Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't understand how you read what he said, then you proceed to say something completely different and act as if they're the same thing. Words have meaning, please stop pretending they mean whatever you want them to mean.

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies,we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,"

I'm not sure what else you could get from that. But out of curiosity, what do you understand from the bolded part.

The whole sentence is a bit strange. I could understand if he said something like "we will defend ourselves to the fullest if we are attacked" or some such, but he's basically said he intends to commit genocide in self defense... ?!

I guess the obvious argument is he didn't actually mean he'd totally destroy North Korea, but then he should have picked his words better in such an important speech, so really who knows what he meant.

Deleted
    "surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."

I got no idea why, but this made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    "The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies,we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,"

I'm not sure what else you could get from that. But out of curiosity, what do you understand from the bolded part.
    This might be a culture clash for you since you're used to shitposting on the internet rather than international diplomacy, but the thing is that's not the part of the sentence that stands out in bold on the world stage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat Boy is a horrible person and deserves to knocked down but that troll game is strong.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

So you just stopped reading at that part of the sentence? That explains it, you're just pretending that "totally destroy North Korea" isn't part of the sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So you just stopped reading at that part of the sentence? That explains it, you're just pretending that "totally destroy North Korea" isn't part of the sentence.
    So.... its a "if you attack us we will respond" threat? Do we agree on that?

President Dotard, use your best 140 characters to defeat Rocket man! You have the best words, President Dotard!

Deleted
    I like how Kim has better english than donny. He should get twitter and troll him. Dotard is some next level shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.... its a "if you attack us we will respond" threat? Do we agree on that?
    Do you not understand what war crimes are or do you just not care that the POTUS threatened to commit war crimes with his threat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Do you not understand what war crimes are or do you just not care that the POTUS threatened to commit war crimes with his threat?
    Trump also threatened to commit war crimes, so what's new?

If only Obama had something about Korea instead of paying Ransom to terroristic countries to IRAN. He probably thought NKorea was the JV Team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    If only Obama had something about Korea instead of paying Ransom to terroristic countries to IRAN. He probably thought NKorea was the JV Team.
    Or just leave NK alone? they are only fucking up themselves, they haven't harmed any other country.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Or just leave NK alone? they are only fucking up themselves, they haven't harmed any other country.
    Mad man running around in the street firing guns into the air, threatening to kill people. you tell the cop "just leave him alone, he hasn't harmed anyone".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    My only worry is, that Trump is assuming Kim is the same type of person as him. Trump is a shitposting troll, but Kim is legitamately insane. Its like when two kids are play fighting and suddenly one of them starts fighting seriously. Or your playing with a cat when suddenly it gets overstimulated and attacks your hand or whatever.

Trump assumes Kim will have the same personal limitations as him, but they have fundamentally different levels of control over their respective countries. Trump hasn't actually managed to command much of anyone to do anything yet because as much as people label him a tyrant, he still exists in a democratic system. For Kim, this is not the case.

Think Kim is sane enough not to start a war. If he starts a war he knows that he would more than likely would lose N Korea in the process, and I doubt he wants that to happen. It's pretty much one big game of words between him, and Trump at this point. Imo, I believe Trump should stay away from penis waiving contest, and let his military advisers do all the talking/work.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-09-22 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mad man running around in the street firing guns into the air, threatening to kill people. you tell the cop "just leave him alone, he hasn't harmed anyone".
    US playing the morality card doesn't work.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... Kim didn't dare do shit like this until Trump. Before this, his threats were CGI none sense, that got shut down within a month. This was under his father as well, it was just this dance with an impotent man child. It wasn't until Trump, that Kim saw an opportunity to do this. It wasn't until Kim thought US leadership was finally at the Kek level he has been operating under.

You may have the Emperor of Kek, but Korea has had the Kek oligarchy:

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/in...l_64678129.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    US playing the morality card doesn't work.
    With North Korea it does. Trump did make the card far weaker for us to use, which is why Korea is doing this and why Russia is now taking our role as the peace keeper. 4D Chess baby!!

- - - Updated - - -

I really want to know, what Obama or any other president has said publicly, that would result in such a reply from North Korea? This has never escalated to this point, because we have never had a weaker president. A president so weak, he cannot keep him self from spilling his emotions like a prepubescent child. If you had any other candidate, from either party and many independent ones, this shit would have been squashed weeks ago... as it always was... as I've said before... Coalition of the willing > Fire and brimstone... and that's comparing to Iraq war, not the most well thought out and emotion free reaction.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Good thing we got Donald Trump in charge whose brilliant strategy is to name call them into the negotiating table

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,"
    I don't really see the problem with what he said. It's just we will attack you if you attack us.

Out of the nations that were called by Trump and responded Venezuela is by far the funniest one.

http://www.newsweek.com/venezuela-ca...-speech-667794
    i have a problem with what he said. War between nations is one thing, military rule of engagement, not purposely targeting civilian population. I understand collateral always happen but it must never be the aim.

He said "totally destroy north korea". That means its civil population as well. That's a war crime, that's a crime against humanity. and i do have a problem with that.

Question.

If I was to arrest you and then freeze $10,000 in assets of yours and then let you go but hold the assets.

When I finally unfreeze those assets. Did I pay you $10,000 or did I return $10,000 that was already yours?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.