Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    How will it work with the people I care about, since I will leave them?
    If they care about you they will understand. Ultimately you are the only one that can figure out what is best for you and yours. Now if you are talking about leaving a significant other behind, that might be the end of the relationship. If it is friends and family it shouldn't be. Unfortunately this is a part of adult life people often ignore, as you grow older people scatter to do what is best for them and theirs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If they care about you they will understand. Ultimately you are the only one that can figure out what is best for you and yours. Now if you are talking about leaving a significant other behind, that might be the end of the relationship. If it is friends and family it shouldn't be. Unfortunately this is a part of adult life people often ignore, as you grow older people scatter to do what is best for them and theirs.
    Of course they will understand and they do understand and want me to do what I really want. But I am the one that feels bad about leaving them and the place I grew up at.

I don't know, so the point is to work at a foreign place just for the money? I guess then it's for me to decide whether good money or being closer to the people I know and love is more important to me.

I am not sure if "the best" for people is to scatter to random places just for a better income. Is it really when you consider you are away from the people you want to spend that money with?

Find job in new country first then migrate. Not the other way aroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was replying to the problems regarding leaving family and friends. Stepping on another side of a border in the EU doesn't magically change anything regards that.

Distance and costs matter, not borders.

For example, it's easier and cheaper for me to travel to Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, any Baltic state etc. than it is for me to travel to northern Finland.
    Yeah, and one of my points was that borders = bigger distances and costs under normal conditions. Now, if you are not exaggerating, I guess you're just in a special situation where this rule is turned upside down.

And it does change a lot regarding family and friends... you can't see them, you can't go out with them, your parents/grandparents/roommate/girlfriend cannot cook for you, you cannot have nice moments together, you cannot have sex with your girlfriend, you cannot punch/hug your best friend. All you can do is interact online. Which isn't that scary. One of my best friends is someone I met online 7 years ago and still keep in touch with every day. But when you're used to having a certain person in your everyday life and suddenly that person disappears... it's tough mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Yeah, and one of my points was that borders = bigger distances and costs under normal conditions. Now, if you are not exaggerating, I guess you're just in a special situation where this rule is turned upside down.
    A flight to northern Finland from Helsinki costs like double compared to a flight to eg. Stockholm, Berlin, Amsterdam or Paris.

And it does change a lot regarding family and friends... you can't see them, you can't go out with them, your parents/grandparents/roommate/girlfriend cannot cook for you, you cannot have nice moments together, you cannot have sex with your girlfriend, you cannot punch/hug your best friend. All you can do is interact online. Which isn't that scary. One of my best friends is someone I met online 7 years ago and still keep in touch with every day. But when you're used to having a certain person in your everyday life and suddenly that person disappears... it's tough mate.
    I know, I've moved far far away from my family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.