Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think libertarians are wrong about many things, but your characterization of their views in this post is pretty wrongheaded.

This also has no bearing on their intellect - as a group, they're intelligent and informed relative to other political orientations.
    https://www.lp.org/platform/

Their views are pretty straight forward. See 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.8, and 2.9.

I also don't understand how you can sit here in 2017 and say political affiliation has no bearing on intellect.
    Last edited by Sormine; 2017-09-26 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    https://www.lp.org/platform/

Their views are pretty straight forward. See 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.8, and 2.9.

I also don't understand how you can sit here in 2017 and say political affiliation has no bearing on intellect.
    I was mostly referring to statement regarding the military. In any case, defending libertarian politics is something that I'm really not very interested in doing. I think they combine naïveté, autism spectrum traits, and other maladaptive traits that result in ideas that would result in horrendous outcomes if actually implemented.

I'm sitting here in 2017 telling you that regardless of what you think of libertarians, the demographic reality is that they're an educated, high-income group. They're smarter than Republicans and Democrats on average. Saying that someone's politics are stupid is different than saying that the person is stupid.

They want the complete removal of income tax, so I'd love to see how they would accommodate funds appropriately.
    I know the fringe group among both them and the republicans do.

Already said I disagree with them on many things. Just pointed out that they wanted small everything government and it was the republicans who wanted to oversized military and that at least their views were logically consistent between the both.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think libertarians are wrong about many things, but your characterization of their views in this post is pretty wrongheaded.

This also has no bearing on their intellect - as a group, they're intelligent and informed relative to other political orientations.
    It's not wrongheaded necessarily. See my post earlier in this thread. A lot of people who formerly identified as conservative or Republican have become completely embarassed by how trash the party has become, so ever since then, we've had people declaring themselves to be libertarians. Since Trump, they've changed from being "libertarian" to "woke independent" and so forth.

And he's correct, THOSE are the people who spout nonsense about government models that would never ever work in a million years. They're lunatics, and the true libertarians have the unfortunate bad luck that the loonies chose to associate themselves with the true libertarians.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

Nonsense. The entire fucking ideology is just plagued with shitty logic. They aren't self aware enough in general to question it thats why they remain libertarians and the ones who are smart are the ones who abandon it when they realize the entire platform is really just a way for incredible wealthy rich white men to propagandize tax cuts as some patriotic freedom. It's bullshit through and through and to argue that those people are smart when they're stuck on such a short sighted narrow minded ideology is rich.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    While I disagree with them on many things, it isn't the libertarians that believe in removing taxes and a strong military. That would be the republicans. Libertarians believe in both low taxes and small government period, including military from what I know, correct me if I am wrong.

As much as I disagree some a lot of their stuff, they do have more logical consistency then the republicans from what I have seen.
    There is also a difference between libertarians, and the Liberterian Party. The Libertarian Party is not even close to libertarian, they just co-opted the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    There is also a difference between libertarians, and the Liberterian Party. The Libertarian Party is not even close to libertarian, they just co-opted the name.
    Ah, I did not know that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I linked the correlations above, they don't match your anecdata.

Calling the obesity rate difference between race so small as to be a sampling error is statistical illiteracy. The gap between black and white is 32.6% and 47.8%.
    Wow! What happened to the Asian? We don't exist? That's depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    During the CNN debate, Trump tweeted a series of edited video clips showing McCain promising to repeal and replace the ACA, and called it a flip-flop.

This was brought up during the debate. Graham defended McCain.

"To any American who has a problem with John McCain’s vote, all I can tell you is John McCain was willing to die for this country, and he can vote any way he wants to, and it doesn't matter to me."

Everyone applauded. Including Cassidy.

45 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    SNIP
    Thanks for that link, plan on watching the debate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I love how quickly he gives up on things that he claims are super important. The true master dealmaker in action.
    For Democrats, I mean, he is the best dealmaker. He barely tries, quits early and gives them everything they want.

I guess because ability to comprehend stastics is related to intellect and intellect is related to political affiliation?

Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    For Democrats, I mean, he is the best dealmaker. He barely tries, quits early and gives them everything they want.
    You underestimate him. He ALSO starts meaningless, very public fights over nothing that he can't possibly win (eg, NFL kneeling) to distract everyone and weaken his position of authority simultaneously.

He's like the Machiavelli of fucking himself in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

You underestimate him. He ALSO starts meaningless, very public fights over nothing that he can't possibly win (eg, NFL kneeling) to distract everyone and weaken his position of authority simultaneously.

MMO-OT is a fucking gift to humanity tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Nonsense. The entire fucking ideology is just plagued with shitty logic. They aren't self aware enough in general to question it thats why they remain libertarians and the ones who are smart are the ones who abandon it when they realize the entire platform is really just a way for incredible wealthy rich white men to propagandize tax cuts as some patriotic freedom. It's bullshit through and through and to argue that those people are smart when they're stuck on such a short sighted narrow minded ideology is rich.
    I don't think this is a good point at all. Smart people are as susceptible to adopting incorrect ideologies and are better at concocting rationalizations for them. A certain banned topic that involves belief in afterlives and so on is a great example of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Wow! What happened to the Asian? We don't exist? That's depressing.
    You're not fat enough to qualify

I'm sure the data's around, but I find that Asians are frequently non-reported due to either low samples, low population, or being cherrypicked out because they're inconvenient for some arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a game of 4D Reversi, he is flipping all the black pieces in favor of the white.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's a game of 4D Reversi, he is flipping all the black pieces in favor of the white.
    wha....

Ahhh, you. I like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No vote to be held.

I said it last time...screamed it honestly...I'll say it again, YOU FUCKING COWARDS.

Every single member of the Dallas Cowboys took a knee in solidarity in the face of a booing crowd because they were willing to figuratively stand for what they believe in and they play a game for a living. You get your out-of-touch terrified collective asses back out there and you put your godamn signature on something you said was a good idea. Show some fucking spine for once in this fucking fiscal year and prove you mean what you ran on, promised your voters you would try, and then gave up like fucking coward pussies. Close the deal. Take your loss like a fucking grown adult.

Everyone loses sometimes. Only gutless quitter cowards bail.

I wonder if Trump is tired of all this winning yet. Fucking clown.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No vote to be held.

I said it last time...screamed it honestly...I'll say it again, YOU FUCKING COWARDS.

Every single member of the Dallas Cowboys took a knee in solidarity in the face of a booing crowd because they were willing to figuratively stand for what they believe in and they play a game for a living. You get your out-of-touch terrified collective asses back out there and you put your godamn signature on something you said was a good idea. Show some fucking spine for once in this fucking fiscal year and prove you mean what you ran on, promised your voters you would try, and then gave up like fucking coward pussies. Close the deal. Take your loss like a fucking grown adult.

Everyone loses sometimes. Only gutless quitter cowards bail.
    Everyone should still keep an eye on this just in case they change their mind at the last moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Everyone should still keep an eye on this just in case they change their mind at the last moment.
    Deliberation for reconciliation is capped at 20 hours, which the Democrats will eat every second of. This is the last minute.