Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have to say, if you're pushing 30 years old and are asking questions like this on a gaming forum, then the 33 year old female has probably already picked-up on your immaturity. Also, if you bring something like that up at work, then you'll probably be looking for another position soon. Don't lose your dream girl and your job on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Nope, and If your partner is willing and asked out that is ALL that matters period.

A ring is a symbol, if someone else has business with your friend, well that is between them.
    Well its lucky you're talking a load of horse s**t then isnt it. Marriage is an institution some people do not want to be a part of. Its dying out. At least here it is in the UK. Marriage rates have fallen since 2009. People here have grown some common sense and realised you don't need to be married to show the world you love that other person.

If someone needs a ring on a finger to prove commitment then thats their own insecurity. I mean....its sure worked wonders everywhere hasn't it. The Infidelity rate in the USA which led to divorces is very high. So a ring on the finger doesn't protect the relationship. A ring is a symbol i agree, but its not a magical ward. If someone see's a ring on someones finger and still wants to bed them, they will try probably just as much as if a ring wasn't on the finger. People will try regardless. I've been propositioned a few times. All i said was No, i have a boyfriend. If they carry on knowing that, i simply ignore them and tell them to do one. And I have no reason to suspect he hasn't said the same to anyone that's approached him.
    Last edited by Bae; 2017-09-22 at 06:10 PM.

"Dating" isn't "married". If she don't have a ring on her finger, she's fair game.

Man I got involved with a girl who was with her BF for 3 months and was a total dick AND she apparently had feelings for me per her friend and STILL went fucking sideways for me. You need to move on and get over it. It's all just chemicals being pumped through you because of attraction anyway. Nothing was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    I started working at this school as tech support about 3 years ago where I met this wonderful Headmaster, let's call her Kriss ( she was second in command at first, she became headmaster the following year) and it was love at first sight for me but i didn't pursue her. There is a 4 year gap between us which isn't a problem at all, i'm 29 and she is 33.

Here is where things become complicated, Kriss has a bf, they've been together for about 8 years, they also live together but they are still not married. She is a very lovely, loving, kind person and she is this way with everyone around her. Kriss and I have a good friendly relationship we talk and joke all the time.

I was thinking about telling her how i feel, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do. On one hand this would kinda give me closure so i can move on, but on the other hand Kriss is my boss and I still have to work with her after the fact and I am a little bit afraid how this will affect our relationship.

What do you guys think? Is it ok, fair to pursue a girl who is in a relationship for this long?
    Half the planet is female and half the planet is male. Find another person. It's not as complicated as you are making it seem. You will get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bae View Post
    Well its lucky you're talking a load of horse s**t then isnt it. Marriage is an institution some people do not want to be a part of. Its dying out. At least here it is in the UK. Marriage rates have fallen since 2009. People here have grown some common sense and realised you don't need to be married to show the world you love that other person.

If someone needs a ring on a finger to prove commitment then thats their own insecurity. I mean....its sure worked wonders everywhere hasn't it. The Infidelity rate in the USA which led to divorces is very high. So a ring on the finger doesn't protect the relationship. A ring is a symbol i agree, but its not a magical ward. If someone see's a ring on someones finger and still wants to bed them, they will try probably just as much as if a ring wasn't on the finger. People will try regardless. I've been propositioned a few times. All i said was No, i have a boyfriend. If they carry on knowing that, i simply ignore them and tell them to do one. And I have no reason to suspect he hasn't said the same to anyone that's approached him.
    Then don't be married, why do you think I care. However this idea that my name is Nationwide and I am supposed to be on your fucking side, is silly.

I am not your friend, and neither is most of the world, and just because you feel a certain way, doesn't really amount to much unless you back it up, simple as that. Insecurities be damned.

Two people find they are interested in each other, if their is no ring, well then let them find happiness. As for how someone else feels, well life is about competition and conflict, sometimes it's just how it has to be. I am ok with the that, but let's just not pretend we both give a shit about your ideas your rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You continued the subject from my/your own perspectives, and from my perspective... Friend or not, if I'm interested in someone who is already in a relationship, I will not interfere at all if they're happy. My ultimate goal with a relationship is happiness for both, but if that is not to be, then I seek happiness for them, regardless of who it is with, I can look elsewhere.
    If they are open and agree to switch up they aren't happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i'm sorry, i don't even know how to respond to this because that is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen another human being attempt to earnestly posit as a truth about the physical world.
    you either have a magnificently naive view of relationships and marriage, or you've never actually known anyone in a marriage before, because that statement is such a load of crap it defies reason.

marriage is nothing more or less than posting a speed limit sign on a highway.
    acting like that's going to realistically impact everyone's behavior is ludicrous to the point of absurdity.

no, it's still fictional either way, as in it's a fabrication with no basis in reality.
    relationships in general and marriage especially is a children's story that we've all collectively agreed to buy into - which gives it subjective importance, no doubt, but it has no real or substantive weight.

lol on that we most definitely agree.

yeah i'd personally never fuck with another couple's relationship, that's just my personal code - and granted it's one i think is sound, and one i'd advise others to use as well, but it's still just personal and subjective and i'd never pretend that because i think it that means everyone else does.
    I would agree with the last part, I mean why break up a comfortable relationship I guess, but if I want what I want, and it is that serious, they aren't in a relationship, if the person I am interested in, is worth asking out that is all that matters.

Some insignificant other is just that, I am an adult and grown man, if she can handle her end, I will be more than happy to follow up on my end. I am not everybody's friends, nor do I give a shit about the concerns of someone who's happiness isn't my job to.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I started working at this school as tech support about 3 years ago where I met this wonderful Headmaster, let's call her Kriss ( she was second in command at first, she became headmaster the following year) and it was love at first sight for me but i didn't pursue her. There is a 4 year gap between us which isn't a problem at all, i'm 29 and she is 33.

Here is where things become complicated, Kriss has a bf, they've been together for about 8 years, they also live together but they are still not married. She is a very lovely, loving, kind person and she is this way with everyone around her. Kriss and I have a good friendly relationship we talk and joke all the time.

I was thinking about telling her how i feel, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do. On one hand this would kinda give me closure so i can move on, but on the other hand Kriss is my boss and I still have to work with her after the fact and I am a little bit afraid how this will affect our relationship.

What do you guys think? Is it ok, fair to pursue a girl who is in a relationship for this long?
    As far as pursuing it- you can do whatever you want.

I am here to give you your reality check though (and save you a lot of trouble and embarassment)- it's not happening.

If you have been working together for three years and the relationship hasn't evolved then there is nothing for it to evolve into. Plus she is in a long term relationship.

That is all before even considering that she is already taken and how would you feel about it if someone was hitting on your gf of 8 years? Exactly.

I know guys do it, but I purposefully never pursued a girl already in a relationship. Not only is it really poor form, there are so many fish in the sea that you don't even have to do it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well can't hurt in asking, she isn't married even if she has been with her bf for 8 years which could mean she doesn't want commitment or basically doesn't like him that way :P. A girl I worked with got married and the next week told me she liked me alot and was kinda "confused" I liked her and told her to just do what she feels, because you only get one life and there is no point in living a lie with someone just because you "get on" with their family or whatever. I was with her for 6 years after that.

So just ask, if she is as nice as you say then she will probably be flattered but ultimately will understand and see how it goes, if she isn't "into" you then no worries, atleast you let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Okay then... don't respond to me, lady. It's really that simple.
    I wouldn't expect anything else from from a FCB fan

Don't approach until she breaks up with her partner. Sounds like they're pretty serious and you shouldn't intrude on them.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

not ask for advice on mmo-c, lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Fell in love with my school Headmaster, what do i do?
    The first thing you do is not talk about it on social media, forums or anywhere else on the internet.

Oh dear, I'm too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, no no. Best thing you can do is move on. May be a hard pill to swallow, but quick thinking with your emotions, and realize shes been in a relationship for 8 years. Shes not gonna flush that down the toilet for a cutie at work.

Tell her late at night after work in her office, record and upload it.

No, you don't get laid where you get paid.

This doesn't need to go any further then that. I can also give you another reason not to do it. You know about her boyfriend which means she mentioned him, which means she trusts you not to stick your dick in their relationship. So if you try too, she isn't going to trust you anymore.

Deleted

You sound like a pussy pos. Grats.

She is in a relationship and your boss, do not say anything. Move on and find someone else. She has been with her boyfriend for 8 years and has given no indication to you that she wants to be move than friends with you. She does not have to be married to be committed to her boyfriend which after 8 years together she obviously is. You do not need to tell her in order to move on. You move on because she is taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You act as if the person has no agency this is the 21st century, unless there is a ring, there is no established commitment.
    Just because they have not gotten married does not mean they are committed. My husband and I were together 8 years before we got married, granted we started dating when I was 15 but I was 100% committed to him and him to me as soon as we were together. I am not committed to him because we are married, I am committed to him because I love him. We got married but had we not, we would still be together.
    Last edited by Seirith; 2017-09-22 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Just because they have not gotten married does not mean they are committed. My husband and I were together 8 years before we got married, granted we started dating when I was 15 but I was 100% committed to him and him to me as soon as we were together. I am not committed to him because we are married, I am committed to him because I love him. We got married but had we not, we would still be together.
    Ok I get what you mean and I respect that, and if someone asked you out married or not you would likely say NO right, I mean that is YOUR choice correct. I am just saying seeing a wedding or a act of commitment of course that should be observed in my opinion.

But just a relationship per say, again if she is fine with it, that is the only vote that matters.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account

There's 2 ways to look at this.

1st

This is a totally scumbag thing to do. You don't try to steal someone else's woman. She's in a relationship and you should mind your own business. If she is happy then why ruin her and her bf's life? You could be tempting her into doing something she would regret.

2nd

Someone might argue that since it's been 8 years and they're still not married that their relationship is going nowhere. In such a case you could state your case why she is wasting her time and why you will provide a better future.

Send her a dick pic.

In all seriousness, don't say a word and get rid of those feelings asap. It'd be one thing if she was single, or perhaps if you definitively knew she was unhappy in her current relationship, but even then still risky. Regardless, it sounds like you are friend-zoned anyway. Don't put you livelihood at risk for some chick, especially one who probably doesn't see you as anything more then a nice colleague.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Here are 10 simple steps to get any woman with a boyfriend:

1. Hire a Latvian prostitute to pose as your girlfriend
    2. Go on a double date and have the hooker brag you up.
    3. Hack your crushes computer
    4. find out all her info and her boyfriends
    5. start making it seem like he is trying to bang other chicks online or make him seem like a criminal
    6. Have your hooker try and start a relationship with the boyfriend. If he refuses have her lie and tell your crush he hit on her otherwise take pics of them together.
    7. Exercise a bit cause you don't wanna look like shit when you finally get her.
    8. If they are still together place women's underwear in their bed.
    9. Comfort her,
    10. Ask her out.
    Alternatively, bang the Latvian hooker and move on with your life.