Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's easy to throw out petty insults when you are strawmanning.

Like me any many other people have said, I wouldn't even heavily use the feature, but if I just want to pop on and do a few dailies and not have to talk to people it would be nice. It's unfathomable that you've never not wanted to talk to people.

Again, you don't have to use the feature, and other people using the feature doesn't affect you in any way. Realistically the only reason someone would disagree with such a feature is because they are one of the people who incessantly pesters people to play with them. You literally are the person everyone regrets adding to their friends list, you're literally the reason people want this feature, it's understandable why you and other people who can't take no for an answer don't want this feature. No one would play with you anymore if it existed.
    Wow the mental gymnastics this guy went through to somehow turn a situation favorable to him and then suddenly fail dramatically in the conclusion not even addressing the point in the comment is pretty pathetic.

No wonder why people don't want to play WOW, they have to pay a premium service to put up with people of the likes to you, in both on the forums and in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong...
    Are you going to expound on why he is wrong?

I can't wait till they add support characters for just $3.99 and gems. Then they can send phone notifications and daily treasures when you log in. RIP wow.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much doom and gloom over emoji. Has it occurred to none of you that this may have been a popular feature request, and that any modern/contemporary chat client supports emoji? The only big surprise (but not, considering the developer) is that it took Blizzard this long to add them.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    oh cool. emoticons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong...
    I'm actually trying really hard to think of an expansion filled with more design choices outside of the player's control and I can't think of one. Which one were you thinking?
    BfA Beta Time

I've played since vanilla, through every expansion and in my honest opinion Legion is the worst one to date. The first month or two I thought it was pretty good, but the more you play it the more you see all the flaws and it just makes me not wanting to play. I could go through what's good and what's bad in the expansion but most people are already aware of everything, it's all on the wow forums.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine if Blizzard worked on stuff that players wanted, rather than dedicating their resources to adding emojis in the Battle.net desktop client!

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Now imagine if Blizzard worked on stuff that players wanted, rather than dedicating their resources to adding emojis in the Battle.net desktop client!
    And what do you want the Battle.net team to design for the Battle.net app specifically?

Or are you under the illusion that the WoW or Overwatch team did this?

I don't like emojis either but this probably took the efforts of 1 person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Glad to see they're focusing on the important stuff.

Seriously though, who asked for emojis in bnet? Who benefits from it?
    I see that they have focused on this instead of the planned "soon" appear offline feature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And what do you want the Battle.net team to design for the Battle.net app specifically?

Hmm.. Well, that explains why we have waited years and years for a "appear offline" feature added to the thing. Yet to blizzard , they keep saying soon to be added.... Battle net team VERY busy with something else maybe? oh, Emoticons ! That's what most people were asking for! Game changing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    I see that they have focused on this instead of the planned "soon" appear offline feature

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.. Well, that explains why we have waited years and years for a "appear offline" feature added to the thing. Yet to blizzard , they keep saying soon to be added.... Battle net team VERY busy with something else maybe? oh, Emoticons ! That's what most people were asking for! Game changing stuff
    Well Battle.net isn't a game. It's an application for accessing the games . Appear offline isn't exactly a riveting addition either.

And as I said this was probably done by 1 person in their spare time.

Deleted
    Well Battle.net isn't a game. It's an application for accessing the games . Appear offline isn't exactly a riveting addition either.

And as I said this was probably done by 1 person in their spare time.
    Well it is for a few people.. If they have them added on WoW, via Bnet, Xserver, and they want to just log on and have a break from people possibly asking constantly "do u wana do something? can u come help out in a raid, can u do this" that and the other It helps out quite abit, even if they wanted to enjoy a different game without "get on wow lets do something" or "help out the guild please as your online." etc.

Alot of people want the offline feature :P not emoticons haha.

Especially when we can LITERALLY put ", , :P, xD" list goes on, it's not exactly like we missed a 'feature'.

edit- I can't even get away from it in the MMOChamp threads, a normaly smiley face written with a keyboard auto turns it into one, Ugh :P

Reminds me of this snark:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    maybe they titanforge to Gifs and stickers
    lmao fucking brilliant mate. almost lost me coffee there
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    These offered some different environments and creatures than players had ever before scene, introducing the Klaxxi, Yaungol, and more Sha.
    I usually don't notice typos, but wow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

1. The Appear Offline feature which was promised five years ago. There are no options for hiding your online status to Battle.net friends and the only workaround is to block a port on your router which completely disables communication functionality between friends. Since you can already change your status to Busy or Away, this surely can't be too hard to implement?

2. Rolling out Blizzard Voice for more games and not just Overwatch. This isn't really a dealbreaker because Discord, Teamspeak, Raidcall, Ventrilo, Mumble, Skype and the Twitch client already exist as voice chat solutions. Something official integrated into each Battle.net game would be great though, especially after the barely functional mess that WoW players got a decade ago.

3. Support for classic Blizzard games in the client. The only classic Blizzard game to be supported in the launcher is StarCraft and that's the premium Remastered version. It's a bummer that we can't download, install and launch WarCraft II, WarCraft III, Diablo or Diablo II, or the other titles Blizzard released from the launcher.

4. More Activision games? Destiny 2's inclusion shows this isn't outside the realm of possibility.

5. Bug and optimisation fixes? I actually have the Battle.net desktop client close whenever I launch a game because having it open causes conflicts with my graphics drivers which makes them freeze and restart.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2017-09-29 at 04:36 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    1. The Appear Offline feature which was promised five years ago. There are no options for hiding your online status to Battle.net friends and the only workaround is to block a port on your router which completely disables that functionality. Since you can already change your status to Busy or Away, this surely can't be too hard to implement?

2. Rolling out Blizzard Voice for more games and not just Overwatch.

3. Support for classic Blizzard games in the client. The only classic Blizzard game to be supported in the launcher is StarCraft and that's the premium Remastered version. It's a bummer that we can't download, install and launch WarCraft II, WarCraft III, Diablo or Diablo II, or the other titles Blizzard released from the launcher.

4. More Activision games? Destiny 2's inclusion shows this isn't outside the realm of possibility.

5. Bug and optimisation fixes? I actually have the Battle.net desktop client close whenever I launch a game because having it open causes conflicts with my graphics drivers which makes them freeze and restart.
    1. Fair play. They have said this is on the back burner for god knows how long now. Personally I won't use it but I imagine there are people who would.

2. People really use that?! I figured with Discord people would just flock to that since it's free.

3. Probably takes a lot more work than you imagine. Which is why they are doing remastered versions. Diablo 1 used a really barebones form of Battle.net to be fair back then. The problem with the older games is that it doesn't use the same Battle.net structure that the modern games do either.

Warcraft 3 assets do exist in the app but it's just background borders. So it's either going to be a remaster or they might be able to port it since that one used a really advanced form of Battle.net with lobby features, matchmaking and custom games. But I imagine for the sake of money it will get remastered.

4. Destiny 2 is only published by them. I imagine in the future though Activision will want their games on it. Will be amusing watching people throw a temper tantrum over it and how it ruins the integrity of Battle.net

5. Can't say I experience these bugs however I have heard of people reporting them so again fair play.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-29 at 04:43 PM.