Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yes you can. The old original items don't give the appearance, only the replica versions do. The replica versions are purchasable with either Rank 9 or higher from Classic PvP or from Rank 9 or higher from RBGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Rank 9 is Centurion/Knight-Champion
    You sure? Wowhead comments are saying Legionnaire and Knight Captain unlock the gear and there hasn't been any corrections. Besides, I was able to buy the gear on the Warrior who earned it, after a test a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    True this is, but honestly, it isn't as rewarding.

If my information is also correct, you cannot get the moggable PVP gear with the RBG titles.

Hm, nope? Not for me at least. I can only mog the Tabard of the Protector from the Dark Portal event; it looks the exact same as the Argent tabard.
    You absolutley can use the gear if you have the RBG titles. I didn't play in vanilla and have the rbg ranks on a few toons allowing me to transmog the gear that is rank locked.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Would it be as prestigious if they were account wide? Would personally take the thrill out of it.

You sure? Wowhead comments are saying Legionnaire and Knight Captain unlock the gear and there hasn't been any corrections. Besides, I was able to buy the gear on the Warrior who earned it, after a test a few years back.
    Maybe it is rank 8 that unlocks it. But rank 9 is Centurion/Knight-Champion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typing Argent Dawn in my Wardrobe only brings me to the Tabard of the Protector. Huh.

Maybe it's because the wardrobe documents items with the same colors and models under a single name, and I guess it just documented under Protector for me.
    Right click the Tabard of the Protector in the transmog window - for items with the same appearance you can pick which one you want to use this way

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Would it be as prestigious if they were account wide? Would personally take the thrill out of it.
    Yeah dude let me tell you the thrill I get when I look at my GM character I haven't played in five years. Ooh what a rush looking at them makes the hairs on my arm stand on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Which is what I was saying. I bought the old original items with the titles I had in the past. None of it is moggable. Not the new nor the old.
    My mage was Lieutenant Commander in Vanilla and can buy the Classic cloth gear just fine @ the Vendor in Netherstorm and i have no RBG achievements, and yes she is currently mogged with the blue quality version of the set.

https://imgur.com/a/ZTk9P
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-09-22 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    My mage was Lieutenant Commander in Vanilla and can buy the Classic cloth gear just fine @ the Vendor in Netherstorm and i have no RBG achievements, and yes she is currently mogged with the blue quality version of the set.

https://imgur.com/a/ZTk9P
    Yeah, I can buy the gear, just can't mog it. Yours is also a case of X rank so you can buy any of them.

If you got a lower rank in Classic you can't buy the gear even though you have the title. So you can't mog it. The original gear (located in Orgrimmar) is unmoggable.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-09-22 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah dude let me tell you the thrill I get when I look at my GM character I haven't played in five years. Ooh what a rush looking at them makes the hairs on my arm stand on end.
    So? tough luck! making prestige acount wide is a terrible idea cause everyone would just play the fotm class....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So? tough luck! making prestige acount wide is a terrible idea cause everyone would just play the fotm class....
    Oh you mean like 90% of people do now and have done for years?

You're saying you can mog your Grand Marshal gear on your mage, and any other mage alts?

Must be a bug, because I earned Knight Captain on a Warrior, and on the Warrior I play now cannot mog the gear, or buy it in fact. But last I checked was during WoD.
    Log on the Warrior that has the title, go to Netherstorm, buy the replica gear, your new Warrior now has access to it. It's account wide for the class that you have it unlocked for. I have it on my Warrior, Paladin and Rogue alts that didn't even exist back then.

True this is, but honestly, it isn't as rewarding.

If my information is also correct, you cannot get the moggable PVP gear with the RBG titles.
    I have a warrior on my account with Legionaire/Knight Captain title from vanilla who can use the old mogs, and I also got to Centurion on my shaman (that was created in TBC) during Cata and was also able to transmog the Warlord/HWL stuff onto any of my gear. That said, my information is correct up to WoD; I do not know if all the wardrobe system changes brought in with Legion affected that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Log on the Warrior that has the title, go to Netherstorm, buy the replica gear, your new Warrior now has access to it. It's account wide for the class that you have it unlocked for. I have it on my Warrior, Paladin and Rogue alts that didn't even exist back then.
    On top of this, don't forget to delete the items to get around the 2 hour buyback timer.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    You're saying you can mog your Grand Marshal gear on your mage, and any other mage alts?

Must be a bug, because I earned Knight Captain on a Warrior, and on the Warrior I play now cannot mog the gear, or buy it in fact. But last I checked was during WoD.
    I have the 1900 RBG Title and can mog the old Grand Marshal gear. The RBG title is character only as well though, you won't be able to mog other chars.

I quit a while back, but it should still be so.