Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burzghash View Post
    New accounts aren't allowed to link. You can type 'white fragility' into Google and get the result yourself in all of half a minute if you feel like. It's the very first result. And you can help further the discussion by including a link which I can't.

Edit - unless your white fragility has prompted a defensive reaction and you'd rather sweep the discussion under the rug because of it.
    Are you willing to discuss the issue within the black community of single parent homes, and its correlation to the lower earnings of black families? This is also a dominate issue with the Hispanic community. I am fully aware that, within the criminal justice system, there can be some "institutionalized racism", but to say the system as a whole is flawed, is homogenizing the issue of individual prejudice.

I am 100% down for this debate, as it is an important and defining one as we move forward as a nation to discuss these actual issues plaguing our society.
    Last edited by Toogoodman; 2017-09-14 at 03:00 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Wow, it must be great to have an ideology with build in defensive mechanisms, that's so new.

Just like the bible said "The fool hath said in his heart there is no god"

All stupid ideologies do this so they aren't questioned.
    You're from Boston too? what part?

Looks like 3 ignorant white people who feel guilty about something. Maybe they are the racist and are trying to make themselves feel better.

Racism has been around much longer than America has.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm not actually from Boston, I'm from Southern MA.
    I dont think one is actually from "Boston" unless you live in Back Bay, im in Melrose, close enough

Deleted
    I actually believe that the Racism "problem" got worse when all this sjw and trying to silence people stuff started.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Why is it always middle class leftie white people that pull these stupid stunts?

Keep politics out of sport, in fact get it or if everyone's daily life.
    Yeah like when Jesse Owens went to the Olympics representing America against Nazi Germany. Or when Jackie Robinson was finally allowed to represent a group of people that had been denied access to play major league baseball. Or Muhammad Ali and that whole sacrificing 3 years of his prime boxing years to protest an unjust war. Yeah let's keep the politics out of sports. What a myopic point of view.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You don't educate people when they're racist. They're not going to change their minds.
    Only thing that changes it is experience dealing with other cultures, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Are you willing to discuss the issue within the black community of single parent homes, and its correlation to the lower earnings of black families? This is also a dominate issue with the Hispanic community. I am fully aware that, within the criminal justice system, there can be some "institutionalized racism", but to say the system as a whole is flawed, is homogenizing the issue of individual prejudice.

I am 100% down for this debate, as it is an important and defining one as we move forward as a nation to discuss these actual issues plaguing our society.
    I would love to have this conversation and not be called racist for it. The problems in the black community is multifaceted and until we can have an honest discussion about it, the problems will continue to fester and drive calls of racism. Most of the issues isnt rooted in racism, but decisions made by individuals in the black community.

Why is baseball more American than the sports that don't suck?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    I actually believe that the Racism "problem" got worse when all this sjw and trying to silence people stuff started.
    Ding ding, correct.

When suddenly you start to shame people over any and every minor detail and scream at them that they are racist, or try and put other races / groups on a platform and provide them special treatment, it breeds resentment.

It's ironic SJW cause more racism than any other group.

It's pretty important to America, yea. One of the most defining aspects of American culture.

It's been with the country as long as we have been a country. However, baseball is a concrete thing, racism isn't. It's just a matter of people finally setting it aside like other superstitions.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I would love to have this conversation and not be called racist for it. The problems in the black community is multifaceted and until we can have an honest discussion about it, the problems will continue to fester and drive calls of racism. Most of the issues isnt rooted in racism, but decisions made by individuals in the black community.
    Its funny, the several times in this thread alone that i started to bring up this debate, the people screaming WHITES ARE RACIST all went dead silent? Coincidence? I think not

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, race discussions arent allowed, and this is touching on nation bashing too

closing