Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Mafia 92: Time Travel Trouble

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!
    If you wish to play, join us in the discussion thread.

Story: (Just Fluff)
    Spoiler: 

You have just invented a time machine. So what if it has some limitations. This invention is surely bound to change the world, and your name will go down in history as its inventor. You rush to the patent office to get it registered. And not just any patent office. The first day of the first patent office. Time machine.

But in a twist of fate, you are not alone. Several others seem to have the same or competing ideas. The patent office is literally lined up with people attempting to register their time machine invention. Not a problem, you say. You have a time machine. Surely you can reduce the competition one way or another.

Then it dawns on you that everyone else probably has the same idea. This will be ugly. After some hard discussions with the others in the line, you all agree, that no matter what happens, today is day 1. Nobody will set time machine to a day before today. Surely nobody in the lineup would break a gentleman's agreement!

All that remains is to decide whom of you should get to register first. You obviously want it to be you, but something in the back of your head alerts you to danger. Maybe you should let someone else register first after all. Someone expendable.

Vote amongst yourselves who should get to register first! The old man at the counter doesn't have all day.

General Rules: (Not important if you have played before)
    Spoiler: 

Game premise:
    The game is a standard game of mafia, where an uninformed majority ("the town") are attempting to fend off one or more aligned groups of evildoers ("the mafia" or "the scum") from murdering them all. The town do not know who the scum are, while the scum have much better information.

The game consists of two phases that alternate until the game ends: The day and the night.

During the day phase, the players are free to discuss whatever they want, claim whatever they want, and draw whatever conclusions they want. Just remember that anything can be faked. By the end of the day, the players decide upon one player to be killed off ("lynched").

During the night phase, there is no talking in the game thread, and each team of scum players gets to kill one player of choice.

This cycle repeats until all the scum are dead ("town wins"), or until nothing can prevent a scum team from winning ("that scum team wins").

Rolecards and Quicktopic Threads:
    Each player should at this point have received their rolecard/quicktopic thread in a private message from the moderator. Let me know if this is not the case!
    Your rolecard should explain your character, and may contain special actions you can perform. Ask the moderator if anything is unclear.

You are not allowed to share your rolecard/quicktopic thread with anyone; this includes quoting, screenshotting and linking it. You are however welcome to paraphrase the contents within as you see fit. Just don't quote it verbatim.

Voting:
    During the day phase, each player can place their vote on any player of choice. To do so, simply put the following in bold on a separate line:

vote: Danner

You can change your vote as many times you want, and you can remove your vote using

unvote

Unvoting is not required before re-voting, but feel free to do so if you want.
    You can also vote for a no-lynch. This works like this.

vote: no-lynch

If "no-lynch" is the winning option, then no player will be lynched that day phase.

Lynching:
    The moment any player (or "no-lynch") reaches the lynch threshold (half the players rounded down, plus one), the day ends. No more votes are counted. After that, "dusk" begins, during which you are allowed to talk as much as you want but votes are meaningless. Dusk lasts until the gameday is formally ended by a moderator, at which point it is night.

To avoid the day dragging out forever, the day phase will last no longer than 48 hours of real time.

Posting rules:
    You are not allowed to talk in the game thread during night. Feel free to talk at any time in your quicktopic thread should you have one.
    You are not allowed to edit a post after 10 minutes. Instead, post a new post where you set things right.
    You are not allowed to edit a vote. Instead, make a new post where you re-vote.
    You are not allowed to delete a post. Just don't.
    You are not allowed to post if you are dead. Bumping and bah-posts are okay.

Out-of-game Communication:
    Unless explicitly stated in your rolecard/quicktopic thread, you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the game thread and provided quicktopic threads. We obviously cannot monitor this, so this is enforced by the honor system. Don't cheat.

Special Rules: (Useful for everyone)
    Spoiler: 

Minority lynch:
    If no player has enough votes to reach the lynch threshold by the end of the day, the player with the most amount of votes will be lynched instead. In case of a tie, the player that reached the most amount of votes first will be lynched. If no-lynch is the winning choice, no player will be lynched.

Rule of AWOL:
    Players who can't manage to post at least once per game day will be modkilled. To avoid this fate, you must make a post in either the game thread or in any quicktopic thread you have access to. If the day ends early by reaching a majority lynch, this rule will not be enforced that day.

If you have a special circumstance that prevents your appearance, you can arrange a way around this rule with a moderator. This rule is here to remove players abandoning the game, not punishing those who suffer unforeseen consequences.

If a replacement is available that take precedence over modkilling.

Comparison rule:
    In other games you are also not allowed to compare rolecard information with other players. This includes challenging other players to reveal some specific wording/formatting/coloring on their rolecard. For this game in particular, comparisons are allowed. Go ahead, see if it helps you.

Note that you are still not allowed to verbatim quote, screenshot or share QT links. Rolecards are still private.

Time Travel:
    This is a time traveller mafia. There are special rules designed to make your head hurt.

The nature of time (in this game):
    • There are infinite amount of timelines, branching from all possible outcomes of any previous event.
    • A time machine allows travel from one point to another in a single timeline, or move between timelines, or both.
    • This game will follow one timeline. Even if there is a timeline you certifiably will win in, only the timeline followed by this game matters.
    • Certain things may cause the game to change timeline. This is a Time Shift.

Time Shift:
    • There are several ways a time shift may occur. The simplest one is someone changing the past.
    • Any action that would change who is lynched or the result of a night action, will trigger a time shift.
    • A time shift will restart the game from the beginning of the branching new time line, so that the changes can play out correctly.
    • Actions happening submitted in the common history of the new and old timeline still takes place. Information gathered in the common history is still valid.
    • Actions happening submitted in the abandoned timeline no longer takes place. Information gathered in the abandoned timeline is no longer certain.
    • That a Time Shift occurred will be announced at dawn, along with date of the time shift, but not why it happened.

Paradox:
    • If a Time Shift ends up being impossible, we have a paradox. There are also other ways a paradox can occur.
    • The universe abhors paradoxes, and will delete the subject of the paradox from existence, retroactively and permanently.
    • This may also cause a time shift if it happens.
    • That a Paradox occurred will be announced at dawn, including who was eliminated, but not why it happened.
    • Unless you are a time traveller, you will not remember anyone deleted from the universe or the existence of a different time line.

Because I could:
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    First!!

Take that!
    *adjusts time machine*

Ahem.

Players:
    - Anakso
    - Crackleslap
    - Largehorn
    - Pistolpink
    - Valyrian

Crissi The Inventor (Town) has been lynched on Day 1, Timeline Alpha
    Listo The Doctor (Town) has been erased by the universe on Night 375, Timeline Alpha
    Marack the Schoolgirl (Town) has been lynched on Day 2, Timeline Alpha
    Dupti the Private Eye (Town) has been erased by the universe on Night 228, Timeline Alpha
    Graeham the Determinator (Mafia) has been Lynched on Day 3, Timeline Alpha
    Blood Fox the Observer (Town) has been erased by the universe on Night 4321, Timeline Alpha
    Endgame

It is now Day 2, Timeline Beta.
    You have 48 hours to decide on the lynch. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to reach a majority lynch.

Apologies in advance for the lack of any image thematic for this game. The irony is that I lacked the time.
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-09-30 at 06:00 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Hai erreybody!

Now to start with tradition!

Vote crackleslap

10+ Year Old Account
    I have arrived! Sorry for the lateness this thing goes bonkers sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    All that remains is to decide whom of you should get to register first. You obviously want it to be you, but something in the back of your head alerts you to danger. Maybe you should let someone else register first after all. Someone expendable.

Vote amongst yourselves who should get to register first! The old man at the counter doesn't have all day.
    Sounds like a non-lethal lynch, like the class reunion game.

Since Largehorn was first, I'll nominate him.

Vote: Largehorn

I have arrived. Hello, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Hai erreybody!

Now to start with tradition!

Vote crackleslap
    Oh that I can get behind... for a completely OMGUS reason so it's flawless!

Vote Crackle

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that I can get behind... for a completely OMGUS reason so it's flawless!

Vote Crackle
    You are so rude its gross.

Vote: Large

Guys I got results again, he's scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    You are so rude its gross.

Vote: Large

Guys I got results again, he's scum.
    You got "lucky" with that shit last game because of Kryllian "being a bastard". That shit isn't going to fly this go round...

You don't know shit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You got "lucky" with that shit last game because of Kryllian "being a bastard". That shit isn't going to fly this go round...

You don't know shit :P
    Fam. Your response to my accusation had me thinking i was right on the money. It was the most scum response!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Fam. Your response to my accusation had me thinking i was right on the money. It was the most scum response!
    Are you serious crackle or not? Because if your not and we lynch him today, tomorrow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Are you serious crackle or not? Because if your not and we lynch him today, tomorrow...
    We're talking bout last game fam.

Here's a list of this game's players, since it isn't in the OP:

Signed up:
    - Anakso
    - Blood Fox
    - Crackleslap
    - Crissi
    - Dupti
    - Graeham
    - Largehorn
    - Listo
    - Marack
    - Pistolpink
    - Valyrian

7+ Year Old Account
    Vote: Graeham

Because tradition that ive failed at the past couple games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Danner confirmed bastard, cause lack of list!

My role card says that all blonde avatars cannot be trusted.

vote: listo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post

So... Crissi, Graeham, listo and danner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fox View Post

I'm 120% trustworthy! Just look at my hat! It's so cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    vote: crissi

Lynch the blondes you say?