Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Because for the very first time in the history of WoW, Blizzard actually made Healthstones better than their crafted variant. Just as Heroism/Bloodlust has always been better than drums. Only took them 11 years
    What? Prior to WoD, Healthstones >>>>>>> Health potions (in case you had to chose, but you didn't have to). Since WoD they were largely irrelevant though, but that's 2 years no 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    When has anyone raiding besides a tank used Health Potions, since way back in the days?
    I use them all the time. Every little counts.

When has anyone raiding besides a tank used Health Potions, since way back in the days?
    All the time for mythic raiding, keystones, even open world content (health pots cheaper than the 10% durability loss). If you're a raider and you weren't using health pots for tough heal-check fights like Sisters or Tich or Botanist, you were being lazy and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Since they have not shared a cooldown with damaging potions which i think came in wod from first aid.
    They don't share and I use them on all progression when we don't have a lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Not every group will have reliable access to a warlock?
    Historically, the best healing pots all healed for a bit more than Healthstones. So in order for the new potion to heal for more than the new HS (which heals for 25% of HP), it does make sense to make it a flat 30%.

Keep in mind Lock HS is FREE where as a healing potion, especially the new ones, are expensive AF. As it stands, there really isn't a point of making them since any respectable guild runs with at least 1 lock for Summons/HS/Gateway anyway.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Historically, the best healing pots all healed for a bit more than Healthstones. So in order for the new potion to heal for more than the new HS (which heals for 25% of HP), it does make sense to make it a flat 30%.

Keep in mind Lock HS is FREE where as a healing potion, especially the new ones, are expensive AF. As it stands, there really isn't a point of making them since any respectable guild runs with at least 1 lock for Summons/HS/Gateway anyway.
    Well yes I agree. the numbers seem a bit dumb on the new pot.

As for always having a lock, if only it was that easy: we refer to it in our guild to the 'warlock curse'. We get them, they fall out of love with the class for some reason and then they quit. Maybe the class is more prone to FotM players, I dunno.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Mainly to replace ancient healing potion, which heals awful now where people have so much gear/traits. Healthstones beats both of them after the patch so get a warlock and you even get a summoning stone in the package ^^

I think if you drink them, it restores your health or something....I think that's the point. Could be wrong, though.

The bigger question is what happened to the mana ones? Those I looked forward to getting, but they disappeared from PTR to Live

We make a limited number of Astral Healing potions for guild members to use for things like dungeons, open world content, soloing, etc.

For raids, or when a warlock is available, I'd expect anyone to use Healthstones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I don't get why Astral Healing Potion is so expensive to make, rank 3 is gated behind a reputation grind that takes ~2 months to get and on top of that warlock healthstones restore more HP and they are free if you have a warlock.

Astral Healing Potion should provide a flat % HP heal, like 30% while warlock one is 25%. (effect reduced above 110lvl)
    Not everyone has a warlock, though.

As well, I think it is to ad a bit more to the Alchemy board as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tested, but I've been told they do share.
    They don't. They haven't since WoD, maybe even earlier
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore