Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I guess the only good thing is that all the windrunner men are dead, so the family name will die out.
    And then from the void of obscurity emerges - bill windrunner - the long lost sibling to famous sisters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Arator is called Arator Windrunner in the UVG.
    Yeah, strong women won't let their kids be named after some weak men.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Arator is called Arator Windrunner in the UVG.
    Oh god kill it before it lays eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am or why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am or why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.
    You may even call it... a Maelstrom
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    You're idea makes no sense, they can't be literally living for thousands of years because they weren't born thousands of years ago, nether time works differently.
    It's not my idea, it's the actual reason for why Turalyon has been able to stay alive for over 1,000 years. "Nether Time" doesn't explain how they've been able to stay alive for over 1,000 years.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    It's not my idea, it's the actual reason for why Turalyon has been able to stay alive for over 1,000 years. "Nether Time" doesn't explain how they've been able to stay alive for over 1,000 years.
    I'm not sure why two of you are arguing against each other to be honest Each of you stated a part of the reason why Alleria and Turalyon have been able to live for thousand years. Without Nether time, thousand of years wouldn't have passed for them, and without being reforged by Light, Turalyon would have died long before that thousand years passed. Both of that combined make up the reason why Turalyon and Alleria have been fighting for thousand years.

Edit: oops, Brojamier just posted as I was typing this.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Or it really is a retcon, and with the well being a mixture of both light and arcane there is a good chance they live even longer now. It would also explain the draenei lifespan, since they were also blessed, but not to the extent of the army of the light.
    Or the Draenei/Eredar are naturally long-lived, practically unaging. There's no need to bring other, more complex, explanations into it for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the only good thing is that all the windrunner men are dead, so the family name will die out.
    Assuming elven family names are only inherited in the male lineage. I don't think that's a safe assumption to make.

Yall really need to work on your critical thinking skills.

Like someone talked about anasterian saying he died at 2800 years old.....but he was kinda murdered.....his great grandfather was alive 10,000 years ago.

Like this thing gave a 100% sensible explanation of events but yall still going "how is he still alive"

They told you jow. Case closed

- - - Updated - - -

P.s they dont need to explain every little muata of the lore. This isnt a warcraft biology class

- - - Updated - - -

How did he teleport?

Blizz:magic

How did he turn into a cat

Blizz: magic

How does he fly?

Blizz: magic

How does he live so long?

Blizz:magic

Yall: "UNPOSSIBLE. HAXX. NOOB. WTF . TH8S THE POOPP!"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they still young? The same reason Batman can last more then half a second against the Flash, because the author wrote it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    It seems i misunderstood your original post

"I'm guessing, IF Turalyon and Alleria really have been fighting for 1,000 Azerothian years, it's because Xera and the power of the light have kept their lifespans going. Instead of being Undead, they are Unliving."

yes the light kept turalyon living, but he wasn't born a thousand years ago, the nether time + light made it possible.
    Yeah, just like time dilation via intense gravity.... maybe Nether Time works the opposite way.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2017-09-23 at 02:45 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Like someone talked about anasterian saying he died at 2800 years old.....but he was kinda murdered.....
    It's not that Anasterian died, it's that he was decrepit at 3000 years old.
    The high elf king was old, old even for an elf, with hair that had long since turned white and skin thin as parchment and lined as a piece of old wood. He had gone from slender to frail but his blue eyes were still piercing and his voice, though thin as well, was still filled with authority.
    --Tides of Darkness

Three millennia rested upon those shoulders; the white hue of hair that fell almost to his feet was due to age, not dark magics.
    --Rise of the Lich King

... and though the weight of three thousand years had exacted a heavy toll on his body...
    --Blood of the Highborne
    Alleria is now over 3800 years old and still looks young.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    his great grandfather was alive 10,000 years ago.
    That was due to the Well of Eternity and then Nozdormu's blessing of Nordrassil. Dath'Remar didn't leave Kalimdor until 7300 years ago, then founded Quel'Thalas 6800 years ago. Elves have a normal life span of a few thousand years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Yeah, Nether Time is just like time dilation via intense gravity.... maybe maybe Nether Time would also work the opposite way where one day takes 1,000 Azerothian years as well lol.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means. Time dilation in general relativity slows down time, not speed it up.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-09-23 at 02:55 AM.

has no one here seen interstellar? its like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    has no one here seen interstellar? its like that
    That's the opposite of what happened to Alleria and Turalyon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Or the Draenei/Eredar are naturally long-lived, practically unaging. There's no need to bring other, more complex, explanations into it for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming elven family names are only inherited in the male lineage. I don't think that's a safe assumption to make.
    Well then maybe Arator and whatever the fuck the others are named, Gabe and George, whatever Vereesa named them need to be punted into the void.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Well then maybe Arator and whatever the fuck the others are named, Gabe and George, whatever Vereesa named them need to be punted into the void.
    I can already see the inevitable "playable void-half-elves" thread pop up.

It along with the in-game dialogue directly conflict with TBC and Beyond the Dark Portal.
    Alleria stepped beside him, her eyes shining. He squeezed her hand tightly. Turalyon glanced over at Khadgar, who nodded, his young eyes crinkling in an approving smile. The paladin again looked toward his men. They were still worried. Still unsure. But the despair and panic were gone.
    "This world will be what we choose to make of it."
    “Come on,” Turalyon said, and pointed to Honor Hold. “Let’s go home.”

--Beyond the Dark Portal
    Have you played the game? Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal? That was released waaay before the novels? Well, in that Khadgar and the rest of the Alliance forces DO flee into the rifts (courtesy of Ner'zhul) leading to the Twisting Nether so that is matching. It seems this drama picks up the story of the game instead of the novel you so ardently refer to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I can already see the inevitable "playable void-half-elves" thread pop up.
    I try to think of anything more deserving of death than a half elf, and void half elf might be it. Congratulations.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Have you played the game? Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal? That was released waaay before the novels? Well, in that Khadgar and the rest of the Alliance forces DO flee into the rifts (courtesy of Ner'zhul) leading to the Twisting Nether so that is matching. It seems this drama picks up the story of the game instead of the novel you so ardently refer to.
    ....That still happened, but they came right back to Outland. The novel doesn't contradict WC2X. Have you played the game? World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade? That was released waay before Legion? Well, in that Khadgar and the rest of the Alliance forces spent 3 years on Outland with Alleria and Turalyon before they disappeared.

7+ Year Old Account
    she looks hot looking for being that old :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    she looks hot looking for being that old :-)
    Someone just like you must work for blizzard's writing department. And is the reason such things like elves loving humans exist. Therefore I partially blame you.
    Holy shit lol