Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hate ToS and have quit until the next raid comes out in hopes for better fights that arnt filled with soak mechanics cuz they couldnt think of anything else to put into the mythic bosses.

Mythic raiding has been pretty awful for most of Legion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I like it because for the most part my performance is my own. I hated NH for much the same reason. Scorpyron was a gimme, Anomaly you had to be on the right side, Trilliax you had to be a good boy and get cakes 80 yards away from the boss, Krosus I always soaked in the back, Augur Conjunctions always fucked you up + # of fel ejections, Botanist was you getting targeted by any number of mechanics in each phase gutting your DPS until you inevitably get picked to sacrifice yourself. Practically the only boss that didn't punish you randomly was Spellblade. The only comparison in ToS is Dark Mark from Avatar and the debuff in M KJ. Also ToS has better trash mobs. Maybe I'm just rebounding but I really didn't enjoy NH and quite like ToS.

From a heroic perspective only, it is okay.

KJ fight is a mess. There is no fun in any of the intermission phases, it is just wasted time. The meteors are up there as "stupid mechanics". Phase 3 is good, I like the obelisisk, tear rift; red puddle thing is only okay.
    Overall it is a disapointing final boss. Not even the trinkets are exciting, maybe the Grand Design one, but thats about it.

Mistress is a fun fight.
    Avatar is an okay fight. The tornadoes are more an anonyance than a challenge. Dark mark is almost the same mechanic from Archimonde HFC.
    Maiden is a simple, but interesting fight.

The first 3 are a joke. Sisters is stale.

Now for mythic, I've only done Goroth Mythic, and judging by that, I now understand the "tomb of soakgeras" meme. Soaking mechanics are never fun when overly used.

Deleted
    Kind of dislike ToS. I personally think the soaking mechanic is overused, where it is seen on almost every fight in some aspect. There are some fun bosses tho like maiden but in the future, they will hopefully not add too much of the same mechanic.

On Heroic it's a fine, if unspectacular raid.

On Mythic it's definitely not very fun at all, lacking mechanical variety most of all.

Imagine a day where WoW players could appreciate what they do like about the game as much as they spew hatred over what they don't like. You're all a bunch of negative nancies in my world.

That being said, I'd probably rate ToS somewhere in the middle of the pack. It's got some cool elements and some less cool elements, and as a Mythic raider the emphasis on immunities to simplify fights is rather annoying. Nighthold has definitly been the highlight of the expansion from a raiding PoV with Star Augur and Gul'dan being great fights IMO, and ToS doesn't quite build on that.

See what I did there btw? I expressed my opinion without calling everything horseshit, dogshit or say that I'd rather harm myself than do it again. It's possible, I know you have it in you, even the meme generation!

Tomb of Soakgeras was pretty much below average.

yeah ToS is definitely not their best outing; the environment is boring and too many of the fights have similar mechanics (yo dawg I heard you like standing in lines.) They've also allowed too many fights to be cheesed with immunities; desolate host for example might be pretty interesting if people actually had to trade places to balance the live/dead sides... but instead you just soak every spear with immunities and barely anyone ever switches.

it's especially disappointing after nighthold, which had some great encounters (and a neat environment)

ToS as a raid is fine, up until Heroic, it is tuned pretty well for its intended audience. Mythic ToS is where it fails. It's all over the place in tuning, and it's just not fun to learn like previous raids were.

It's not my favourite raid, that's for sure. Trash, layout, visuals... Meh! The fights have been more along the lines of "finally that shit's over..." than "Woo it's this boss I love this boss!!", which is a sensation I had for many bosses in previous tiers.

I don't know how to describe it, but the bosses feel... convoluted? No, that's not the word... It just feels like bosses were designed to not be trivial regardless of how strong our characters become with gear, bonuses and knowledge of the fights. Although we shave record time off the bosses, it ain't happening like it used to in previous expansions.

Funny thing is, I believe the raid I had the most fun in this expansion, was Trial of Valor...

Here's hoping they'll nail it with Antorus, considering it'll be the raid we spend the most time in out of them all...

I really miss Blackrock Foundry. :<

Too many soak mechanics for my taste. Other than that it is fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shithole, the only fight that is aesthetically and mechanically interesting (WITHOUT! being overtuned) is Sisters of the Moon. Everything else is pure uninteresting dogshit, it looks like crap, it plays like crap and every mythic mechanic is so brutally punishing and overtuned that every progress boss is a chore more than fun.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Wtf bro. Firelands were one of the worst raids ever created. It actually made me quit and no return until DS.
    DS? Really? I am not kidding when I say that caused the downfall of our guild. It was so disliked that when SWTOR most quit WoW and played that. Eventually many came back with the next expansion. But it took to legion to get our core main raiders racing again. DS was horrible
    "Peace is a lie"

Its just boring to be honest, same with Nighthold. It might be disengagement on my part but I haven't felt the spark with raiding at all in Legin

I've seen people complain about raids being too short, too long, having too much of X, and too little of X.

Maybe the problem is your own depression and/or disassociation with the game?

Not every tier has been as good as the last, but the way you guys describe it you'd think Blizzard outsources the development of every other raid to North Korean sweatshops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    I've seen people complain about raids being too short, too long, having too much of X, and too little of X.

Maybe the problem is your own depression and/or disassociation with the game?

Not every tier has been as good as the last, but the way you guys describe it you'd think Blizzard outsources the development of every other raid to North Korean sweatshops.
    Yes every tier has to be better then the previous one, otherwise the game is regressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Yes every tier has to be better then the previous one, otherwise the game is regressing.
    Okay? That's a perfectly valid opinion to hold, but I don't see how it's relevant to my post at all.

ToS is great, I like bosses and enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Okay? That's a perfectly valid opinion to hold, but I don't see how it's relevant to my post at all.
    I read your post wrong, no coffe for the day made my read it wrong fml.