Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

bitcoin price manipulation

every day every 5h another stupid news story that says bad things about bitcoin than the price drops after 20-40 min of that story stupid things like peoples opinion on it

Well, it's nothing more than a pyramid scheme, so it's not a matter of "if" it is manipulated and collapses, but "when" it's going to happen.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pay attention to quite a few different news sources and very rarely see any stories about bitcoin. Sources for your claims?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    every day every 5h another stupid news story that says bad things about bitcoin than the price drops after 20-40 min of that story stupid things like peoples opinion on it
    All "bad news stories" about bitcoin say basically the same thing. It's an unprotected currency, doesn't have real market penetration yet, and is wrought with fraud and people trying to get over.
    It's all true. They aren't lying, no one is accusing bitcoin of rape. But every couple of months an exchange gets shut down, people lose money. Prices fluctuate drastically etc... And one of the biggest issues with bitcoin is how much people hoard it.

There really is nothing to discuss with bitcoin, it's in its infancy and going through teething issues. It may survive to adult hood, or the elders might take it and toss it off a cliff as an undesirable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I pay attention to quite a few different news sources and very rarely see any stories about bitcoin. Sources for your claims?
    type bitcoin on google .....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it's nothing more than a pyramid scheme, so it's not a matter of "if" it is manipulated and collapses, but "when" it's going to happen.
    yea but that fuk banker said bad things about bitcoin than he both bitcoin for hes hes friends when price dropped

type bitcoin on google .....

- - - Updated - - -

yea but that fuk banker said bad things about bitcoin than he both bitcoin for hes hes friends when price dropped
    You are making no sense at all. Try again.

Deleted
    You are making no sense at all. Try again.
    google this Jamie Dimon's Bitcoin Comments Accused as Market Abuse in Sweden

google this Jamie Dimon's Bitcoin Comments Accused as Market Abuse in Sweden
    Well, he's not wrong. It is a pyramid scheme, that's the entire point of the design. It's a regressive asymptotic curve on the supply side, all based around time of entry into the market. The demand is mostly pushed by those who are attempting to be the suppliers, yet there is very little actual consumer demand for the product to justify the current value.

Dimon may be an elitist scumbag, but he is right about bitcoin. Some people will make a lot of money, but most people will lose their asses on it.

Deleted
    Well, he's not wrong. It is a pyramid scheme, that's the entire point of the design. It's a regressive asymptotic curve on the supply side, all based around time of entry into the market. The demand is mostly pushed by those who are attempting to be the suppliers, yet there is very little actual consumer demand for the product to justify the current value.

Dimon may be an elitist scumbag, but he is right about bitcoin. Some people will make a lot of money, but most people will lose their asses on it.
    dude he both bitcoin after the price dropped because of hes comments

You apparently don't know what a pyramid scheme is.

No, his company is continuing to fill orders for the customers who request it. There's a difference.

Deleted
    No, his company is continuing to fill orders for the customers who request it. There's a difference.
    more orders more money for jimmy same thing if he buys for hes best friend same thing

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    You apparently don't know what a pyramid scheme is.
    Well, one of the most famous banking managers in the country agrees with me, so I've got that going for me.

- - - Updated - - -

more orders more money for jimmy same thing if he buys for hes best friend same thing
    Once again, your comment doesn't make any sense.

If a customer wants to buy a bad stock with his own money, an investment manager won't (and can't) usually stop them. People are allowed to make their own choices in life.

Read the article, and the original for it, IE Dimon saying it's a fraud. He's not wrong. Also what you are talking about with someone reporting Dimon to the Swedish FCC, who cares. I know Dimon doesn't. He didn't say anything more damaging than what most people think about bitcoin.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds a lot like you aren't sure what bitcoin/cryptocurrency is, and are just tired of hearing news about it.

Read the actual news articles instead of complaining that theres 'lots of news' about it, and most of that will make sense.

The past 6 months have been very volatile, both up and down, for bitcoin and other cryptos, for very, very specific reasons. It's just a "lol its weird but nobody understands it" thing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I'm pretty happy with the Bitcoin I bought in 2013 at $650. If you day trade, only sadness awaits, just buy and hodl for a few years.

same thing happens to stocks, a common phrase for this is "Short and Distort"

you sell some stock (basic idea, shorting is a bit more complicated), then get bad press out about the stock, value goes down, buy back the stock.

here it is in bitcoin, sell some coin, publish a negative article, value goes down, buy back your coin , profit.

stocks are regulated, often times you'll see at the bottom of articles if the writer has a position in the stock they are talking about. bitcoins not so much.

Bitcoin is regulated about as well as the English language in this thread.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It sounds a lot like you aren't sure what bitcoin/cryptocurrency is, and are just tired of hearing news about it.

Read the actual news articles instead of complaining that theres 'lots of news' about it, and most of that will make sense.

The past 6 months have been very volatile, both up and down, for bitcoin and other cryptos, for very, very specific reasons. It's just a "lol its weird but nobody understands it" thing.
    yea but the price drops just after the bad storys

Not sure where you're from, I think people are getting confused because you're saying "both" instead of "bought"
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__