Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    I mean think about it... A straight, white male protagonist and family man who uses his MACGUFFINS to fight his enemies and get revenge on the ones who murdered his family??? I bet some Netflix and Marvel producers were kicking and screaming to keep that from getting greenlit.
    Gee that sounds like Daredevil. Or Iron Fist. Hell, if we whitewash Luke Cage we'd have a Charles Bronson-wannabe trifecta.

I am looking forward to this despite the snark but I hope they don't downplay a few things.
    1 - What makes the Punisher dangerous is tactics not that he's able to outfight most people one-on-five. The latter is important, the former is more important and more interesting.
    2 - Yes, he's doing it for "revenge". Or is it because he's a serial killer who was barely held in check by his family. You don't get the bodycount the Punisher gets by looking for "revenge", you get it by being a sociopath.

im just scared since the last 3 marvel nerflix shows werent exactly great
    hope they bring back their a game for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    2 - Yes, he's doing it for "revenge". Or is it because he's a serial killer who was barely held in check by his family. You don't get the bodycount the Punisher gets by looking for "revenge", you get it by being a sociopath.
    The thing is, he's NOT a sociopath. Sociopaths have no empathy for anyone, they do not care who they hurt, they only care about themselves. Punisher however will allow himself to be taken down rather than kill a good cop, soldier, or civilian. A sociopath would kill anyone to protect themselves. Punisher would die before killing a civilian or good cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    So fucking excited!

Just hope Iron Fist was a one off for the Marvel shows.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to this despite the snark but I hope they don't downplay a few things.
    1 - What makes the Punisher dangerous is tactics not that he's able to outfight most people one-on-five. The latter is important, the former is more important and more interesting.
    There's a difference between being a sociopath and being a trained killer that has his whole life stripped from him with nothing left to lose.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    According to a thread on reddit it starts on 13th of october.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._confirms_the/

Deleted
    Ive waited so long for this Trailer got me 200% hyped!

I got all the Max Punishers on my book shelf and this seems to get very close to those stories and the level of violence.

New trailer and official release date finally announced!

10+ Year Old Account
    The use of Metallica's "One" in that trailer is pretty effective.

Looking forward to this. I agree that Bernthal's Punisher is the best one so far.

Really good show. I like that car oo

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I dont like the mainactor choice i prefer the second Punisher (Dolf was the first ^^).
    Thomas Jane was quite good, though I wasn't a fan of the film. I actually quite liked him in the 2005 game though, which was actually really good.

But personally I love what Jon Bernthal did with him in Daredevil season 2, to the point that he was instantly the definitive Punisher to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like they did a good job of that in key scenes in Daredevil, eg the truck scene. I do hope we get more of that strategic element to his fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Tough choice, stay up until 3AM and watch one episode or go to bed.

God I can't wait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working graveyard customer support tonight (i.e. I receive pretty much 0 calls all night) so I'm probably going to binge it all. It needs to air already!

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm working graveyard customer support tonight (i.e. I receive pretty much 0 calls all night) so I'm probably going to binge it all. It needs to air already!
    I'm already tired, Not sure I can make it 2 1/2 hours to its release and then another hour to watch it lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Looks like it's up on Netflix (roughly 50 minutes ago). Haven't seen it yet, debating if I want to start tonight or wait.

Just saw ep 1 and it has the potential to be marvel's best show. Bless your grandma for those sandwiches Donny.

Watched the first 2 episodes. Loving it so far. I've been beyond hyped ever since it was announced.

Somewhat irritating that when Googling The Punisher, I see all these articles how it is tasteless and released at "the worst possible time." Are we all such pussies now that we can't enjoy a show about a guy who shoots violent criminals just because there is a shooting every now and then that has affected .000001% of Americans? All this virtue signaling is pure cancer. Maybe we'll bounce back as a society over the next ten years or so. That or we'll degenerate even further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the whole show...

GOD DAMN! I think this is easily my favourite MarvelFlix show so far, just fantastic. I think Jon Berenthal deserves ALL THE AWARDS for his performance this season.

Acting was great, plot was solid, no frills, very little extraneous nonsense, action was excellent... Honestly, I may just be on the wrong end of a ~10 hour binge and my brain isn't working right, but I can't think of a single complaint I had for this show.

Also: Madani? SO HOT.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm on Episode 7, and holy shit, this show is amazing. I mean, it's INCREDIBLY dark and bleak, but this show is an amazing character study on how war changes and destroys people and forever marks them. The acting is top notch, Jon Bernthal is incredible as Frank Castle. I feel so bad for the kid suffering from PTSD and even worse for his dad who is completely unable to help his son no matter how badly he tries or wants to. The saddest part is that the kid (Lewis?) is real - there are so many former soldiers just like him in real life who come home changed and unable to cope with life at home.

Just a heart-wrenching series that punches you in the face then kicks you in the feels over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just finished the whole show...

GOD DAMN! I think this is easily my favourite MarvelFlix show so far, just fantastic. I think Jon Berenthal deserves ALL THE AWARDS for his performance this season.

Acting was great, plot was solid, no frills, very little extraneous nonsense, action was excellent... Honestly, I may just be on the wrong end of a ~10 hour binge and my brain isn't working right, but I can't think of a single complaint I had for this show.

Also: Madani? SO HOT.
    Oh my god, never seen her before this.