15+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Video shows childcare workers taunting, harassing child with autism

The Source

Authorities issued arrest warrants for two childcare workers accused of taunting, berating and throwing a backpack at an 8-year-old autistic boy.

According to Winter Haven police, the incident was captured in a three minute long Snapchat video on Sept. 1.

The video shows 26-year-old Kaderrica Smith and 20-year-old Alexus Henderson taunting, aggravating, yelling and even doing a leg sweep on the student at Our Children's Academy, police said.

Authorities say the boy, whose identity is not being released, is diagnosed with Autism, ADHD, ODD and severe outbursts. The boy is seen on the video crying and hiding underneath a table while Henderson and Smith harass him.

One of the workers throws shoes at the child while he is under the table, police say.

Officers say the child came from under the table and ran around the room. That's when officers said one of the workers grabbed his arms and did a leg sweep, causing the boy to fall on his back.

Authorities say the video shows the child reacting both verbally and physically.

Despite the abuse, police say the child did not require medical attention.

“These workers were supposed to be trained in how to handle children with behavioral issues,” said Chief Charlie Bird. “They are trained to deescalate situations, but that obviously did not happen.”

In an initial interview with the workers, both women told officers they felt they acted appropriately during the situation and didn't do anything wrong.

School officials say Henderson and Smith were immediately fired, and DCF placed a hold on their certificates so they could not be re-employed by any business working with children during the investigation.

DCF also spoke with the child in a separate interview on Sept. 15. Officials determined that both Henderson and Smith committed criminal acts in dealing with the child.

Police tried several times to locate Henderson and Smith with no success, which resulted in the warrants being issued for their arrests.

Officers say Smith faces charges of battery and child neglect. Henderson faces charges of child neglect.

Police ask that anyone with information on the whereabouts of either Henderson or Smith to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477). Callers can remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward.
    This shit just makes me sick to my stomach. I hope they throw the book at these bitches!

bad people do bad things. What are we to discuss here? Is this just meant to point fingers and shame them?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I taunt autistic children on these very forums every day.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    bad people do bad things. What are we to discuss here?
    What would you like to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is this just meant to point fingers and shame them?
    You don't think they deserve to be shamed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do this everyday.

I come home and point at my kids and say did you put your backpacks away?
    When they say no I then berate them with words about responsibilities and living in a clean house
    I then pick up the backpack and throw it at them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I do this everyday.

When they say no I then berate them with words about responsibilities and living in a clean house
    That's different. You're allowed to do that to your own kids. These women were paid to supposedly take care of this kid and they did this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, hope they get charged with assault, I am NOT ok with hitting children for any reason. The only thing that bullshit demonstrates is that you are cruel, and they are too weak to defend themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I do this everyday.

i make my kids walk to school up hill both ways and then trash them to sleep. Every. Day. Someones even twice a day.

In all seriousness, childcare, mental healthcare and elder care are RIFE with enormous and poorly regulated acts of abuse in the U.S.

Though the same organizations claiming religious benefits are especially egregious and unregulated.

That's what you get when you're trying to shove children with mental deviations into the daycares for normal children. They should be kept separately, under the supervision of professionals who are trained to deal with deviations.

Those involved should be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Not much more to say other than that!

Deleted
    26-year-old Kaderrica Smith and 20-year-old Alexus Henderson
    These names are so stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I taunt autistic children on these very forums every day.
    Damnit, beat me to it...

What kind of fucked up individual do you need to be to go into a childcare position and then abuse the children you're supposed to be helping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    What kind of fucked up individual do you need to be to go into a childcare position and then abuse the children you're supposed to be helping?
    Abuse is disturbingly common in all care positions.