Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Iam glad that i dont expect to see the age of 50!

When the trucking industry is gone thanks to driverless trucks, when nobody goes to malls thanks to online shopping that is done in warehouses fully automated, When nearly every thing is cheaply made in China! Is there gonna be anyone left employed that isnt in the Entertainment business or in IT?
    Good. These jobs don't help the country grow. Get these people a better education and put them in the IT fields developing better things that China can make for us. It only makes the west stronger and more prosperous.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Damn millennials killed another store!

Toys are kinda outdated since video games give far better interaction, learning, and so on so it isn't surprising really. Giant hunks of plastic can not compare with the expansiveness of video games, not to mention those toys tend to cost a shit ton.
    It's not the toys that people aren't buying. It's the toys from that store. People shop online because it's faster and easier. You don't have to deal with insane people that will pull a gun on you for picking up the last pokemon toy for example. There's still a demand for the merchandise.

It's also not millennials that killed it. It's our progress with technology. But, that's probably a joke on your part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Most of their debt is from the leveraged buyout. Same bunch that took down KB Toys.

It wasn't the price of the toys or the online competition that did them in. Putting TRU into a hole they were never going to get out of was part of the plan. Borrow until it breaks.

Every Toys R Us I've seen has been a standalone store, and not in any malls. Still, you're just going to see more of this unfold over the next decades. Kids don't generally get to try toys before they buy them (or any ability to unbox them before purchase), so TRU is another victim of online.

Guitar Center, while not nearly as big of a chain, is absolutely going to be next in line, as they're in very deep financial trouble. But I digress.

Malls themselves will either figure out a way to stay open and provide entertainment that simply cannot be had online, or they too will end up bulldozed.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I don't think anyone was ever touched/moved by going to the Toysaurus (I have extremely fond memories of my only visit at the FAO Schwartz when I was a kid-even at ten, there was something ice cold about Toysaurus), but c'mon, at one point, there will nothing left to take your kids to...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-soon-as-today
    Another Democrat who can't distinguish between chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy. Hilarious.

You guys are just utter shit in understanding all things financial, huh?

Also, I have never seen a Toys R Us in a shopping mall. Is that an actual thing? Generally the term "anchor" is used to describe the biggest, busiest store in a strip mall, not a shopping mall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Another Democrat who can't distinguish between chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy. Hilarious.
    Or someone who is extremely skeptical about the probability of them successfully emerging from chapter 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Also, I have never seen a Toys R Us in a shopping mall. Is that an actual thing? Generally the term "anchor" is used to describe the biggest, busiest store in a strip mall, not a shopping mall.
    The local one here is stand alone.

Around here, it gets used for both. The anchor stores of the local mall were Sears, Zellers (previously Woolco), and Safeways. Next month, the last of those will be closing and given the failure to fill the other one, I don't see much prospect of it ever being filled again.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters