Soloing Kara chess event.

Has been a while since I did it so just wondering what's an optimal way to do it solo?

And yes I feel a bit embarrassed for not remembering

eh, BL with the king at the start and heal your units as prio while moving important pieces off of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    eh, BL with the king at the start and heal your units as prio while moving important pieces off of fire.
    Cool thanks mate. As I said I feel embarassed since it's been ages since I stepped in there. Going for that Pala T4

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually just pick the mage and shoot the warchief till he dies.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I usually just pick the mage and shoot the warchief till he dies.
    This. Though I nuke healers first, then warchief. Otherwise they heal him too often.

He said "paladin t4" so I guess you mean the OLD Karazhan and not the new dungeon? They are both soloable anyway

I usually just move the pawn right in front of the king one forward, and then just stay in the king, BL'ing as much as possible and cleaving anything that gets in range. Not sure if its the fastest method, but it definitely works everytime.

Bloodlust/heroism with your king right off bat. Then move pawns forward in front of knight closest to you, then king, then other knight. If time allows move rook that was closet into spot pawn was. I play Horde side only so knight is wolf, rook is demon. I am pretty sure you can easily identify who is your equivalent. When Medivh cheats move king or queen piece out of fire. If needed jump onto bishop to heal king. Try to aim slash align your queen with enemy king for ranged damage. Keep king up, and hopefully you get it in one go. Sometimes the RNG just hates your guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Has been a while since I did it so just wondering what's an optimal way to do it solo?

And yes I feel a bit embarrassed for not remembering
    Possess king. I can't seem to possess anything else from the get-go, and leaving the king tend to reset the fight (not always!).
    Move 2 forward.
    Kill anything in range (your king attack range is like 2 cells - and you hit everything in a cleave).
    Move right out of fire, and back, as necessary.
    Bloodlust whenever.

Win rate: 70%.
    It all depends on whether you are healed or not. Sometimes the healers decide to just pick their nose rather than heal me.
    It also takes a while. Boring as hell.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Wish they would make it like Ulduar siege weps, scale with ilvl. It's been 10 years already, just need it. Bloodrazor or whoever the fuck in BWL too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Unless it was fixed since 7.3. Last time I did it in 7.2.5 if you dismissed a chess piece, it vanished, making it impossible to complete the game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Use warchief and cleave everthing from spot you cant be hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Unless it was fixed since 7.3. Last time I did it in 7.2.5 if you dismissed a chess piece, it vanished, making it impossible to complete the game.
    I think if you leave piece by rightclick debuff the chess piece will not vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    He said "paladin t4" so I guess you mean the OLD Karazhan and not the new dungeon? They are both soloable anyway
    Not that hard to figure out, really. "Chess event", "paladin t4"...

I usually start by moving a few pieces ahead on the board, and then getting on the Warlock\Mage and spamming the healers and then the King, works 9/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Use warchief and cleave everthing from spot you cant be hit.
    I recommend against this strategy. Medivh tends to drop fire under your controlled piece, and if you're stuck in the king box with a piece in front of you, you're literally going to die from standing in fire.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I recommend against this strategy. Medivh tends to drop fire under your controlled piece, and if you're stuck in the king box with a piece in front of you, you're literally going to die from standing in fire.
    ofc you have to move if there is fire under you.

Deleted
    I first move out some pawns, at least the ones before king and queen. Then I usually take either the queen to kill healers and then the king, or go into king directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vVSvSLyg0

this is by far the easiest way to do it. I have never failed once after starting to use this way.

Get your aoe pieces out and closer to the center where you leave them, one or 2 steps diagonally each to aoe everything and act as decoys. After that you clear a space before the king ans queen to be able to move them around in case of fire. After this is done you can use either your king and lust/cleave for the rest of the time or your queen to take out opposing king or healers/king...doesn't really matter to be honest. You can alternatively control a healer and heal your aoe units after placing them nearer to the middle.

Just remember that the smart use of aoe guys for damage, decoys and heal soaking is key to one shotting this and every thing else is just tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vVSvSLyg0

this is by far the easiest way to do it. I have never failed once after starting to use this way.
    This isn't the original video I saw of this method, but it's the same thing. It works. 99% of the time you will win using this unless you screw it up somehow.