Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

At this point, a drop of legendary per week should be guaranteed

At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Thoughts?
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    No thanks, sounds to be a lazy idea and would also have the thought of being more forced than an RNG hunt.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, that's the rate at which they drop if you're actually actively play the game: do relevant raiding content, run M+, hunt rares on Argus, do WQs, etc.

If you aren't doing any of those, you don't need legendaries to drop that often then...

Thoughts?
    I reroll when I get all legendaries for my class (only healing specs). Grinding for legendaries is the most fun in Legion. So no, I want it the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People were complaining that epics are basically mailed to you in previous expansions

Now you demand the same thing of legendaries?

I think I need to go counting my legendaries...10 classes at 110, with anything from 1-7 legendaries on each of my toons. It seems the drop rate is "appropriate"
    This thread should be ended right here with this counter argument. Not long ago 'welfare epics' where the topic of discussion and how they had 'ruined the game', now people want a free Legendary every week?

Nah dude.. why would Blizz want that? They want people coming back to the game now to struggle their asses off... catching up on the artifact, not having any legendries and even if they luckily get one - it won't be a good one, let's not forget faction reps.

If you really want to you get more than a legendary a week on average at this point. No real difference if you make it a guarantee

I definitely do think they should improve the chance at this point, people coming back to the game can catch up pretty well with everything except for legendaries which can still take you many months to get the bis, and that's if you grind a lot, most people don't really want to do every single raid and dungeon every week. Hell I've played my main since the start and I'm still missing 1 for my first offspec and everything outside of cross spec for my 2nd. Luckily the cross spec are bis which is why I haven't cared to farm everything, but I still do play a fair bit overall at a bit over 100 days played, I really can not imagine having to reroll/come back to the game at the moment and trying to do high end raiding without having really good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Nah dude.. why would Blizz want that? They want people coming back to the game now to struggle their asses off... catching up on the artifact, not having any legendries and even if they luckily get one - it won't be a good one, let's not forget faction reps.
    Catching up on artifact is still an issue? If your alt doesn't have concordence within the first hour of hit 110, you are doing something seriously wrong. Unless you want artifact lvl 65+ Soon as you hit max lvl in which case again, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

So far I received 3 legendaries in this expansion. Which is perfectly fine as I can only wear 2 anyway.. so didn't even need that 3rd one anymore..

It pretty much is if you run alot of Legendary eligible content over the course of a week.

I am a little salty about the fact that out of the two legendaries I have yet to get on my mainspec my best in slot is one of them >.>

Id rather they just let us hunt for the legendaries we actualy want instead of it being a crapshoot as to whether you can compete with lucky mcscrub who got both bis legendaries on his first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    This thread should be ended right here with this counter argument. Not long ago 'welfare epics' where the topic of discussion and how they had 'ruined the game', now people want a free Legendary every week?
    Instead of comparing legendaries to other gear, you should compare them to talents. And alts which are only able to choose from 0-2/14 talents have a serious problem.

I'm confident Blizz will address this issue in 7.3.5 so old characters have a headstart into the new raid but fresh 110s are able to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Catching up on artifact is still an issue? If your alt doesn't have concordence within the first hour of hit 110, you are doing something seriously wrong. Unless you want artifact lvl 65+ Soon as you hit max lvl in which case again, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    You're so full of shit I had to wash my monitor.

1 hour isn't even enough to unlock argus. Unlocking concordance costs a total of 2,228,766,330 AP. That's 2.2 billion, even with AK boost every week it'll still take a long time before your statement becomes true. Last I checked my biggest accessible AP token was around 200m. That's 11 mythic dungeons in an hour to collect concordance. Or 5 min 45 seconds per run.

7+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    Yeah, it would be great if things were like that >< But Blizzard appereantly are so dedicated to their insane RNG model of legendaries, that we will still see this high difference in how fast some players get their legendary. Just today, new lvl 110 only had to do 2 heroic dungeons, 3 LFR wings and a single emissary chest to get 1 legendary.. Last 110 i made less then 2 months ago took nearly 18 days of moderate gameplay to get its first one.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week.
    You already have that IF you play the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Retak View Post
    Instead of comparing legendaries to other gear, you should compare them to talents. And alts which are only able to choose from 0-2/14 talents have a serious problem.

I'm confident Blizz will address this issue in 7.3.5 so old characters have a headstart into the new raid but fresh 110s are able to catch up.
    Pretty much this. It's "fine" on mains now because we have all our legendaries, basically. On alts you're at a significant disadvantage thanks to legendaries, especially if you get fucked and get something like Prydaz + another shared class legendary as your first 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're so full of shit I had to wash my monitor.

1 hour isn't even enough to unlock argus. Unlocking concordance costs a total of 2,228,766,330 AP. That's 2.2 billion, even with AK boost every week it'll still take a long time before your statement becomes true. Last I checked my biggest accessible AP token was around 200m. That's 11 mythic dungeons in an hour to collect concordance. Or 5 min 45 seconds per run.
    An hour might be slightly unrealistic, but you can easily get it within 2-3 hours from WQs/story quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    So far I received 3 legendaries in this expansion. Which is perfectly fine as I can only wear 2 anyway.. so didn't even need that 3rd one anymore..
    Good for you that you only do content where it doesn't matter, but other people do content where having legendaries to swap between is a big deal(basically extra talents)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I definitely do think they should improve the chance at this point, people coming back to the game can catch up pretty well with everything except for legendaries which can still take you many months to get the bis, and that's if you grind a lot, most people don't really want to do every single raid and dungeon every week. Hell I've played my main since the start and I'm still missing 1 for my first offspec and everything outside of cross spec for my 2nd. Luckily the cross spec are bis which is why I haven't cared to farm everything, but I still do play a fair bit overall at a bit over 100 days played, I really can not imagine having to reroll/come back to the game at the moment and trying to do high end raiding without having really good luck.
    Yeah, it's about time they up the buff to the first few legendaries from the first 2 to the first maybe 4, and make shared-spec ones have a seperate counter, as well as an across the board buff to legendary droprates.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It's pretty awful that one person can level a new char, get good legendarys straight away, then another person has to grind for months to be in the same position.

I had ridiculous luck on my mage. First legendary was frost bracers, swapped loot spec to arcane and got the legs, swapped to fire and got the bracers then swapped back to frost and got the gloves (this is before the thermal void change). Then on my shaman I didn't get BiS until my 10th legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    It's pretty awful that one person can level a new char, get good legendarys straight away, then another person has to grind for months to be in the same position.

I had ridiculous luck on my mage. First legendary was frost bracers, swapped loot spec to arcane and got the legs, swapped to fire and got the bracers then swapped back to frost and got the gloves (this is before the thermal void change). Then on my shaman I didn't get BiS until my 10th legendary.
    Yup, it's absurd. Both my warlocks got quite lucky(Horde one got Aff cloak, Aff ring, Demo bracers, Demo shoulders, Alliance got Aff belt, Aff bracers, Demo shoulders, Demo head), meanwhile my Alliance priest got Prydaz+Soul as its first 2 and my monk got Sephuz. The cross-spec BLP bonus just helps lucky characters get even luckier, nothing more. Unlucky characters can still get their BiS legendaries last.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-17 at 12:16 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU