Poll: Underwater Zone

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Return of the Underwater Zones

How do you guys feel about having another underwater zone or two in the next expansion?
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Please, god, no.

Sure, never bothered me.

I doubt it will happen. In WoD I'd have said maybe, but now we have world quests, so nobody has the option of just never going back there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not opposed to these kind of zones, despite what this forums are.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pass.

/10 char

Deleted
    Wow engine isn't really good for 3 dimensional combat.

Vashj'ir, while probably most beautifull zone in wow, was a clusterfuck in the combat and orientation

I'm fine with small underwater sections (with swim speed buffs) like the one in Suramar but not the entire zone

I don't think blizz would do a zone like Vash'jir again but I think a zone more akin to that underwater city in Star Wars 1 could be possible.

I wouldn't mind. Vashj'ir is a very beautiful and well-made zone. I can understand though why not everyone would want another one.

Wonder if we'll ever see a underwater dungeon, or raid boss?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better, imagine that Azshara is last boss of mid/last tier of next expansion. And underwater Nazjatar is patch zone. Whiners here can't stand few hills in Argus, imagine their reaction to whole underwater patch;P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Vashj'ir! Especially for World PvP!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I never had a problem with Vash'jir so would love to have another zone like it. They can always improve upon it though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It'll probably happen but instead of Vash'jir, it'll probably be Atlantis style where you've got a huge bubble around the zone. Technically underwater but you won't have the collision issues with spells, etc.

They could also anchor you to the ground like normal zones but then we'll use sea mounts as we use flying mounts above ground.

There's lots of ways to do this without bringing back the issues they had in Cata.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They probably just make it an underwater tunnel system or a giant dome, upheld by arcane magic, or just some unexplained barrier like ToS Mistress Sassz'ine room.

But we had similar before with the Ozumat fight of course.

Still think the architecture will look new since it's a city built by naga themselves and not sunken ruins.

Argus style design could even divide it in multiple zone sections with teleporters around it.

Some parts in a bubble, and some parts just seafloor combat and caverns.

In lore we got places like:
    Mak'aru — capital city of the makrura lobster-men
    Gishan Caverns (caves)
    Pillar Deep (giant pillars , tubeworms)
    the Boiling Terrace (volcanic, crabs)
    Rift
    Drowned Reaches (undead sailors)

Still they can retcon it any day of the week since it's very unkown.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-22 at 10:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As pretty as Vash'jir was, I would NEVER like to see an underwater zone again EVER. It is too cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It'll probably happen but instead of Vash'jir, it'll probably be Atlantis style where you've got a huge bubble around the zone. Technically underwater but you won't have the collision issues with spells, etc.

They could also anchor you to the ground like normal zones but then we'll use sea mounts as we use flying mounts above ground.

There's lots of ways to do this without bringing back the issues they had in Cata.
    This is how I would want it to be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir! Especially for World PvP!
    thing is what i like about a underwater zone is
    1. i love the idea, and underwater allows for such beautiful looks
    2. allows for more vertical that having to mount up to fly up then fight a mob then mount up to fly up, would just be hell
    3. allows for flying and world pvp, i remember on a pvp realm i played on once in awhile chasing down someone who was starting vash on a sea turtle well i was on the sea horse and eventually caught up to them, stunned em and pvped em, in the sky, why? cause it was underwater.
    4. it allows for interesting mechanics, like you could have low tide high tide, what blizz could do is every 12 hours have a warning go out Everyone who does not get to the specific caves is killed after 15 minutes and teleported to these caves, once in these caves it could phase us into a "low tide" version of the map, where a large part of the area has gone onto land. thing there have changed, instead of seeing freindly fish swimming around now they are flopping around and you need to throw them back into the water. Naga instead of swimming around are now stuck on the group, a ship once underwater is now sticking out.
    5. still going onto the "tides" thing blizzard could add currents, lets say we get 3 underwater zones in a canyon like thing, each day they could cut off a zone "The tides have shifted Zone A is now filled with rushing currents" You can still flight path from safe cave to safe cave, but hitting the current will blast you out into the ocean and die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This is how I would want it to be done.
    so not an underwater zone? just a zone... that has water around it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so not an underwater zone? just a zone... that has water around it?
    Well, it would have water over it, so technically it would be an under water zone. Very technically.

The N-Djinn has been changed since Cata, though. For one, range is now calculated in all directions(i.e. it's a ball around you, not a cylinder anymore). Still issues with targeting reticles, though.

Still, Vashj'ir was my favorite Cata zone, so you can guess my answer.

Deleted
    Have no problem with it.

But i hope they can twink the minimap/map for a 3d world so you know if you need to go up or down.
    And traveling and combat under water needs work in my opinion.

if they made it they could simply make sure you can only swim right above the sea floor. So ya know, it doesnt feel like we are flying