Deleted

Is it me or my gear? [Video included]

Greetings.

I'm starting to get irked by my dps. I just cannot tell if it's me or my gear. Sometimes I'll feel good about my dps and sometimes I'll feel pretty bad. The nonstop roller-coaster ride is tiring.

Let me start by linking my character. My ilvl isn't terrible (it should be 933 but armoury is showing 931) but I suspect my itemization is. The things to note are no tier set bonuses and pretty terrible trinkets. I also have what I believe might be a damming amount of haste at 25% (most people I've spoken to seem to have about 30-35%)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...crest/sarithus

I apologize I have no logs to post here but I do have a video of Mythic Goroth from last night. (New guild just starting to get into Mythic ToS which explains the sloppy kill)

At this point in time I cannot see how I can improve anything majorly in my single target rotation.I'm not saying I play perfectly, not at all, but I feel like I know how fury works and I play it somewhat well. I'm sure you'll be the judge of that.

As you can see in the video:

Opener: Avatar, BC, rampage immediately, RB, Odyn's Fury, etc etc
    Burst: Pretty much the same as opener. Lining up BC + OF & Avatar if it's up
    Normal rotation: What I perceive as a really simple 1, 2, 3: BT, RB, FS and them rampage at 100 rage.
    Talents were what I imagine must be the optimal ST talents. (Endless rage, avatar)

There are a few mistakes I spot like using BC when I was near 100 rage at one point. I assume it would have been better to delay the burst and rampage at 100 before using CD's since I wasted a lot of rage there. I also think I could have handled the execute phase much better.

I'm sure you can provide many small tips but I feel like I'm missing something greater as without the big execute numbers at the end I would have probably been dead last instead of near the middle. I scroll down to my position at 5:30. (apologies my dmg meter window is so small)

Thanks for reading and or watching.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-09-19 at 09:07 AM.

You literally answered yourself.

First of all ilvl means jack shit on a Fury Warrior since strength is almost useless unless its like a 15-20 ilvl upgrade difference with at least Haste or Mastery on the item as the dominant stat, at least on my Warrior the last year it has been like that.

Fury Warrior works with burst phases, if you dont have anything required for burst phases, your DPS will suck, blame Legion Itemization.

Haste is important obviously but thats not your problem, you average like 10-15% more critical than what Fury should have, obviously with so many stats by now we reach around 20% passively with the Legendary pants and the set items and you have 30%.

You are doing shit damage because you do not have a single thing correct for a Fury Warrior, obviously not because you are doing it wrong, RNG fucking you over isnt surprising.

0 burst trinkets.

Insanely low mastery, 33% is unacceptable for the ilvl.

Insanely high critical.

But despite that the 935K DPS is around what you should be doing in that gear, you didnt fuck up as much as you think, your gear is as you said, wrong.

Fury is easy to play either way, it all comes down to "using burst phases properly" and Goroth doesnt really have any fake dps moments with adds.

Are you a reroll? New character etc hence no item sets?

Either way, try sacrificing some item levels to fix your stats basically if you have the items around the same item level, you have to sim yourself to find out since as mentioned, strength is useless but after a certain item level difference, it isnt
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-19 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You literally answered yourself.

First of all ilvl means jack shit on a Fury Warrior since strength is almost useless unless its like a 15-20 ilvl upgrade difference with at least Haste or Mastery on the item as the dominant stat, at least on my Warrior the last year it has been like that.

Fury Warrior works with burst phases, if you dont have anything required for burst phases, your DPS will suck, blame Legion Itemization.

Haste is important obviously but thats not your problem, you average like 10-15% more critical than what Fury should have, obviously with so many stats by now we reach around 20% passively with the Legendary pants and the set items and you have 30%.

You are doing shit damage because you do not have a single thing correct for a Fury Warrior, obviously not because you are doing it wrong, RNG fucking you over isnt surprising.

0 burst trinkets.

Insanely low mastery, 33% is unacceptable for the ilvl.

Insanely high critical.

But despite that the 935K DPS is around what you should be doing in that gear, you didnt fuck up as much as you think, your gear is as you said, wrong.

Fury is easy to play either way, it all comes down to "using burst phases properly" and Goroth doesnt really have any fake dps moments with adds.

Are you a reroll? New character etc hence no item sets?

Either way, try sacrificing some item levels to fix your stats basically if you have the items around the same item level, you have to sim yourself to find out since as mentioned, strength is useless but after a certain item level difference, it isnt
    Thanks for your post. I'm not a stats person and rather bluntly I don't play this game to do maths. I didn't know I was answering my own question as I didn't know how bad my gear was, if it was at all. I genuinely thought it could be a game play problem.

I just want to make it clear that this isn't gear I looked out for. Everything I have is pretty much just what I've received from trying to catch up after a long break from Legion.

I have tried to get a lot of haste, though, as I thought that was the most important thing for a fury warr. I honestly didn't know mastery was such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Thanks for your post. I'm not a stats person and rather bluntly I don't play this game to do maths. I didn't know I was answering my own question as I didn't know how bad my gear was, if it was at all. I genuinely thought it could be a game play problem.

I just want to make it clear that this isn't gear I looked out for. Everything I have is pretty much just what I've received from trying to catch up after a long break from Legion.

I have tried to get a lot of haste, though, as I thought that was the most important thing for a fury warr. I honestly didn't know mastery was such a big deal.
    Your stat weights right now since you dont have any set and insanely bad gear is Haste = Mastery > Versa >>Crit >Strength, i simmed you earlier.

Haste = Rage regeneration (non-rng Enrage generation basically) = more Enrage uptime = Mastery becomes stronger.

Its how Fury plays, Archimitros, aka the guide at the top of the Warrior forum explains it in more detail but that line is all you need to know, haste is hard to get after a point thats why there is the unwritten rule of "30% haste" as a goal first and mastery after, because the stat weights change around there.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-19 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I'm not a stats person and rather bluntly I don't play this game to do maths. I honestly didn't know mastery was such a big deal.
    You have no business being in a mythic guild if you don't care enough to do "maths". If you did "maths" you would know mastery was a big deal for fury warriors. Try using raidbots, it's a simple website that you can use without having to do "maths". The calculator will do the "maths" for you.

*Maths being, theorycrafting, number crunching, min/max. All the effort you should be putting into raiding if you're going to be a mythic raider.

Looking at your logs for your goroth kill...You performed at 22% in your bracket, which is severely underperforming. Like people said try shooting for 30% haste then get mastery. You don't have tier 20 and you don't have your legendary helm. Your trinkets are garbage too. Get a CoF at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dungorthb88 View Post
    You have no business being in a mythic guild if you don't care enough to do "maths". If you did "maths" you would know mastery was a big deal for fury warriors. Try using raidbots, it's a simple website that you can use without having to do "maths". The calculator will do the "maths" for you.

*Maths being, theorycrafting, number crunching, min/max. All the effort you should be putting into raiding if you're going to be a mythic raider.

Looking at your logs for your goroth kill...You performed at 22% in your bracket, which is severely underperforming. Like people said try shooting for 30% haste then get mastery. You don't have tier 20 and you don't have your legendary helm. Your trinkets are garbage too. Get a CoF at least.
    I'm just glad I wasn't underperforming for my current gear and that not much was wrong with my game-play. I don't really care about how I compare to other Warriors with good gear. I have every right to play a game. No need to be so aggressive.

I'm also not in a Mythic guild, just a guild that's trying it out. I haven't raided Mythic since MoP.

Edit: Now that I know my gear is hindering me a lot I'm actually fairly happy that I was 7th on dps compared to the others who had decent gear.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-09-19 at 08:42 PM.