10+ Year Old Account

Came back after a long break... No clue at all anymore

So i just came back and i used to play Control Warrior and Echo of Medivh mage. Sadly both of them don't work at normal ranked anymore.
    I wondered if there is anything similar left? Kinda those decks were the ones i loved most and i tried to make a normal version of it that fits in ranked but you miss so much cards.

Any cool decks out there still? Have a quite hard time figuring out a good deck since all the cards i used to know are blocked in ranked :/

EDIT: I kinda prefer mage and warrior overall.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2017-09-21 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Mage exists in four different flavours at the moment. All are pretty reliant on specific cards:

1) Quest Mage. Quests are a new type of card added in the second-latest expansion (Ungoro). They are 1mana spells that are always offered in your initial mulligan, that have effects when you meet particular requirements. For mage, the quest is to cast six spells that did not start in your deck (that is, spells generated from other cards). When the condition is met, the mage gets a card added to their hand called Time Warp, which is a 5mana base spell that when played allows the mage to take another turn immediately after that one. The idea with this deck is to get to a point where you can play Sorcerers Apprentice x 2, cast Molten Reflection x 2 on them (spell that copies a friendly minion) then play Time Warp for 1mana. When the next turn immediately starts, you play Antonidas and any spell left in hand to generate a 0-mana Fireball. You then have infinite 0-mana Fireballs to burn your opponent with that turn.

2) DK Mage (freeze) - a variant of the old Freeze mage, but with addition of the new Death Knight card from the latest expansion. There is one DK card per class, that transforms your hero (kinda like Jaraxxus) and gives you 5 armor, as well as doing something that turn. For mage, the DK is 9mana, summons a Water Elemental, modifies your Hero Power to be "if it kills a target, summon a Water Elemental" and also gives all the mages Elemental minions (a new minion type added in Ungoro) Lifesteal - that is, damage dealt by that minion also heals your face. The extra Water Ele spawns from this are surprisingly obnoxious, but otherwise has few actual Elementals in the deck

3) DK mage (tempo) - also utilise the new DK, but with more focus on quality minions and Elemental synergy. Too much to go into detail, but look up Servant Of Kalimos, Blazecaller, Pyros. Once the DK is played it becomes an absolute monster that stays basically at full health forever. In addition, Baron Geddon has been reclassed as Elemental, and his effect procs Lifesteal from every hit (so if there's five other minions on board, Geddon damages your face for 2 then heals it for 14). This is incidently my favourite mage deck.

4) Secret Mage - this is a burn deck. It aims to control you with Secrets while building big Mana Wyrms for early pressure, dropping cheap 5/5s in the mid-late game, putting up Medivh then finishing you with nukes. You've probably seen something like it previously with Etherial Conjurors.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Warrior - Control Warrior as you know it is dead. The latest version of it to come out was Quest Warrior (which is based around taunt minions) but it doesn't quite compete any more. At the moment, you play one of two Warrior decks if you wanna be "meta":

1) Pirate Warrior. Hyper aggro. Win by turn 6 or dead, basically. It's also a super cheap deck dust-wise

2) Fatigue Warrior. Built around two new cards - Dead Mans Hand (shuffles a copy of your current hand into your deck) and Bring It On (gain 10 armour, reduce cost of minions in your opponents hand by 2). The rest of the deck is Armorsmiths, card draw inc Coldlight Oracles, and board control including the Warrior DK (8mana, equip a 4/3 weapon that also damages adjacent targets, change Hero Power to a 2mana Whirlwind). The idea is to draw out your deck then continuously shuffle Oracles, Executes, Bring It On and Dead Mans Hand to build asstons of armor while you fatigue your opponent.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    But can i play any legit decks (even those you mentioned) while not having any new cards? Like i haven't done any new expansion things. I left off at like... Goblins and Gnomes or the one after that idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    But can i play any legit decks (even those you mentioned) while not having any new cards? Like i haven't done any new expansion things. I left off at like... Goblins and Gnomes or the one after that idk.
    not really new xpac added lots more powerful cards, without them you'll be extremely limited deckwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    not really new xpac added lots more powerful cards, without them you'll be extremely limited deckwise.
    Can i get them without spending money? Because if not, then i probably quit again. I aint giving Blizzard 1 euro anymore.

Can i get them without spending money? Because if not, then i probably quit again. I aint giving Blizzard 1 euro anymore.
    yeh the usual way to get cards craft them with a ton of dust.

you can DE all your wild cards if you want to craft new ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh the usual way to get cards craft them with a ton of dust.
    I got 2 fully golden decks from 2015 still. total of like 15 golden legendaries. I guess this will be fine? :P
    I kinda dont wanna waste them on a shit deck though, even though it's an outdated deck.

Edit: Old SS from my control warrior that i still have:
    https://imgur.com/Yiwh1cd
    https://imgur.com/f9A6CCN
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2017-09-22 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the term is "You're screwed". Either donate Blizzard the cost of a brand new bicycle for virtual cards or DE all your Wilds and start saving.

Just do what every other free player does and play budget decks until you rebuild your collection. If you can't stick that then I guess you just have to quit and stop complaining about it.

Deleted
    Every deck is pretty costly, it seems to be a thing now with each expansion. Decks require epics and legends.

I did play rank again this season. Not sure why was just gonna try a few games ended up playing to rank 5 and max gold earn for the first time ever. Had a lot of fun playing a secret mage deck with DK Jaina. Secret mage is probably one of the cheaper ones, though it does have newer 4 epics.

Kripp made this a couple days ago about New or Returning players; not caught up with the collection of the latest expansion.

Copy a deck from Hearthpwn, queue matchmaking, flip a coin to see who wins. Or you could just flip a coin in real life and get the same experience. Hearthstone is only fun during the discovery phase of each expansion which only lasts a few days. Once it's figured out and you try to take it seriously in any capacity it becomes pretty awful.

I got 2 fully golden decks from 2015 still. total of like 15 golden legendaries. I guess this will be fine? :P
    I kinda dont wanna waste them on a shit deck though, even though it's an outdated deck.

You could always play Wild :P

But no seriously, dusting your Wild cards is probably good advice if you want to make a more modern deck. Some of them are relatively cheap. Also make sure you do the ICC quests to get a free Hero legendary. Might get a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    As for Warrior - Control Warrior as you know it is dead. The latest version of it to come out was Quest Warrior (which is based around taunt minions) but it doesn't quite compete any more. At the moment, you play one of two Warrior decks if you wanna be "meta":
    I dunno, I've been playing my Quest Warrior from last season and honestly it's doing about the same. Maybe a bit worse now that Druids are more BS OP than ever, but that affects pretty much every deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There is not a single deck you can't craft with 24,000 dust if you're willing to DE stuff.

There is also budget decks if you don't want to DE your collection, you could play a low cost deck and substitute more powerful cards that you have in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    There is not a single deck you can't craft with 24,000 dust if you're willing to DE stuff.

There is also budget decks if you don't want to DE your collection, you could play a low cost deck and substitute more powerful cards that you have in.
    Yep, there's always 'good' budget decks which will get you well on the way to ranking up.

Midrange Hunter is back in fashion and you don't 'need' any legendaries for it, although the hunter hero card gives you gas in mid-late game.
    The current tempo rogue uses 1-3 legendaries (Prince 2, Patches and Leeroy, and you can then chop and change it as needed).

Even Zoo is back as well.

Heck, one of the BEST cards in the lastest expansion is Bonemare, and thats a common.

Can you make 'every' classes best deck. No, but you can make feasible decks which perform ok.