Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No mention of artifacts being gone yet

What do you guys think about this?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Will lose them either in pre-launch or start of next xpac. Prob find out at blizzcon.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

8.0 there's going to be a stat squish along with the artifacts being disabled

I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Either means there is nothing datamined, or it can't be found. We're to lose them but don't know when.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I hope they change their minds and we keep them moving forward.

It was one thing to lose them to super powered alien weapons on other planets. It will be dumb to have them out shined by some random south sea pirate who dropped a toothpick that is now a dagger.
    Why? it was a ridicluous and patronizing aspect they implemented to the game. Makes no sense lore wise or just plain logic wise. How the he'll are a bunch of shamans running around with doomhammers. Makes no sense. Not only that but having to grind a resource to make your wep strong is redundant. The only thing i like from the artifact weps are the relics. They could keep that with future weapons but that's it.

We'll see ap is some form next xpac not sure about weapons or anything but ap Im pretty sure will return.

There will be no quest, no glamorous sacrifice to give back the artifacts.

First 8.0 Quest will just give us ilvl 1500 weapon that blows the artifact out of water, after which we will vendor them for 15G.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Why? it was a ridicluous and patronizing aspect they implemented to the game. Makes no sense lore wise or just plain logic wise. How the he'll are a bunch of shamans running around with doomhammers. Makes no sense. Not only that but having to grind a resource to make your wep strong is redundant. The only thing i like from the artifact weps are the relics. They could keep that with future weapons but that's it.
    How does it make no sense lore wise? Lore wise there's only one Shaman with it. Same with the other weapons, "lore wise" there is only one person with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    How does it make no sense lore wise? Lore wise there's only one Shaman with it. Same with the other weapons, "lore wise" there is only one person with it.
    ^ this. Gameplay and Story Segregation. Think of it like this: your class quests, your class hall, your artefact...it's a single/solo player kind of thing.

Of course, it's also an MMO. Which means everyone gets one, obviously. Lore wise I'm sure there's only one Thunderfury, one Sulfuras, one set of Warglaives, etc...in game, hundreds of thousands of players have them.

It's not that hard to wrap your head around, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    you make it sound like we got info of anythin about the next xpac
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I keep saying the same thing over and over - we probably won't be losing artifact weapons even though the devs mentioned we would way back towards the beginning of Legion. Things change - they've contradicted themselves on different systems/mechanics numerous times in the past.

I think we'll be "reforging" them or something into different weapons which will allow classes/specs to not be bound to one type of weapon like they are now - ie spriests and daggers, hpals and 2h/tome, etc. Perhaps at the end of Legion, we tap into their power and they get drained/damaged or something which would open up the possibility of them being reforged, etc. I definitely don't think we'll be going back to regular weapon drops in the next xpac.

How the he'll are a bunch of shamans running around with doomhammers.
    How is that any different from any other weapon (or piece of gear)? How the hell was 30% of the raiding base running around with Edict of Argus last expansion?

The actual artifact weapon will not carry over into the next expansion. Of course they aren't taking it in a patch during this one because well.. you need the weapon for this expansion. They aren't going to take it away in 7.3.5 and everyone just fists the bosses in the new raid. But you better believe that the AP system will translate into something else in the next expansion. Probly not exactly how it is now but a system of earning a drop that gives points you put into something to unlock something will be there. Blizzard usually never totally ditches systems like that an expansion later. But they also almost always change them up a good bit. Often for the better. Good example was the much hated garrison and morphing into the more ok-ish class hall.

Did I miss BlizzCon 2017?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will remove them; firstly because they are leaving artifact appearances in, with the exception of a couple, and secondly because removing them when you need to level with them from 100 to 110 is kinda problematic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    8.0 there's going to be a stat squish along with the artifacts being disabled
    no. they just won't be as effective past level 110. they will still be the go to weapon for timewalking Legion and below

Artifact progress flattened in an early quest. Made into a talent choice system. Everybody will pick the same talents.

How did a bunch of people have Shadowmourne or Gorehowl?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The actual artifact weapon will not carry over into the next expansion. Of course they aren't taking it in a patch during this one because well.. you need the weapon for this expansion. They aren't going to take it away in 7.3.5 and everyone just fists the bosses in the new raid. But you better believe that the AP system will translate into something else in the next expansion. Probly not exactly how it is now but a system of earning a drop that gives points you put into something to unlock something will be there. Blizzard usually never totally ditches systems like that an expansion later. But they also almost always change them up a good bit. Often for the better. Good example was the much hated garrison and morphing into the more ok-ish class hall.
    That's halfway why I think they'll just keep them. Artifacts were "Draenor Perks" essentially that just lasted the whole expansion. Why would they go back to something like that when there's a system in place already that they seem very fine with? If anything I could see the artifacts being reset on entry into the new expansion during some quest like the Dalaran teleport quest. Maybe something related to the hole in Silithus drains the artifacts, but also alters them and we are trying to power them up again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to start getting weapons again, but I'd also like a version of the artifact tree baked into our characters. That way, we aren't tied to one weapon for the whole expansion and we can still have a form of continuing progression if we choose to go for it. I really wouldn't mind artifacts continuing if they opened up transmog options to more types. Its frustrating to have something like 400 weapon transmogs, yet only be able to choose from 70 of them.

removed no.... something done to make them not function after lvl 110 most likely.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22