Deleted

Rerolling to Shaman

Hello there,

I've played warrior in WoD and Legion > (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3/#partition=1), but as a new GM as of this tier and suffering under the boredom that is Arms, I've decided to reroll to ranged for Antorus, said ranged being the Elemental Shaman.
    Yes I know: 'You're retarded for rerolling from Arms' 'Ele sucks lul', but I don't really care for cutting edge progression or big numbers so long as I can play what I enjoy at a competitive level compared to others.

So here are the logs from a farm run I did at 913 ilvl (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...dps&bracket=18), and I'd like to know what I can do to improve my gameplay from some expert Elemental players.
    I know: 'Just sim it' 'There's a discord server for this lazy idiot', again not a cutting edge player.

I'm not asking if Ele is gnna be good in 7.3.5, no one can know atm. I'd just like some feedback on what I did right and wrong.
    I died on the Host kill and I know I'm lacking on Mistress, but that's mainly because I haven't yet focused on optimising talents since I used to be Arms.

At a basic level you seem to understand the class pretty well as far as your rotation goes. For stats, I would say to shoot for more haste due to how it increases the effectiveness of the 4 set. Also on aoe fights like harj and mistress you should use lightning rod instead of ascendance as its better for aoe. You missed a cast of magma totem on mistress as well which is pretty important so maybe look into a weak aura setup or something similar. Once you get good legos you'll be good to go.

Deleted
    I've read up on Icy Veins, but the basicness of that site only gets you so far.

And yes I am aware of my lack of haste, I was already gearing the character to a degree pre 7.3 when crit and mastery were a thing. I think I've got 31% currently. How much would you say suffices/to aim for?

I guess that's where my mistake was on Mistress and Harjatan. I'm not familiar with Lightning Rod but I tend to adapt decently. I am using TMW for most of my cds and buffs (Elemental Overload for when it's worth to Lightning Bolt ST etc.)

As for leggos, I have a basic understanding of them, and have been actively aiming for the gloves. Would you say this is folly? Are there others I should aim for besides it and the boots/class ring?
    I've also started Gul'dan runs for Whispers in the Dark, but is it worth it over Charm, seeing as haste is benificial? the Medallion is still BiS right?

Thanks for your time so far!

Gloves and Eye of the Twisting Nether and both very strong legos for single target in addition to the boots if you want to play the gambling build. For aoe you really want the wrists and sephuz as long as you can proc it. Whispers would probably be better than charm but it depends on ilvl, rng, movement, etc. Medallion is very strong for us right now, either way best thing to do is sim new trinkets as you go along. Best of luck.

https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ should help a bunch with legendaries/trinkets and such.