Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

Conservative meeting next month; i would expect some knives in the dark.
    If there is no position by next spring, buisnesses (banks etc) have already said they will enact thier plans for a no deal aka they will walk. These careerist Tories are a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got a transition period of 2 years, you incompetent nitwit. You started it 6 months ago.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Umm, that was the plan all the time; even a hard and cold brexit (without anything negotiated, when the time is up) was preferred once.

For the "let us back in" question: UK can, while still member of EU, cancel the whole thing; but not in the planned transition period. technically a re-enter deal, but then without any rebate and such and plz, use the EURO then...
    I'm under the impression that once you start the exit procedure what they did, you cannot simply undo it. While article 50 does not state that you can or cannot reverse the process once started, it therefor requires a political majority in the EU, if not an unanimous agreement for them to be allowed back in, since that's basically what is being asked of each member state.

Them being allowed back in under the same conditions after this charade? Does that seem likely to you? Knowing how rarely the EU agrees on something, i say you are better of going into the woods and finding an unicorn.
    Cause it's not happening, matter is other leaders have already spoken and are rather clear on it. If they want back in, it is AFTER article 50 is round off and than the procedure can be restarted again.

And that's just looking it from our perspective, these brits cannot even reach a consensus within their current leading political party on the exit. So it is not a realistic scenario at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I'm under the impression that once you start the exit procedure what they did, you cannot simply undo it. While article 50 does not state that you can or cannot reverse the process once started, it therefor requires a political majority in the EU, if not an unanimous agreement for them to be allowed back in, since that's basically what is being asked of each member state.
    There's debate on the subject. There are lots of prominent people on both sides of that matter. For example, the guy who wrote the thing thinks the UK can unilaterally cancel it, while the UK Supreme Court thinks otherwise.

If the UK does come to its senses and tries to cancel, it'll almost certainly be going to the EU courts for a final decision.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You've got a transition period of 2 years, you incompetent nitwit. You started it 6 months ago.
    That's our preparation time.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this rate this whole Brexit charade reminds me on this.

WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    You jumped without a parachute and now you are asking more airtime to figure out how to survive the landing? You won't, May, you are utterly fucked.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it baffles me that the UK didn't have a clear plan before triggering article 50, let alone before campigning for brexit in 2016. It's staggering most of the brexiters didn't know what leaving the EU entails and requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    it baffles me that the UK didn't have a clear plan before triggering article 50, let alone before campigning for brexit in 2016. It's staggering most of the brexiters didn't know what leaving the EU entails and requires.
    Considering the entire pro-Brexit campaign was based upon little more than complete lies and some not-so-subtle nationalism/racism/xenophobia, is that much of a surprise?

15+ Year Old Account
    Stong and stable.

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering the entire pro-Brexit campaign was based upon little more than complete lies and some not-so-subtle nationalism/racism/xenophobia, is that much of a surprise?
    that's the thing. i want to believe at least that the pro brexit and pro remain were both campaigning in good faith, just have different opinion about the future of their country, i can respect that.

But in order to campaign for something, it seems to me you have to understand what you are campaigning for, what leaving the EU means on the short, medium and long term.

it just look like they were so unprepared for it. Whether you are a pro EU or not, you have to believe the EU is a massive political, economic and legal entity, you can't go into negociation with it unprepared, you are going to get eaten alive.

it just look like they were so unprepared for it. Whether you are a pro EU or not, you have to believe the EU is a massive political, economic and legal entity, you can't go into negociation with it unprepared, you are going to get eaten alive.
    British exceptionalism led them to believe they'd have the upper hand (and possibly buying into the propaganda that the EU is dysfunctional).

10+ Year Old Account
    They had no plan, because the party and front runners mostly all tied to UKIP and wealthy businessmen all bailed on it once the vote ended, the brexit campaign was a tool to increase the votes for the conservative party, a strategy used for decades blaming national political issues and social issues on the EU. A scapegoat who rarely responded back to childish bickering.

They had years to prepare for this but as stated they really had no intention of leaving, most are all gone now minus the you the few opportunists like Boris but his endgame was to become PM, a person who puts personal ambition before country. Some will have to do something that haven't done in years, become accountable for bad political leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    There's debate on the subject. There are lots of prominent people on both sides of that matter. For example, the guy who wrote the thing thinks the UK can unilaterally cancel it, while the UK Supreme Court thinks otherwise.

If the UK does come to its senses and tries to cancel, it'll almost certainly be going to the EU courts for a final decision.
    Perhaps but the UK won't try to cancel it, too many people staked too much political capital in this move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeyYdGoLCU

UKs credit rating downgraded again.
    That is because of the uncertainty created by these conflicting statements, not because of them being longer inside the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the people in charge of campaigning for it ever actually expected to win. Political chaos and people involved bailing followed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Didn't we already have 2 years of transition?

Honestly I'd rather we just pull the plug now and get out as soon as possible.

So, they are hoping that the opinions on Brexit will change if they stretch the negotiations long enough? Honestly this might even work, 4 years is a long time for the average voting sheep.

Exit from brexit means exit from brexit, the people have spoken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    So, they are hoping that the opinions on Brexit will change if they stretch the negotiations long enough? Honestly this might even work, 4 years is a long time for the average voting sheep.

Doesn't exit from brexit mean you stay in EU? I see why they may be confused...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

Maybe the people have more to say after they realize a "red white and blue" brexit is looking more and more like a black and blue brexit.