10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Conservative MP apologises for calling minister 'climate Barbie'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...limate-barbie/

A Canadian MP has been forced to apologise after calling a female minister "climate Barbie" during a heated Twitter debate.

Gerry Ritz made the comment to Catherine McKenna while discussing a climate change report.

She bit back, saying the comment was "sexist " and asked whether he would call his female family members by such a derogatory term.

The MP decided to tweet after the release of a report about major industrialised nations not meeting the targets set out in the Paris climate-change accord.

He said: "Has anyone told our climate Barbie!"

She replied: "Do you use that sexist language about your daughter, mother, sister?

"We need more women in politics. Your sexist comments won't stop us".

He has now apologised, tweeting: "I apologize for the use of Barbie, it is not reflective of the role the Minister plays".

House leader Bardish Chagger criticised the statement in Parliament, saying there was "no room for that kind of ignorance in Canadian politics".

Heritage Minister Melanie Joly said "Sexism is unacceptable".

Mr Ritz recently announced he was going to leave politics after two decades.
    Wonder if he will learn his lesson? Such language is simply unacceptable in today's environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wonder if he will learn his lesson? Such language is simply unacceptable in today's environment.
    Unlikely. This guy has a long history of stupid statements, such as "please tell me it's Wayne Easter".

And fortunately, he should no longer be a problem in a week and a half.

Unless he decides to try his hand at replacing Wall and becomes more specifically my problem.
    Last edited by Masark; 2017-09-22 at 02:38 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I think there is a politician version of barbie not sure tho.

More OT: Yeah, this really goes to show how deep-rooted sexism is in Canadian politics.

Not sure what he is apologising for, it's a clever comment that will stick.

7+ Year Old Account
    First we need to consult @Celista. Is this barbie overrated or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    All I'm reading is that some Canadians don't understand how "sexist" works.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    First we need to consult @Celista. Is this barbie overrated or what?
    I don't know, but that photo of her is REALLY weird...the skin around her mouth looks grey on my monitor.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Such language is simply unacceptable in today's environment.
    lol

Ten characters.

Wow, big news.

Canada must be an exciting place to live and cover

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Wow, big news.

Canada must be an exciting place to live and cover
    Rather live here than somewhere with a bunch of violent murders or an economy which is falling apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Climate barbie? What does that even mean?

Rather live here than somewhere with a bunch of violent murders or an economy which is falling apart.
    You're essentially describing Canadian First Nations reservations.

How telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an extremist SJW, I don't hold that apologize for the sake of it matters, because if the purpose is to just be outraged fuck that. I also believe in mercy if a person seriously does apologize and it's legit it doesn't mean that changes whatever harm there was but in their action follow for more than show what they say there should be an opportunity to come back.

That said however Climate Change Barbie, yeah I think it's as low a blow as calling Palin Caribou barbie. I mean I get it haha, because she is a passive aggressive agent for being passive aggressive right. It's still stupid and sexist.

Because the concept is prefaced on their looks, which is always, and I mean always a bullshit go to get at most women in power. I don't support that shit, Sarah Palin is an idiot, period, her reason and rationale are those of someone either too stupid care, or too ignorant to find out.

Would I call her out, however taking every opportunity to call her a dumb bitch every chance I get.

There are some exceptions though, but even then I wouldn't take the bait, and that is when yes SOME women actually play on their looks specifically, and in those instances when it backfires, I feel they are fair game for opening the door.

If you want to be taken seriously, fine, don't make it about your looks one way or another, the same goes for identity politics, which I am fine with, but if you open the door, and presume to speak on behalf of anyone but yourself, you're fair game in any direction.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

She is Climate Barbie. Listen to her for 2 seconds and she sounds like she has an IQ of 70.