Lightbulb some clarification about ELITE pvp gear

hello guys!

to obtain the elite pvp gear at the end of the season i need to reach 2000 rating one time or i need to keep it till the end of the season?

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    you just need the achievement, and when you get to that rank you'll be able to buy all the elite sets from this expansion.

For that class that is

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    hello guys!

to obtain the elite pvp gear at the end of the season i need to reach 2000 rating one time or i need to keep it till the end of the season?

thanks
    Just 1 time during the season.. You will receive an achievement once you obtain/pass 2000.(e.x Ferocious Elite). And the sets will be available via merchant for Mark of Honor.

Deleted
    Aslo keep in mind that an elite gear stays same for 2/3 seasons so you got plenty of time to get it.

For extra clarification. You will not always be able to buy your set to get missing pieces at the end of the season.

For example, season 1 elites could not buy the elite set until Season 3 began. And season 3 elites could not buy the set until Season 5 began.

Blizzard claims it helps keep the sets more exclusive for a time, and that the seasons in question had the exact same set. So if you want your set soon, you will have to grind it out and deal with the bad RNG (Which is only mitigated as you go further and further above 2000). If not, you will need to wait for 3 seasons(season 5, 6, and 7 seem to be for this tier) to get your set or missing pieces, if you intend to get 2k rating and stop.

To my knowledge, you can not farm elite pieces in nonrated content either. So hitting 2k and farming random bgs won't be an answer.

Sort of sucks, but blizzard has smacked down the threads that cropped up about season 1 and 3 players having to wait an additional season for set rewards.
    By contrast, mounts, titles are given after a season. Tabards can be bought immediately upon reaching the rating.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    you just need the achievement, and when you get to that rank you'll be able to buy all the elite sets from this expansion.

For that class that is
    I think tou will get only the set of the current season

I think tou will get only the set of the current season
    Correct. It only applies to the season tier you earned the Elite rating in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    For extra clarification. You will not always be able to buy your set to get missing pieces at the end of the season.

For example, season 1 elites could not buy the elite set until Season 3 began. And season 3 elites could not buy the set until Season 5 began.

Blizzard claims it helps keep the sets more exclusive for a time, and that the seasons in question had the exact same set. So if you want your set soon, you will have to grind it out and deal with the bad RNG (Which is only mitigated as you go further and further above 2000). If not, you will need to wait for 3 seasons(season 5, 6, and 7 seem to be for this tier) to get your set or missing pieces, if you intend to get 2k rating and stop.

To my knowledge, you can not farm elite pieces in nonrated content either. So hitting 2k and farming random bgs won't be an answer.

Sort of sucks, but blizzard has smacked down the threads that cropped up about season 1 and 3 players having to wait an additional season for set rewards.
    By contrast, mounts, titles are given after a season. Tabards can be bought immediately upon reaching the rating.
    This!

i thought that the system worked like the WOD one....now you have to wait many months to wear a set that will be already old

This!

i thought that the system worked like the WOD one....now you have to wait many months to wear a set that will be already old
    Sadly true.

I dived into PvP for first time since mop required it for the cloak, and the last time I did rated was TBC.

I found 2 others and we did our grind to 2k for our season 3 sets. We played a little extra and I was still missing my helm, boots, and shoulders when we split and the season ended. I could have either redone the grind to 2000, or wait another entire season. I retired the character due to my frustration with that, and I was a windwalker monk who had just read the AMA where Babylonius got a very inadequate response to his legitimate work and questions.

I don't enjoy the idea of waiting for that reward. Id be happy to pay 70 marks to buy the set early, instead of for like 12 long after it felt relevant earning the achievement. Especially when everything else is tied to the specific season, and you get them on season end or immediately upon reaching the needed rating.

And now with the current season, if you reached 2k rating and didn't want to grind for elite gear AND maintain over 2k, you will have to wait until the end of season 7. So the end of the expansion, most likely.

The other thing to mention. You are not guaranteed elite gear over 2k rating. It is possible me to get non elite, with the chance diminishing as you get higher rating. And if you get relics, eeeeh. Good luck.