Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Great adaptation I thought. I really enjoyed the whole series. And the "making of jigsaw" part actually made me feel something for movie violence again. Which doesn't ever happen really.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Great adaptation I thought. I really enjoyed the whole series. And the "making of jigsaw" part actually made me feel something for movie violence again. Which doesn't ever happen really.
    The lower amount of violence throughout the series almost made the ending seem much more brutal by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished watching it a few days ago. Overall, I was hoping for something more than what we got. The character needs to move past the revenge for his family being killed thing and get to why the Punisher has lasted as long as he has in the comics. I fear the reason why they decided to make Billy Russo a personal friend of Frank's and partially responsible for Frank's family's murder was so that next season, the Punisher starts his quest for vengeance all over again. When I read the Mike Zeck Punisher comics in the 1980s the character had already gotten his revenge and continued to be a self-appointed executioner because society wasn't doing enough to protect people from the baddest-of-the-bad.

Also, in this season, the Punisher gets shot several times, drugged, rendered unconscious, beaten to a pulp etc. The Punisher I prefer was the one that almost never got injured... because he was that good at what he did.

Also, he needed to wear the skull suit more. A lot more. He's just not the Punisher to me without it.

Bernthal was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Finished watching it a few days ago. Overall, I was hoping for something more than what we got. The character needs to move past the revenge for his family being killed thing and get to why the Punisher has lasted as long as he has in the comics. I fear the reason why they decided to make Billy Russo a personal friend of Frank's and partially responsible for Frank's family's murder was so that next season, the Punisher starts his quest for vengeance all over again. When I read the Mike Zeck Punisher comics in the 1980s the character had already gotten his revenge and continued to be a self-appointed executioner because society wasn't doing enough to protect people from the baddest-of-the-bad.

Also, in this season, the Punisher gets shot several times, drugged, rendered unconscious, beaten to a pulp etc. The Punisher I prefer was the one that almost never got injured... because he was that good at what he did.

Also, he needed to wear the skull suit more. A lot more. He's just not the Punisher to me without it.

Bernthal was outstanding.
    To me it wasn't surprising the story we got. Simply because each Marvel Netflix series Season 1 tends to focus on who they, what they are doing and them finding out about themselves and accepting their path. Frank's story fit that this season with him constantly battling reliving his family moments and at the end "letting them go". To him finishing off each person involved was his way of doing that. He mentions at the meeting too that it's the first time in his life he doesn't feel like he has a war to fight. This season was to finish all ties that he started in Daredevil and establish who he is.

If season 2 was to occur I'd imagine we'd dive more into the Punisher we all know. Granted I'm using DareDevil as a basis on how they are running the seasons, so we'll see for sure when other season 2's pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If season 2 was to occur I'd imagine we'd dive more into the Punisher we all know. Granted I'm using DareDevil as a basis on how they are running the seasons, so we'll see for sure when other season 2's pick up.
    What I'm concerned about (and not overly so, mind you) is that when Jigsaw appears later on, it's going to open that whole family vengeance wound up again and we'll get more of what we've already seen. Jigsaw in the comics was just some good-looking criminal that the Punisher threw face-first into a plate glass window (iirc). The comics Jigsaw was the living embodiment of why the Punisher kills his enemies rather than letting them live and that's it. The show not only made Jigsaw a fellow marine/comrade/friend, but also made him part of the plot to murder Castle's family... he's now a loose end.

What I'm concerned about (and not overly so, mind you) is that when Jigsaw appears later on, it's going to open that whole family vengeance wound up again and we'll get more of what we've already seen. Jigsaw in the comics was just some good-looking criminal that the Punisher threw face-first into a plate glass window (iirc). The comics Jigsaw was the living embodiment of why the Punisher kills his enemies rather than letting them live and that's it. The show not only made Jigsaw a fellow marine/comrade/friend, but also made him part of the plot to murder Castle's family... he's now a loose end.
    True. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I know Frank mentions that he didn't want to kill him and scar his pretty face to have as a constant reminder. They also mentioned in the hospital that he may not get his memory or all of it back. So they could possibly do something with him forgetting his marine days and goes more back to the comic style of his role in which Frank would have as a reason to go after him. If Jigsaw doesn't have a memory of what he did as a marine he can't use it as a constant reminder towards Frank.

Either way will be interesting to see how they go with it as while the season ended nicely and everything (in case there's no season 2) it also left possibilities open for next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Jigsaw doesn't have a memory of what he did as a marine he can't use it as a constant reminder towards Frank.
    Except Frank knows.

Except Frank knows.
    True, but I kind of feel like he let all of that go in their final encounter when he was telling his wife he's home now. A lot of this will depend on how they write Jigsaw next season. They can give him plenty of reasons for Frank to want to deal with him without using the family as a reason.

I also think Frank didn't kill him primarily because he wasn't directly involved in killing his family, but more so wanted to injure him due to the betrayal and dishonesty he had towards Frank with the entire situation. I feel like he's more that he was betrayed by one of the few people who he was suppose to be able to trust. Sure the family was a small part of it, but not entirely why.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but I kind of feel like he let all of that go in their final encounter when he was telling his wife he's home now.
    I hope you're right. I'd like you to be.

So many spoilers. I'm not a big comic book nerd, I loved the fuck out of this show. I liked the first Punisher film, the second one was really good too (just pretty generic), War Zone was bad and utterly forgettable. This show was great, my favorite Punisher iteration by far. I have nitpicks with it (why does Frank decide to let Micro be his "missile guidance system" immediately after a flashback where Frank followed orders from someone else instead of using his own logic and it got a shitload of soldiers killed? why was Micro queasy when Frank had to have an arrow pushed through his shoulder and then later stitches up Frank and talks about how he used to stitch up local animals and wanted to be a veterinarian as a kid?), but I still loved it. Thomas Jane's Punisher was way too much of a good guy. This Frank Castle has a lot more black in his shades of gray, and I appreciate that. He is, inherently, an anti-hero, and this one does some pretty bad fucking things inside and outside of his career as a criminal killer. I have no idea how a second season could work. Everyone in the fucking world knows his face now if they didn't before, so he can't be having a public crusade against Jigsaw. The ending also seemed to indicate that he was finally coming to terms with his trauma and trying to overcome it and connect with people again. I guess maybe Jigsaw can kill Micro or his family to set Frank off, but other than that, I can't imagine why Frank would put the vest back on ever again.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

This show may have just stolen the number 1 slot for me when it comes to the Marvel Netflix shows.

Damn that was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit, I finally dared watching it, has a few slow stages but it is a series, so it'll happen. Overall, it is quite good.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-12-13 at 11:02 AM.

Hell yes that's great news even though it was pretty certain it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hell yes that's great news even though it was pretty certain it would happen.
    True. Better to have official confirmation though.

True. Better to have official confirmation though.
    That's true, wonder if they continue with the jigsaw part or something new, and if micro are still in it, think they made a good little team. Karen better still be in it, i like her.

Deleted
    I hope they will use one of the Punisher MAX comic stories in Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The one with the Sex Trafficking Please.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Not surprised by the renewal. Not sure where they're going to go specifically. The finale had an unusually self-contained finish to the season. Russo aside, there's not really much room for a sequel or even the continuing adventures of Uncle Frank Shoots People.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I vote for The Slavers. Its extra bleak.

I just hope Season 2 is more interesting. The first one had superb acting and writing, but holy shit I found the story boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.