Poll: Should we go back to the old legendary drops?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rare weapons & armor should be rare. And if you have something that is so rare you use the name "legendary" to describe it, then it should be even rarer. Up until MoP I had only ever seen one orange item.

If everything is awesome, then everything by definition is mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd rather we just didn't have legenderies. At all.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a lot of people here don't really understand the role of Legendary items in Legion. What's special about them is that, like Uniques in other games, they modify how your character plays, in a fairly significant way. In order to make this interesting, they drop fairly rarely. Notably, they do not have unique or awesome appearances - by design.

I think the only real issue is that perhaps they should have had a different name/colour to old-school Legendaries, which were more just "really overpowered items with flashy appearances" (often behind an elaborate grind) than anything else. If anything "needs to change" or the like, that's about it. Call them "Uniques" or something.

The best players in the game are rewarded with awesome item-appearances completely inaccessible to Average Wowman - Mythic armour sets, for example. Some of the Artifact weapon appearances also have requirements that put them out of range of all but a fairly small percentage of the playerbase, too.

That's all fine. But trying to re-combine these things would serve no-one. People at the cutting edge of the game should continue, as they presently do, to get unique/awesome appearances for stuff, and very high grade loot, but the current design of Legion Legendaries is something that would be pointless if available only to a few players per server.

TBH I always kind of wonder about people getting upset about this kind of thing - I suspect they're more "Play 12hrs/day" players than "Get Realm-first Mythic kills" players. If you're the latter you KNOW you're getting cool stuff and admiring looks and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And then the person your raid chose to get it bounced to a "better" guild, which is why that kind of legendary is BS like I said before, as well as the rare drop ones, nothing but drama those are.
    That's why you gave it to the guildmaster/officers, duh. They wouldn't leave

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    newbie scum wont like it, because they want everything handed to them on a plate with the least amount of effort.
    by newbie scum i mean everyone from TBC onwards!!
    what a croc of shit. You're so full of shit it's coming out your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The one we had leave WAS a long time officer :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    On that note, this poll is Should we go back to the old legendary method?
    Grahamington, just because the current system is bad doesn't automatically that the only alternative is to go back to the old system. This is a common problem that happens when people argue on this forum. When you criticize a system that some people like, people automatically assume that you want to go back to a previous system which also had major problems, and they will use this as an argument against you.

It would be nice if people could think in terms of preserving positives and removing negatives when discussing systems in the game ... rather than assuming that the only options you have are to advocate for the current system which has major flaws, or a previous system which also has major flaws.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2017-09-21 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    They should drop from the hardest content I.E the end boss in an expansion at a very low rate,
    So you want them to be useless and for special snowflakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    legendaries are cool in my opinion when very few people have them cause timmy should not have what I have so I can be a special snowflake.
    fixed that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    lol you clearly didnt play vanilla/tbc.... otherwise you would not say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So you want them to be useless and for special snowflakes?

fixed that

- - - Updated - - -

lol you clearly didnt play vanilla/tbc.... otherwise you would not say that.
    Want some ss'es of my rank 6 fos?
    Also do you not understand what sarcasm is?

I'd rather have it be like the MoP/WoD ones were everyone got one eventually, because I remember the drama of deciding who was the first in line for Shadowmourne and Dragonswrath only to have the person leave the guild almost immediately upon getting the weapon and I don't wanna deal with that bullshit again.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Just do away with Lego's until Blizzard find a better solution than the RNG bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Couldn't tone down the arrogant shitfacery I see.

I don't have an entitlement mentality, I in fact view gear merely as a tool and 100% believe that lower difficulty content should NEVER give as good tools as the highest (not through titanforging or such nonsense). Period.

Sod off, you've got nothing of value to add and you're clearly so blinded by the welfare meme that you can't even make a correct argument other than the shit you've spouted so far. Pathetic. In fact, you've shown enough to earn a spot on the ignore list. Intelligent people discuss options, they don't dig their heels in and go "NO, WELFARE, RUINS GAEM, HURR!".
    It dosen't seem very legendary if everyone's got one does it...

Actually, my house is legendary - its got running water central heating AND an inside loo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make legendarys the new epics. Legendry gear drops in mythic raids only. Epic gear drops in Mythic dungeons, heroic raids, normal raids. Everything else would drop blues or greens.

I would prefer the model used in Wrath/Cataclysm or even Mists/Warlords.
    An item based on a long questline, not just a random drop.

Wrath/Cata was a little more satisfying because they were more personalised, but the balance complaints and loot drama was a big headache.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    It dosen't seem very legendary if everyone's got one does it...

Actually, my house is legendary - its got running water central heating AND an inside loo.
    Legendaries are what Blizzard make them, not based on your feels. Sorry.
    It's cute how you compare something like a house to pixels in a game though, but I suppose if one has the sort of mentality where knowing that others DON'T have something makes it more valuable... Congratulations, your house with running water, central heating and indoor plumbing is Legendary status to millions of people still living in shacks!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-22 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Legendaries are what Blizzard make them, not based on your feels. Sorry.
    It's cute how you compare something like a house to pixels in a game though, but I suppose if one has the sort of mentality where knowing that others DON'T have something makes it more valuable... Congratulations, your house with running water, central heating and indoor plumbing is Legendary status to millions of people still living in shacks!
    Of course having something that others don't makes it rare and more valuable. Its not a mentality it a basic fact of life/economics. I realise you feel the need to defend Blizzard in everything they do but at least come up with reasonable arguments.

Lets just take bets on whether these so called legionaries will be repeated in the future or will Blizzard say stuff like "They didn't FEEL rewarding/special". It certainly wont be the first time. But then of course...you will agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Seems as the years go by, blues are new green, epics are the new blue, and it seems like Legendary gear is slowly making its way as being the new epic.
    And aside from the abuse of the legendaries, it literally doesn't matter.

Bring back MoP's design. I see it as the most superior. Unlike expansions before it, legendaries weren't tied to luck from a final boss, or tied to one single raid, but spanned the entire expansion, and let you experience relevant (key word) storylines. WoD had a similar questchain, and I enjoyed that too, but it kind of climaxed too early, in 7.1. Basically, bring back the long, expansion-length questchains.

They could take the diablofication a step further, and introduce variable stats on items (legendaries) in WoW aswell.
    The scalable ilvls in legion is kinda one step in that direction, adding the rolls to each stat for every item would just add more longevity.

Get rid of legendary's altogether in the future.