Poll: Should we go back to the old legendary drops?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Legendary items should be rare and be non RNG based.

Like have 100% of a achievement tab complete you get a legendary pet, mount or item ect.
    My opinion ofc this way ppl can work toward something and every exp pack when the achievement tab gets bigger you can increase the legendary item.
    They would still have to have a limited equip cap or there would be little to no incentive to acquire new gear and said players would complain there's nothing to do. Also, the achievements couldn't be challenging at all or it would be years of "Bli$$ hates us" threads on MMOC. They would have to be continually retuned to be nice but not equal or stronger than current gear or it would be considered "welfare leggos." They could not in any way be good enough to compete in heroic+ raiding or M+ dungeons or everyone would jump on the bandwagon that they're "required" and Blizzard is "forcing all players" to have to do all these achievements so that "they could be lazy and not worry about developing new content" since it would require mostly old content to acquire expansion to expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is better than what we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Legendaries should just die a death

There is no way to implement it without pissing someone off!

Too low a droprate you get people bitching about RNG! and Guild drama on who gets the Legendary when all the stars align and it finally drops!
    Class only questchains you get other classes bitching then you get the satisfaction of seeing that rogue you help get his legendary Gquit!!!
    Everyone gets a legendary leaves some people feeling like they have no real prestige anymore.
    If there's guild drama, your guild is shit to begin with. When the old legendaries were a thing in guilds I was in, when they announced who would get the first one, it was never a shocker and almost everyone agreed that was the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I don't see how. I've been playing this game since vanilla and I remember seeing someone with a legendary and being amazed.
    Now, everyone has them....

I'd personally just like that feeling back.
    You're probably misremembering how "fun" it was to grind for it. And the amazement at seeing someone else with cool gear results in you not having the cool gear. In which universe is jealousy of other people actually better than obtaining rewards yourself?

What you are vouching for is a feeling that lasts less than 5 minutes, and is not related to fun gameplay in the slightest.

You can still be properly amazed at someone wearing impressive gear right now, you just choose not to. Getting mythic gear from the harder bosses is damn hard, and even if they are all "purple", it's very noticeable when someone has powerful gear. I tend to notice more if I see a big dps in the meters, since dps is the actual useful output of the gear.

I'd say the way WotLK and Cata did legendaries were the best, just have an epic quest chain attached to it. I don't really like legendaries being random drops in either vanilla/TBC or Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Everything is better than what we have right now.
    Hmm, no, not everything.

The Warglaive/bow method was bullshit, only permitting it to be obtained on the last boss of a raid, just to have a minimal amount of people able to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So after the "epics are not epic anymore" threads of the last 4+ years...we are now at the "legendaries are not legendary" threads.

Artifacts are "the special thing" of this x-pac..but ofc, they don't feel awesome, because every specc has them? Oh yeah...and because AP and AK are also a shit system, right?

But indeed, I am honestly curious how Blizzard will handle the system next x-pac. With even quest rewards proccing as rare or epic, they clearly disagree with the people who are so hund up on the colour of text. I bet we will get full legendary 8 piece sets next x-pac.
    I always go in a fit of laughter when I see threads crying about epics not feeling epic and some not liking to share gear with others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd say the way WotLK and Cata did legendaries were the best, just have an epic quest chain attached to it. I don't really like legendaries being random drops in either vanilla/TBC or Legion.
    I thought the quest ideas of Wrath, Cata and MoP was the best methods. WoW took it a bit too far with farming loot, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    by newbie scum i mean everyone from TBC onwards!!
    If playing this game for more than ten years still means I'm a newbie, I'll take it.

Honestly, with warfirging and Titanforging, they should just get rid of different color rarities all together. Break down gear colors into different types instead:

Heirlooms - same as now
    Normal gear - what was once greens/blues/purples
    Magic gear - items with additional effects ie legion legendaries, and maybe trinkets
    Artifacts - legion weapons plus any other item that you build up over the course of expansion

You could probably still flag things based on LFR vs normal vs heroic vs mythic, but that's all is put in for anything closely hinting at rarity. Saves you a whole lot of hang ups about how rare an item should be because of what color it is.

And slightly off topic, make anything that can Wf or tf be upgrade able using an item that is rare to drop at easier difficulties, but becomes common at hard difficulties.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know this will come off as elitist, but...whatever...

I have noticed that gear value is getting less and less "awesome" to get.

Seems as the years go by, blues are new green, epics are the new blue, and it seems like Legendary gear is slowly making its way as being the new epic.

On that note, this poll is Should we go back to the old legendary method?

Please note - I've never gotten one in old WoW.

Should it be the last boss of the expansion has this drop rate of dropping something (Say a head piece that will fit each class and spec)

LFR - 0%
    Normal - .01%
    Heroic - .1%
    Mythic - 1%

This would make legendary weapons seem more...legendary..

I personally was not a fan of questing to get a legendary and now you can have 2 equipped at once.
    Next expansion might have a legendary gear set and you're in full legondaries in the expansion after that..

Hate all you want, just a thought...opinions?
    HELL no your suggestion is just terrible just go away with that crap.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I don't see how. I've been playing this game since vanilla and I remember seeing someone with a legendary and being amazed.
    Now, everyone has them....

I'd personally just like that feeling back.
    You're also missing the feeling of seeing that extremely rare legendary drop and the guild leader deciding he wants it for himself or for his buddy. Or the feeling of going a full expansion without ever seeing it drop for your guild.

I can understand being impressed by seeing someone with an extremely rare legendary item, but it could also be rather soul crushing when you were putting it the same level of effort and never got anything out of it. For all the flaws in the current system, at least you can know that eventually you will have all the items you need to perform well, and it gives you a lot of flexibility for dungeons and raids. It might happen instantly, it might take months, but it's a reachable goal.

The Pandaria and Warlords legendary were much better for that. Everyone could eventually get them, but they had to put in the work.

I don't want any more rare random ass drops even if it does come from raiding. I'd rather grind it out and do cool ass questlines instead... but not like the MoP and WoD shit. I want personal class legendary items again. They did it for Legion with artifact weapons and class stories. They could probably do that again.

Orange is the new Purple.

I have no problem with it, if you look at it from a level progression standpoint... At higher and higher levels, more and more purples... now, at 100-110, we start to add in oranges. In a few releases (higher character levels), we might be fully equipped with them... and at some point, Mythical gear will start to drop.
    Last edited by chipwood; 2017-09-18 at 09:08 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old legendaries were lame, new ones also are lame.

I liked the MoP approach the most. Epic questline, cool reward (could've been cosmetic only imo but I see why people like their power upgrades). The only failure of MoP's system, for me, was the PvP steps and the removal of the entire questline once the expansion ended.

I don't think this low droprate shit is really all that great.

I think Legendary items should be a reward for great achievements, frankly. The mage staff in Cataclysm is a perfect example. Clear most of the raid on hard mode, get a very hard quest with an extra boss, beat that, do some other super challenging and class-specific stuff, and then you get your leggo. The RNG should be minimal, but there can be some.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, the days of catering to us Mythic raiders is over, and that's a good thing. We're such a very tiny portion of the playerbase and we shouldn't be rewarded for our unhealthy playstyle to be honest. I'm not doing anything special to get extra rewards tbh.

I'd say keep the legendary system we have now, but:

-Give us some way to see how close we are to getting the next legendary
    -Actually allow us to choose which one, or at the very least, allow us to choose two or three that we DON'T want, kinda like how random battleground queue works

Deleted
    thats a YOU problem then and NOT a game one.

Id like a mix of mop and legion legendaries.
    mop = you work for it, legion has the advantage you get a legendary and its not useless cause you have done the hardest difficulty already to get it.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-09-18 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not make it 1%(or lower if that makes it too common) for normal/hc and mythic? A raid is a raid, it doesn't matter what difficulty you do it on.

I like how Wrath/Cata did Legendaries with the long quest chains that a guild worked towards getting for those select few that deserved it. Shadowmourne, The hammer that I don't care to look up to spell, the daggers, and the staff were all pretty cool.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rather just have an expansion without artifacts and legendaries for once...

AP system can still exist, just call it something else not tied to a weapon or armor.