Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It used to be amazing till the nerf, I was MM so it was BiS, and never got it, until it was hard nerfed, then I got it the day after.
    Doh! That's always the way, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Got a useless 935 ring with a huge value of Versatility... whoopti-fucking-doo...
    My sub rogue wants to know if he can roll on that.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

935 crit/haste neck on my warlock. An upgrade of 50ilvl so meh, can't complain.

945 legs that i don't need on main from m+10,940 ring wtih haste and mastery on alt from m+ 5 lol.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    What do you get to open today, and what's on your wish list?

I've completed 10s or higher on 4 alts this week, so hoping I'll get something useful on at least one or two of them. I guess if I could choose I'd wish for relics, maybe trinkets on one alt. A legit lego for the low one who still uses the crafted lego boots.

Here's hoping Santa confuses you with the good boys and girls!
    Fanboy-loving-RNG-in-this-shit-game thread.... ewwwww...
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Fanboy-loving-RNG-in-this-shit-game thread.... ewwwww...
    If I was kewl like you, I'd complain constantly while still playing the game for some reason. Silly me, I only play games I enjoy (even if I would do some things differently).

If I was kewl like you, I'd complain constantly while still playing the game for some reason. Silly me, I only play games I enjoy (even if I would do some things differently).
    Im still playing the game and enjoy it but it is lame our ONE guaranteed piece of loot per week for completing high end game content (10+ Mythic dungeon) is mercy to the rng gods like everything else.

Could have easily have a valor type system for the M+ reward struction to at least off set the RNG somewhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Im still playing the game and enjoy it but it is lame our ONE guaranteed piece of loot per week for completing high end game content (10+ Mythic dungeon) is mercy to the rng gods like everything else.

Could have easily have a valor type system for the M+ reward struction to at least off set the RNG somewhere in the game.
    Yeah I've been thinking about that since the above post; how would I set up the M+ chest if I was the developer?

I do like the idea of a weekly chest. Tuesdays feel like Christmas with a package to unwrap. Tbh, this may be the one time I even like some RNG. Christmas is like that. My family has no idea what to buy me anymore; that's why we've cut back so much on gifts. That said, I get frustrated like everyone else when my chest is useless. Some weeks I feel like "Why do I even bother with M+?" Then the next week I get something good from M+ but no drops from raid and am like "Why do I even bother with raiding?"

Thinking back to valor in WoD... It was something to keep you playing - got an upgrade; need to run a couple dungeons to upgrade it real quick - but there wasn't much excitement to it. At the end of the day, there are three types of content/rewards in MMOs that I can think of:
    • RNG - either rng that it drops, or rng what it is (raid drops, weekly chests)
    • Grinds - guaranteed power ups over time (leveling, AP, WoD lego ring)
    • One & Done - guaranteed reward for completing one quick challenge, but challenge may be difficult (Mage Tower)

The game is best, I reckon, when it balances a mix of all three.

Yeah I've been thinking about that since the above post; how would I set up the M+ chest if I was the developer?

I do like the idea of a weekly chest. Tuesdays feel like Christmas with a package to unwrap. Tbh, this may be the one time I even like some RNG. Christmas is like that. My family has no idea what to buy me anymore; that's why we've cut back so much on gifts. That said, I get frustrated like everyone else when my chest is useless. Some weeks I feel like "Why do I even bother with M+?" Then the next week I get something good from M+ but no drops from raid and am like "Why do I even bother with raiding?"

Thinking back to valor in WoD... It was something to keep you playing - got an upgrade; need to run a couple dungeons to upgrade it real quick - but there wasn't much excitement to it. At the end of the day, there are three types of content/rewards in MMOs that I can think of:
    • RNG - either rng that it drops, or rng what it is (raid drops, weekly chests)
    • Grinds - guaranteed power ups over time (leveling, AP, WoD lego ring)
    • One & Done - guaranteed reward for completing one quick challenge, but challenge may be difficult (Mage Tower)

The game is best, I reckon, when it balances a mix of all three.
    I wouldnt have so many problems if they reworked the loot drop table. As it stands getting helm/shoulder/chest/legs is largely wasted because of tier gear requirements. Then add 2 slots being reserved for your legendaries and the chance at getting a slot piece you can actually use is getting slim.

Should be higher chance for rings/necks/trinkets/relics because even though thats what people want anyway they are more likely to be useable because their slot isnt already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wouldnt have so many problems if they reworked the loot drop table. As it stands getting helm/shoulder/chest/legs is largely wasted because of tier gear requirements. Then add 2 slots being reserved for your legendaries and the chance at getting a slot piece you can actually use is getting slim.

Should be higher chance for rings/necks/trinkets/relics because even though thats what people want anyway they are more likely to be useable because their slot isnt already taken.
    Those are good points. Between tier and legos, it gets really hard to get M+ upgrades on your main. My guild is struggling to keep numbers together for mythic raids, so as tank I've given up on tier unless I'm getting hammered because my M+ gear is 935ish while most of my tier is still 915ish. Meanwhile I just try to have 4 chests to open rather than 1; that way at least one of my alts usually gets an upgrade.

Deleted
    Not really gotten anything fantastic in my weekly chest for the majority of the expansion. That changed a few weeks ago however.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Keep assuming too much.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Not really gotten anything fantastic in my weekly chest for the majority of the expansion. That changed a few weeks ago however.

Nice! We rolling on that?

- - - Updated - - -

'twas the night before, and Fel & Ben and family had four 935 stockings hung by the chimney, waiting to see if they get sugar plums or lumps of coal...

Hardly wait to get another cloak out of my chest tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Hardly wait to get another cloak out of my chest tomorrow
    lol My prot pally is probably due for another set of legs, since he got 940 legs last week and 945 legs the week before that, and since (outside of raids) he always wears is lego legs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten a pretty decent amount of luck from the box on my DH now that i think about it. Crit heavy boots, a decent belt, a shadow relic that has meta reduction in the tier 3 crucible trait, a fel relic thst was decent, a crit heavy ring (eventuslly replaced by a 945 KJ ring), and my msge has gotten relics and some offset pieces
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Insane grats man.
    Last edited by mmoc125f9ca8d6; 2017-09-26 at 11:09 PM.

Good luck today everyone. I pray I don't get gloves/shoulders again

Got 935 bracers that are only good for my off-specs...

However, I did get a nice 925 shadow relic with my bis trait along with decent crucible traits.

Don't like explosive so I just did a +6.

Still the gods rewarded me with a big TF bump of 945 Ring with my 2 best stats and a socket

o/

A good relic maybe?

Totally prepared for an awful versa trinket though.