Page 1 of 2
LastLast

American Horror Story

Is it just me or has this show just got progressively worse? If I had to rank each season they literally go:

1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. Season 3
    etc

It's too bad too, because there's like little hints of cleverness here and there. They also have great actors and are really good at building atmosphere. But the writing/story just sucks in these later episodes.

I agree that it has got progressively worse (though i think season 2 was pretty much as good as 1). I'm not on the latest season yet, still on Roanokes and i missed the hotel completely. To be fair though, this is true for almost every television show out there.

In my opinion:

2 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 5

I haven't watched this season yet, but I really liked seasons 1, 2, 5, and 6. Season 3 had potential but turned into an afterschool special on teenage girls that can't get along. Freak show was great...until they killed Twisty.

I'll get around to watching Cult sooner or later, but this is the first season where I wasn't borderline obsessed with at least watching the first two episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    season 1 was the only one worth watching

Would you guys actually recommend watching this show? Is it really really good? Or like, niche good?

I stopped watching after the first few seasons. Seems like they had the right idea with season 1 and then had trouble figuring out what they were suppose to be doing.

No, you're right, first season was watchable, second okay, third was awful, fourth okay, fifth terribad.

I watched the first 3 seasons. They were ok I guess. It feels like they had these ideas they wanted to show so it starts off interesting but then there's no plan for the story and things just kinda go everywhere and as the seasons wear on nothing makes much sense.

Second season tops first.

Season 6 wins for numerous reasons, but the main one for me is : having a coherent plot for the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Season 6 wins for numerous reasons, but the main one for me is : having a coherent plot for the entire season.
    Seriously? I found Roanoke fucking terrible, for, as you put it, "numerous reasons". Makes the other seasons look like godlike masterpiece works of fucking art, which is a serious, serious achievement. Easily one of the worst seasons of any TV show I've ever seen, and I finished Dexter and Lost.

I must be the only person who thought season two was the worst of the lot. Season one was the best followed by season 3. The others were sort of middling. Season two was just terrible. I've not watched this season or finished last season yet so maybe those are great can't say.

I agree they seem to get progressively worse. I think it is arrogance in the writing tbh. Once they figured out that season 1 was a success they started taking greater and greater liberties with the writing to the point where it often barely makes sense and is completely abstract. At least that is why I like the recent seasons less; it has to be grounded in reality somewhat for me to take it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    After last season I really have little hope for this show. I'll still give at least the first couple of episodes a watch because I love horror and really did like the first few seasons. Maybe last season was a fluke and it will get better.

I just watched S1E1. This show is fucking lame. Half of the show is about sex/relationships and like 15% of it is dumb teenage drama.

I enjoyed the first and second seasons. Back then, the show was primarily about horror and less about making controversial and alienating political statements. It used to be a lot more subtle but now it's not - and it's like every other piece of dialogue in the latest season is some bizarre and awkward attempt at shoehorning such things into the show.

It just feels clunky and forced. Unfortunately there's a real lack of good horror shows these days. Penny Dreadful and Bates Motel were consistently great in my opinion - but both have since ended.

My girlfriend insists the first three seasons were good, but she tried to get me to watch the most recent one and I just can't believe a show this awful could have possibly ever been bad; but then, I guess, "the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones are great despite how awful season 7 was" holds true, so eh.

I watch many Horror Movies but still find best scary horror movie when I watch and I scare to watch that movie. Bose anyone knows the best Scary Horror Movie name?

Season 1 and 2 are the only ones worth watching. I stopped watching mid season 5 (the hotel plot), who would have thought it could be worse than S3 or 4, but kudos to them, they did it.