Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't call him Donny Orange Turd for nothing.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is like that time you shit your pants. It stinks and you have a huge brown smear on your pants. You rush home and wash your clothes...but no matter how many times you bleach it, long after the smell is gone, the stain is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Trump is like that time you shit your pants. It stinks and you have a huge brown smear on your pants. You rush home and wash your clothes...but no matter how many times you bleach it, long after the smell is gone, the stain is still there.
    I don’t think this is as relatable as you think... I’ve never shit my pants... split my pants in front of a large audience, but never shit in them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think this is as relatable as you think... I’ve never shit my pants... split my pants in front of a large audience, but never shit in them.
    Maybe not...I haven't shit my pants in public and had to rush home either. But I'm sure quite a few people have. Just look up diarrhea horror stories.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Are you aware that this is tangential to the point? Yes, I'm aware of American History. I also know that Trump will make it into those history books, because we don't write history by saying "well this event was worse, so let's just omit everything less bad that happened after."

The reality that Trump supporters must come to terms with is that Trump will be remembered, and he will not be remembered well.
    Have you ever heard of Calvin Coolidge? Or know much about the Presidents between Grant and Woodrow Wilson? In the grand scheme of things I think Trump will be a blip, notable mainly for the political dynasty it unseated and slew.

In terms of deep long lasting history, Trump is a ketchup stain on a shirt caked in blood and human viscera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Have you ever heard of Calvin Coolidge? Or know much about the Presidents between Grant and Woodrow Wilson? In the grand scheme of things I think Trump will be a blip, notable mainly for the political dynasty it unseated and slew.

In terms of deep long lasting history, Trump is a ketchup stain on a shirt caked in blood and human viscera.
    Yes and yes. US History *is* taught in schools.

And quite frankly, it's hilarious that you think Trump will be remembered for anything other than being the most useless president of this century. The only thing he's slain so far is his ability to enact his agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yes and yes. US History *is* taught in schools.

And quite frankly, it's hilarious that you think Trump will be remembered for anything other than being the most useless president of this century. The only thing he's slain so far is his ability to enact his agenda.
    .... Hence why I compared him to Calvin Coolidge. Or Grover Cleveland, hell lets throw in Millard Fillmore. You know, Presidents whom almost nobody except highly specialized historians or people suddenly going out of their way to look them up can even name anything they did other than be the president.

The point is that Trump won't be memorable. Except for laying low a would be political dynasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    "Between his failed AcA repeal"

I think everyone would agree that politics is rather divided in the U.S. at this point? It's not really easy to repeal laws in any environment, yet alone now. Hard to blame Trump totally for this.
    His own side controls both of those. From only a little knowledge of how that works, they should easily be able to do all of that, but because Trump is such a horrible boss and such an awful politician that anyone with half a brain is doing what they can to make sure he doesn't get his way.

"His fucking awful (and that's putting it lightly) tax plan that only benifits him."

Not quite true, a lot of people would like to have the tax break and benefit from it. Yes, some rich will also benefit because of the way brackets are set up, but it's a little deceiving saying it only helps the rich.
    It's amazing you can say that with a straight face when every single organization that has studied and reviewed it has shown it's almost only for the rich.

"The senate and the house republicans are doing everything to get their asses kicked in 2018."

And yet are still likely at this point to hold both House and Senate mathematically.
    The longer this continues the worse it will get for them. They have to step away from Trump and support normal human decency.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Over time I think many conservatives will realize their "piss off liberals at all costs" mentality isn't healthy for them or the country. Some are already doing this and seeing that Trump was a bad choice. It was perfectly acceptable for them to not like Clinton, but Trump wasn't the solution to anyone's problem. Well, other than US enemies.

Trump will be an embarrassing time for the US, but if we honestly look back at US history there are certainly many worse things. There are also some great things to be proud of so hopefully we can look forward to more of that starting in 2018/2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    "Between his failed AcA repeal"

I think everyone would agree that politics is rather divided in the U.S. at this point? It's not really easy to repeal laws in any environment, yet alone now. Hard to blame Trump totally for this.

"His fucking awful (and that's putting it lightly) tax plan that only benifits him."

Not quite true, a lot of people would like to have the tax break and benefit from it. Yes, some rich will also benefit because of the way brackets are set up, but it's a little deceiving saying it only helps the rich.

"The senate and the house republicans are doing everything to get their asses kicked in 2018."

And yet are still likely at this point to hold both House and Senate mathematically.
    Democrats where rather united in this whole ordeal when the GOP decided to destroy healthcare.

And what the F do you mean ''some rich'' it's borderline only the god dam rich that would benefit from the tax plan since everybody else would either end up the same or get a tax increase.
    The whole idea of the tax ''reform'' was that if only the rich got more money the economical boost would help the middle-class which is just freaking trickle down voodoo economics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    .... Hence why I compared him to Calvin Coolidge. Or Grover Cleveland, hell lets throw in Millard Fillmore. You know, Presidents whom almost nobody except highly specialized historians or people suddenly going out of their way to look them up can even name anything they did other than be the president.

The point is that Trump won't be memorable. Except for laying low a would be political dynasty.
    Pretty much this. I think unless he does something memorable like a peace deal between Israeli/Palestinians or a nuclear war with North Korea he'll be forgotten, or at the very least overshadowed by the 2016 election which is going to be remembered.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Deleted
    Nah, he will be fine.
    Hes a shit cunt but so far he hasn't destroyed anything yet (except the off topic part of this forum).

Few more years and then we get another president people can shit on and lose their shit over. The world goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Trump is irrelevant. He will be an embarassing detail but not a stain. Being a stain involves actually DOING something.
    Usually a stain sets because someone else doesn't do something to clean up. We need to see how far the effects of all of his decisions will be, perhaps some things may not be fixable and he could be a stain.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I think he will be remembered. People say he is not accomplishing anything, but that is not entirely true. He has put a lot of ultra conservative whackjobs in the courts at an extremely alarming rate, a process that is ongoing. His legacy will be felt in the judiciary branch for decades to come. Aside from that he is by far the most unfit person to be elected into office in a very long time. If this is becoming the norm he will be remembered as the start of a new era, and if not he will be remembered as the anomaly. The year the US elected someone who is: narcissistic, wildly incompetent for the job, rude, as far from statesmanlike you can get, not caring about the job, blatantly corrupt and hypocritical etc etc. It's absolutely baffling how shit he is at his job, he does everything poorer than anything we have seen for a long time in a civilized country.

So yes, he will be a stain. He will probably be remembered as long as the people who witnessed his clown fiesta are alive. If he does not do anything atrocious during his presidency I believe he will be forgotten eventually though.

This seems like it'll depend more on policies and whether anything genuinely serious comes from the Russia connections. A century later, people generally don't care much at all about personal clownishness. Millard Fillmore was an atrocious President, but it's not like people in Spain walk up to visiting Americans and ask how they could ever elect such a fool.

In terms of permanent stains, the sorts of things that are memorable are pointless, expensive, deadly entanglements like the Iraq war or massive scandals such as Nixon's. If Trump is simply a crummy one-term President that doesn't create new wars or get thrown out of office, it strikes me as very unlikely that anyone will much care about his legacy in a decade or two. He's not the first ridiculous President we've had and he won't be the last.

Deleted
    At the moment all he does is make stupid pictures and tweet random shit.
    Nothing thats actually harmful to the country, he will be forgotten in a few years and the US will move on to the next shit president.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will be a stick to beat Republicans with for decades so I think it's pretty wishful on some of our resident Trump supporters to think they can just slink into the shadows when all this comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    At the moment all he does is make stupid pictures and tweet random shit.
    Nothing thats actually harmful to the country, he will be forgotten in a few years and the US will move on to the next shit president.
    His climate policy and internet policy are long lasting and so are his education policy.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    His climate policy and internet policy are long lasting and so are his education policy.
    To be fair public education in this country was already extremely poor. My senior year in high school in (2005) the highest level of math we were taught was Trigonometry 101 and our highest Science was Stoichiometry 101. Also we had a board for everyone who got above a 21 on the ACT and I was the only one. I am sure in other countries this level of Math/Science would be their grade 8 equivalence. (Just as a side story my freshman biology teacher was complaining he had to teach the "theory of evolution" (and we spent like a day on it the rest was basically intelligent design) because as he pointed out that biological systems are just too complex to be by chance, just because humans have tailbone doesn't mean we once had a tail, everyone knows that the world isn't as old as people think and that radiation dating is a flawed science)

The internet policy is gonna hurt real bad but I am sure the next president will be "forced" to fix it. People like to troll the other side until they are personally affected by it.

Climate policy is atrocious too but at least some states/cities are doing their part in spite of the president. Its basically putting a band-aid over a gushing wound but something at this point is better than nothing.

Honestly the more I think about it the President in 2020 is basically going to be the "Fix it" president because not only will he/she have to fix all the mess the Trump administration is doing but they will need to find time to push their own agenda.
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-11-23 at 02:31 PM.

Ultimately Trump will simply have been the 45th President of the United States; no more, no less.

Public education has suffered continuously in this country since the time it was first federalized in 1978, like almost everything else ever. I'm sure the answer is to just feed the federal dep't of ed more money, though.