Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I see a grown man wit a cap on in the picture though. Do I really want to watch it?
    almost as dumb as someone with a iphone since 99% hardly use it (properly).
    Might aswell take a 100 euro phone that does the same shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Problem with iphones is they are too good lol. I got a 6 in 2014 and it still runs awesome. Facial recognition would be awesome (the fingerprint is more convinient than I thought). But even an iphone 6 from 3 years ago the display is so crip and clean I can do email/photos/netflix/music ( /w a headphone jack for that matter)/ Browse/Apps. If you are late to the iphone game of like my sister you completely mangled your old iphone on accident the 6 and up are too good to fork up 600-1200 for a new one. My dad used his 4s from like 2010 until like a year an a half ago lol. It was funny that thing weighed like twice as much as my 6 but the screen is half the size. My biggest concern is when they will stop supporting updates and stuff for my 6.
    Nobody ever said the Iphone isn't good. It's just you can get equally as good products for half the price.

A phone with outdated technology except for the cpu well done Apple /clap

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    A phone with outdated technology except for the cpu well done Apple /clap
    What outdated technology?

Edit:

Honest question: why is Apple held to a higher standard than, say, Google?

In this thread people are giving Apple sh*t for putting wireless charging in their phones in 2017, but the Pixel phones from last October don't have wireless charging (or a water+dust resistance rating), yet it Google couldn't keep up with the demand for their phones (the Pixel XL 128GB was sold out for months).
    Last edited by Tikaru; 2017-09-17 at 01:40 PM.

It is so rare for me to be without ready access to charging- at my work and home desk I have a Qi Charger. On my nightstand, charger. On my kitchen counter, charger. On my living room's end tables, charger. In my purse, portable charger. In my backpack, portable charger. In the car, charger.

Just, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Okay, I actually went I timed my current Samsung J7. It went from a 31% to full charge in about 70 minutes.

So, what...a quick charge would shave off what...20/30 minutes from a full charge time?
    No. The apple quick charge amount is probably assuming you're very low on battery. The S7 has quick charge (assuming you're using the charger it came with and not some other random charger that doesn't do quick charge). The way batteries work is that they charge much faster when they're lower, but topping off the last bit takes a lot longer. Time how long it takes you to charge your S7 from 10% to 60% with a fast charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    In this thread people are giving Apple sh*t for putting wireless charging in their phones in 2017, but the Pixel phones from last October don't have wireless charging (or a water+dust resistance rating), yet it Google couldn't keep up with the demand for their phones (the Pixel XL 128GB was sold out for months).
    People wanting to check out google's first high end phone? It also was going to have exclusive google assistant features. The phone itself was pretty shit for the price.

I have to say that I'm probably going to cave and get an iphone next time I upgrade... The real hidden feature of the iphone is that apparently they're the only ones who tell verizon to fuck off when it comes to disabling features on the phones.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2017-09-17 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is so rare for me to be without ready access to charging- at my work and home desk I have a Qi Charger. On my nightstand, charger. On my kitchen counter, charger. On my living room's end tables, charger. In my purse, portable charger. In my backpack, portable charger. In the car, charger.

Just, whatever.
    why exactly do you need some many chargers?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who covers the phone's front camera, laptop cam, and smart TV cam with black electrical tape?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on let me make an post about any other Android phone and why not to buy it, oh wait no 1 gives a flying fuck because its not Apple.
    Just move on with ur life and stop CARING what other people do with their money.
    Last edited by Msi; 2017-09-17 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why exactly do you need some many chargers?
    So I always have an option to charge my phone without fuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple is living proof that P.T. Barnum was right.

Odd how people can be so fanatic for or against a phone, buy it if you like it, don't if you don't like it, I swear to god, iphone/Android fanboys are worse than the most hardcore soccerfans.

Who gives a shit what the guy next to you use as a phone, would you hate on his choice of hair lotion and TV aswell?

The only time you should really give a shit, is when his phone potentially could explode next to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I don't know what you are on about, on my Oneplus 3 which I have almost 2 years It's still charging 60-80% for every 30minutes, is normal sized as an adapter and my battery life is the same as it was on release (for now).

- - - Updated - - -

That's how quick charge works, it's just faster...though as I said...it's not even the fastest on the market by being 10-30% slower than other phones.
    Highly doubt that, I had a oneplus 3 myself and the battery went downhill after the first year of usage.

GG Apple users... paying triple for "new" tech that Android users had 3 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Have you ever used an iPhone?

Whenever they get restarted or reset you can't use touchid to log in.. you can try and keep trying but it'll tell you "you must enter pin in order to use Touch ID" I imagine they carried over that same function to face.
    To be fair iphones and some android phones have a seperate message for when the phone was restarted and when the phone failed. When an iphone restarts and you have to enter the pin for the first time it will specify it was recently restarted. The iphone x did NOT so unless restarting and failing now show the same message (Which would be a first!) it was NOT because the phone was recently restarted.

Here's something else you should know. For that £1000 I could get a PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch and a cheap Smartphone that works just as well for less. I'm not even joking. On Amazon right now the cost for me is £860-870. I could get 3 forms of entertainment with a damn phone for the cost of a phone with money left over.

I don't give two shits if it's branding. £1000 for a smartphone is moronic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-18 at 12:55 AM.

Are you surprised Apple will scam you again and again with cables and adapters? Happy to see iPhone reach the tech of level of S6 tho, proud of ya'

You cannot deny the longevity and good resale value iPhone carries historically. I also agree $1000 for a basic 64 GB model is insane... but don't be surprised if they end up having a massive record quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    What the hell, how is 30 minute charge for 50% of the battery life special? My Oneplus 3 dash charge charges up to 80% if not more in a 30 minute time window depending on what apps I'm running.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just confused how it is a selling point when it's not even the best charging methode on the market.
    That is how Apple operates, they specialize in giving you less technology for more money and people it eat up.