Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    No, you're disputing the plainly written words of the article: "Obesity is a complex and chronic disease with many causes. It is not simply a result of overeating"

    Let's go back to the beginning on this, a guy made a perfectly ordinary observation about attraction. You had to jump in and be a hotshot. You've decided you are going to go around with me because I don't buy your claim:

    You haven't backed up that 0.01% claim, or any of the other supposed facts and figures you've been throwing around. You've essentially denied that there are various factors that go into obesity and instead made the claim that "they are just a lazy piece of crap with not a trace of willpower or self respect". I've produced a medical source that addresses your claim, you have not.
    There is several factors, but the genetic one is tiny - easily checkable by the FACTS that obesity rates have skyrocketed in less than two generations. The main ones are about WHAT you eat, HOW you eat, the amount and type of exercise you have and so on. All of which ARE factors that one is able to act upon (unlike genetics, which are something you just inherit and have no say in).

    So yeah, I rest my case, obesity is in the overwhelming majority of cases a question of behaviour, not genetics. None of the stuff you linked contradict it - it points at many factors, it says that genetics makes it harder/easier to lose weight, it describes how metabolism works, but it doesn't claim that genetics does the heavy lifting.
    And BTW, the beauty of science is precisely that it's not a holy word you have to mindlessly accept, it's knowledge that is to be checked and reviewed, and is only considered working if it actually fits reality, not the other way around. And obesity changing while lifestyle change is certainly a much more convincing argument than quoting articles that you didn't even managed to interpret correctly.

  2. #302
    Fluffy Kitten Wikiy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I would react with the same disgust if people had articles about how it's perfectly fine to fuck roadkills. What's there to get riled up about? They're just dead animals, they can't suffer more. Just fucking live and let live; It's none of your business.
    Well, exactly. If a guy wants to fuck a dead animal, I really don't give a single fuck. If he wants to fuck a live one, that's a different matter. Obese people, however, aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is several factors, but the genetic one is tiny - easily checkable by the FACTS that obesity rates have skyrocketed in less than two generations. The main ones are about WHAT you eat, HOW you eat, the amount and type of exercise you have and so on. All of which ARE factors that one is able to act upon (unlike genetics, which are something you just inherit and have no say in).

    So yeah, I rest my case, obesity is in the overwhelming majority of cases a question of behaviour, not genetics. None of the stuff you linked contradict it - it points at many factors, it says that genetics makes it harder/easier to lose weight, it describes how metabolism works, but it doesn't claim that genetics does the heavy lifting.
    And BTW, the beauty of science is precisely that it's not a holy word you have to mindlessly accept, it's knowledge that is to be checked and reviewed, and is only considered working if it actually fits reality, not the other way around. And obesity changing while lifestyle change is certainly a much more convincing argument than quoting articles that you didn't even managed to interpret correctly.
    Minor correction. Obesity rates are going up, but obesity by generation is decreasing. 18-25 is way down, 26-45 is down quite a bit, 45-65 is huge in a number of ways and getting worse, After 65 is a steep drop off in obesity for obvious reasons, but it's still higher than it had been. If the fat acceptance movement loses steam, which seems likely considering problems with stamina in the obese, this should all clear up in 20 years. Essentially, the generation that started having kids in the 70s were obese and raised obese children. Whether or not it's a coincidence, the first drive through opened up in 1975, the exact year that the uptick in obesity begins.

    All that said, respiration and digestive problems caused by pollution, mostly lead, have been sited as another possible reason for the obesity bloom. You can make rats fat by nudging their lead exposure up from the base line to about 5 times the baseline, or where it was in the 70s. Lead exposure maps also overlay nicely with obesity maps in the US at least.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This just in: Fattie doesn't want to admit to having a weight problem and won't seek help or do anything about it. Blames society for being a fatass even as a teenager.

    Pro tip, 'before you accuse me, take a look at yourself', as Eric Clapton once wrote.

    And yes, I am calling out all fat people, myself included.
    Well, something like that

  5. #305
    Banned adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    26,367
    Fit guy has fat fetish

  6. #306
    Old God
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    10,081
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fit guy has fat fetish
    More cushion for the pushin, more bounce per ounce

    Congrats to the 8 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  7. #307
    Banned adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    26,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    More cushion for the pushin, more bounce per ounce
    He's probably getting cock on the side

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Maybe you should consider starting a support group for yourself and like-minded individuals who find themselves in this predicament.
    I have. We have our meetings on Wednesdays.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So do you, from what I've seen you say on other occasions, mate.

    OT: Good for her. Responses to this thread were entirely as expected. But then again, I didn't expect much to begin with.
    Good that I'm losing weight then. 30 kilos in the last half year.

  9. #309
    And the couple got fired for posing for topless photos (the plus-size woman lost her bank job):

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/l...agement-photos

    Irony lol

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    And the couple got fired for posing for topless photos (the plus-size woman lost her bank job):

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/l...agement-photos

    Irony lol
    0_o

    Okay, THAT is ABSOLUTELY not okay though.
    WTF ?
    Since when a company is entitled to tell you what you do in your out-of-work time ? That's just insane.

    I hope she sues them into oblivion, and this time I'd be on her side.

    I'm still speechless about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •