difficult. Because to defeat one's own impulses is very tough.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, this is more over complete and utter nonsense, monsters aren't created as such, they are born. Someone could be tortured and with the right motivations and with the power of tapping into their subconscious might be able to be used if you drive them insane like some conspiracy nuts, and tv programs might have or want you to believe, but that isn't really how it happens or what it takes.

I suppose using the term Monster it varies based on the one looking on it as to what that means. One person hero, is another person villain, sort of like that. I don't believe that nonsense either, but I can recognize under certain failed logic and reasoning it can be perceived that way.

Given the right pressure anybody can be pushed, and if options are limited 1 of two things will happen, 1. You become completely focused, obedient maybe even tamed, not likely,and then there is 2. You become a complete zombie and you are trapped as a prisoner in your own mind to act only on impulses and insanity, which is very likely.

You don't become some super soldier by any means and more to the OT's point, people aren't turned into Monsters because of who they hate, they don't become monsters because they refuse to tolerate ignorant assholes like racist, sexist or homophobic.

A person doesn't become a racist, sexist, or homophobic either, unless they choose to be, and it isn't because of some single word or indifference either.

All of the above can and do come from the same place, which there in lies the truth that your genetics you intellect, and environment have a fuck tone more to do with outcome than just about anything else including your free will, which is arguable not very free, or as free as some think.

Bottom line people either follow two line and you can take this to the bank they either spend a life time being who they are and trying to be someone else, or they spend the same amount of time never knowing who the they are and trying to find out.

Both require a prescription to have any hope of curing but like anything it is about a choice, and then an action which is the most difficult. Because to defeat one's own impulses is very tough.
    Lol what the shit?

You just said like ten different contradictions in that one post.

The Unstoppable Force Mall Security's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Lol what the shit?

You just said like ten different contradictions in that one post.
    Well you are born a certain way, but you can still make some choices based on that condition, or rather try to contain it, the operative word is "can" you probably wont, so therein lay the problem, I am saying it's possible and where it is possible.

However if you never arrive at certain circumstances as I said, you will never know. It still there, someone who can kill, can kill anyone. Someone incapable of killing will never kill, doesn't matter how much pressure you apply.

Your average person is a murderer, they are capable of killing anyone, everyone, you just have to have the right conditions. It doesn't have much to do with hate, most people hate someone or a group of people, but they deal with their indifference and cope.

That doesn't mean they aren't hateful or if they hate someone because of the way they are born, then that is pretty permanent, can it be changed, yeah CAN, but most likely wont
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

The eat after midnight.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Is killing a murderer a sin? Probably yes, but I didn't even quote 1% of the analyze. He didn't kill them just because they stole his car and killed his dog. It doesn't make him a good guy suddenly. He also wanted to erase his past and kill more murderers, which were going to do worse things.

It's not a good place to talk about morality.
    His motivations were exactly that of revenge, looking into it any other way is ridiculous. He even gives the boss a chance to walk away and give up the only person he cared about killing, his son. Everyone who died in that movie was a direct result of a perceived slight to John Wick, the son died because he killed the dog, his father died because he killed William Defoe. The social commentary exists entirely between the story and the viewer. John Wick isn't a deep character, through 2 movies all his actions are self serving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Indeed, that is basically the crux of the article. That in the pursuit of a perceived noble goal, people partake in terrible behavior and thus become monsters, despite their noble intentions; and they excuse themselves and their allies of that monstrous behavior the same way the audience excuses John Wick.
    At the end of the day Nietzsche nails this argument. Gaze long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

It's as apt for warriors returning home from war as it is with political commentators. It's not what you fight that makes you a monster, it's how you feel about what you fight.