Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Xe'ra seems to be an outlier because she's the only one we've seen who doesn't profess the beliefs of a Shadow Cultist.
    You could say she's a Light Supremacist.

Well, i guess that means we were right about the Light not being all lollipops and sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Go to jail.
    *does not pass go, does not collect 400 Gold*

10+ Year Old Account
    *does not pass go, does not collect 400 Gold*
    Isn't it supposed to be 200 gold? Have i played this game wrong all my life?! I EVEN HAVE A WOW BASED MONOPOLY! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Deleted
    Just amazing.

Some of my favourite lines came in the last part.

'The light seeks one path and shuns all others as lies. The shadow seeks every possible path and sees them all as truth'
    'She saw herself kneeling before the one who slumbers beneath Azeroths waves'
    'She knew how to command the final death.'

Question: Who was speaking to Alleria saying, 'Because they are not free...' at around 37m on part 2?

Edit: I wish they audio drama went into the circumstances that led to Lights Heart being sent to Azeroth. I'm not entirely sure what the situation is with that and why it was done.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-09-22 at 08:43 PM.

Well, i guess that means we were right about the Light not being all lollipops and sunshine.
    Well, that's kind of the thing. The Cult of Forgotten Shadow was deemed heretical by the Church of the Holy Light, and yet their beliefs were practically identical to those we've seen from every friendly Naaru faction. The friendly Naaru tell us that Void is just as vital to reality as Light, that they're two sides of the same coin, and balance is necessary. When we want help harnessing the Void, or want to study it, they have absolutely no arguments whatsoever. The Draenei have a long history of Shadow Priests under the Naaru and have been studying the Void at Netherlight Temple for ages.

This is more in line with the Cult of Forgotten Shadow than any Church dedicated to the Holy Light has ever been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Just amazing.

'The light seeks one path and shuns all others as lies. The shadow seeks every possible path and sees them all as truth'
    When i heard the "command the final death" thing, it makes me quite interested if that may come into play when she meets Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I understood the "command the final death" part as simply meaning she knew how to perma-kill demons, as this line had been used during the fight with the Eredar assasin (if I'm not mistaken).
    That makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I understood the "command the final death" part as simply meaning she knew how to perma-kill demons, as this line had been used during the fight with the Eredar assasin (if I'm not mistaken).
    Realy?
    First thought was ilgynoth quote tbf...
    It all makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be 200 gold? Have i played this game wrong all my life?! I EVEN HAVE A WOW BASED MONOPOLY! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!
    There's various versions with different values, though everything else is scaled by the same value, so ultimately, it changes nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It's cool how his comparison literally describes what Light and Void are all about.

Light sticks to dogmas, one ultimate truth, which's common viewpoint in majority of religions, and at the same time refuses all the others.
    Void embraces all the possibilities which can pretty easily be associated with madness. Just tying to imagine something infinite makes you feel a little mad

Really shows why there needs to be balance between stagnancy of the Light and ever-motioness of the Void.
    I believe that the Void is stagnant, in fact. The Light believes in one truth. That means that it can define a path, that it can see the obstacles before it, devise a plan of action and act. Whereas the Void seeks all paths and considers them all true. Where to go, then? What is your goal? How will you reach it through all this mirk? Since some possibilities contradict themselves by essence, you end up destroying what you did before. You try everything and end up achieving nothing. The Void is mad and sterile. The Void is both chaos and death.

Now what does that mean for Xe'ra and A'dal, who have apparently opposing views on Illidan. Well, they may have different goals and thus different paths. They are not the Light, they are beings of Light. They may hold to different views, and set on different paths. Maybe one of them is wrong. Maybe both are. Being good does not automatically mean being right. And yes, I still believe the Light is good. Life and order remains better than chaos and death.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

So apparently Locus-Walker is a powerful ethereal and master of the Void, yet completely free of its grasp. The Burning Legion lost countless lives trying to capture him. Lothraxion even died to him. Also, Wielding the Void creates a hunger for more power. Once you start using the Shadow, you will belong to the Shadow.

If Locus-walker is really free of the void grasp, do it means that the flesh beings are more susceptible to its influence than an "energy being" like the ethereals?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Just amazing.

Question: Who was speaking to Alleria saying, 'Because they are not free...' at around 37m on part 2?

Edit: I wish they audio drama went into the circumstances that led to Lights Heart being sent to Azeroth. I'm not entirely sure what the situation is with that and why it was done.
    I don't think it was any thing specific or significant. More or less the amalgamation of the Void just whispering half truths to her?

That was around the time in the audio drama where they began to speak about the perspective about both Light and Shadow, and how each views the other as the enemy and how both are not 100% good (Light) or 100% evil (Shadow).

Very interesting as well as how she was being shown a "possible future" where she becomes an agent of the Void and there was that quote of her "kneeling before the one who slumbers beneath the waves" and I marked out. Direct reference to N'Zoth that also solidifies he is in fact underneath the ocean?

But then it said she "took its place" and I came back to sad, cold realization.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    So apparently Locus-Walker is a powerful ethereal and master of the Void, yet completely free of its grasp. The Burning Legion lost countless lives trying to capture him. Lothraxion even died to him. Also, Wielding the Void creates a hunger for more power. Once you start using the Shadow, you will belong to the Shadow.

If Locus-walker is really free of the void grasp, do it means that the flesh beings are more susceptible to its influence than an "energy being" like the ethereals?
    in a way i'd say so but not because of that. its noot because they are flesh, but because mortal beings have lust, their fear of dying lets them give to hedonism. they experience pain. this makes them suspectable to anything that suggests increased pleasure, or less pain, or immortality.

creatures without such trouble would have less to tempt them
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I believe that the Void is stagnant, in fact. The Light believes in one truth. That means that it can define a path, that it can see the obstacles before it, devise a plan of action and act. Whereas the Void seeks all paths and considers them all true. Where to go, then? What is your goal? How will you reach it through all this mirk?
    Isn't the answer to that obvious? You go where you want, and fuck everyone else. You do it for what you want, and fuck everyone else. How do you reach it? Whichever way you want to, and fuck everyone else. All goals are equally valid. All methods of achieving them are equally valid. There is no wrong choice. The Void is amoral to an obscene extreme, but it does have a general direction that prevents it from becoming stagnant.

Whichever path it takes, it'll always aim for more. Not less. It wouldn't be wrong to aim for less, but it would rather take more. And more. And more. How it achieves that is by whichever path seems the most convenient. Any will do. The Void has always been able to construct elaborate plans, but it's not too tied down by any one of them. The Hour of Twilight with Deathwing failed, so just toss that down the drain and find another plan. You've got backups. Thousands of Plan Bs. They're all acceptable and true paths to success. If the Emerald Nightmare doesn't pan out, you switch on to Azshara. If Azshara doesn't work, maybe you've got a plan to raise your buddy C'thun. You've got options. All the options in the world.

That is why Xal'atath is so quick to change strategies from raising Zakajz for the Twilight Cult to consuming him for the player. Both paths are true to her. Both will accomplish her goals. Neither choice is more right or wrong than the other. There is no need to be consistent in action, there is no need to not abandon one path for another if a better one turns up.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-23 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I believe that the Void is stagnant, in fact. The Light believes in one truth. That means that it can define a path, that it can see the obstacles before it, devise a plan of action and act. Whereas the Void seeks all paths and considers them all true. Where to go, then? What is your goal? How will you reach it through all this mirk? Since some possibilities contradict themselves by essence, you end up destroying what you did before. You try everything and end up achieving nothing. The Void is mad and sterile. The Void is both chaos and death.
    The opposite. The Light is stagnant. It only knows one path, one direction. It does not understand change. The Void can see obstacles on a path, and choose a different one if it is better suited. The Light only sees its one path, and must punch through.

Seeing all paths doesn't mean following them. The Void offers choice whereas the Light limits you to its own Vision of how things should be.

Where to go? Wherever you want. Make your own goals, forge your own path. That is the way of the Void. And sometimes you do need to destroy something you created to move forward. That is not always a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    I don't think so. He's pretty clear on his fellow Ethereals being rather disappointing students, and Alleria being one of his best. He also mentions that controlling the Void requires a strong will.

Its a very VERY boring idea at this point to say the light isn't necessarily good and the void isn't necessarily evil because it was JUST extensively covered in the Diablo 3 storyline. We JUST did that. All of it. Who wants to rehash it all? Its like getting orcs and enemies for 4 xpacs in a row. Could we mix it up a little?

Although the theory that the Diablo universe and Warcraft universe are linked somehow in the same universe does get more merit with this news. But still.....BOOOOORRRINNNNGGG.

Absolutely the worst direction they could've taken the lore. Just do something DIFFERENT.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its a very VERY boring idea at this point to say the light isn't necessarily good and the void isn't necessarily evil because it was JUST extensively covered in the Diablo 3 storyline. We JUST did that. All of it. Who wants to rehash it all? Its like getting orcs and enemies for 4 xpacs in a row. Could we mix it up a little?

Although the theory that the Diablo universe and Warcraft universe are linked somehow in the same universe does get more merit with this news. But still.....BOOOOORRRINNNNGGG.

Absolutely the worst direction they could've taken the lore. Just do something DIFFERENT.
    As much of a fan as I am about the lore in WoW and where it's going, I agree with you.

In the past 5 years we have seen the overlap between lore elements in Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo universes. I understand that Blizzard loves to take things from one game and put it into another, but this overlap is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    As much of a fan as I am about the lore in WoW and where it's going, I agree with you.

In the past 5 years we have seen the overlap between lore elements in Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo universes. I understand that Blizzard loves to take things from one game and put it into another, but this overlap is ridiculous.
    What overlap? That their 'verses share the feature of not being black and white good vs. evil stories? That's not a whole lot. And Diablo still has relatively clear cut sides on that. WoW has always been more gray and grey than Diablo, that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You do realize stories can be told with vaguely similar themes that are actually completely different in execution, right? Everyone thought Illidan was going to become Kerrigan. He didn't. This seems more about different ways of looking at the world, and all the different paths those approaches can take.