Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    "According to an article by The Guardian, movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories, including script and development (around 5% of the budget), licensing, and salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." <-- I trust The Guardian more about what goes into the budget, than I do some random dude on MMO-Champion.
    But please, go on, tell me how wrong The Guardian is, or the other COUNTLESS articles on Google when you search for "what goes into a movie budget" tells us .
    Go on .

Edit to throw in an extra "Go on!".

Ps. Go on .
    movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories.... Broken down into catagories... Remember that.

1. script and development (not production budget)
    2. licensing (not production budget)
    3. salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." (not production budget)

If you trust them so much that same article says this that you conventionally left out:

"Then there are the actual production costs, which include the ongoing salaries of all the people needed to make production happen; production costs eat up a big chunk of the budget, easily taking 25% of the total."

Then there are the actual production costs. - That means all the other things mentioned are not tallied in production budgets. Sure it inclused grips and craft services and a large number of things but not the other listed things above.

And since you want to use The guardian so much as some standard. It seems this also has a high chance of not bing in production costs as well though I'll admit for warcfraft I bet it was but it's hard to know for sure now that I read The Guardian.

"And production isn't the end of the story: special effects, depending on the type of movie, can be an enormous cost, and music has to be composed and performed as well. "

So they don't consider those in production either.

Not sure how many more times it needs to be explained to you and using your own article. You are simply wrong along with Skannerz22 statement of excluding everything. Production budget excludes quite a lot all on it's own.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-02 at 03:15 PM.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories.... Broken down into catagories... Remember that.

1. script and development (not production budget)
    2. licensing (not production budget)
    3. salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." (not production budget)

If you trust them so much that same article says this that you conventionally left out:

"Then there are the actual production costs, which include the ongoing salaries of all the people needed to make production happen; production costs eat up a big chunk of the budget, easily taking 25% of the total."

Then there are the actual production costs. - That means all the other things mentioned are not tallied in production budgets. Sure it inclused grips and craft services and a large number of things but not the other listed things above.

And since you want to use The guardian so much as some standard. It seems this also has a high chance of not bing in production costs as well though I'll admit for warcfraft I bet it was but it's hard to know for sure now that I read The Guardian.

"And production isn't the end of the story: special effects, depending on the type of movie, can be an enormous cost, and music has to be composed and performed as well. "

So they don't consider those in production either.

Not sure how many more times it needs to be explained to you and using your own article. You are simply wrong along with Skannerz22 statement of excluding everything. Production budget excludes quite a lot all on it's own.
    You realize that it was Winter Blossom who excluded things, right? And that Skannerz22 made a snarky comment on how that was false?

She excluded the former list from the budget, which was patently false, even by your own words.

It's fine dude, you were wrong, it happens .

Yes please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Warcraft 3 has no story to speak of.
    Are you for real? The Arthas story alone can fill up a whole trilogy, then we also have Thrall finding his new destiny in Kalimdor which eventually leads to bringing down Archimonde and the Legion in Hyjal. Even the night elf and blood elf campaigns from The Frozen Throne can warrant their own movies.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Arthas story alone can fill up a whole trilogy
    But we are not talking about a trilogy. We need a self-contained, film-worthy story to make just one completed movie. The Arthas one is nowhere close, giving it's just a campaign-long tutorial mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    You realize that it was Winter Blossom who excluded things, right? And that Skannerz22 made a snarky comment on how that was false?

She excluded the former list from the budget, which was patently false, even by your own words.
    I suggest you go re-read how that went. I'm not sure you could be more wrong than you are but I'm sure you'll try.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I suggest you go re-read how that went. I'm not sure you could be more wrong than you are but I'm sure you'll try.
    I mean, I could quote her post again, just to shame you some more I guess? Is that your thing, a shaming fetish? I'm not judging!
    More power to you man!